02-07-14 10:09 PM
51 123
tools
    I agree with the trying anything for one month time line. I know many friends that gave up on tech products after one day. Drives me nuts. Except for the times they gave it to me of course.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:14 PM
    So what if the One affects your opinion of the Z? You should try as many platforms and phones as possible and enjoy all of them. If you find yourself liking one more than the other, so be it. It's just a phone. You won't hurt it's feelings by letting it sit in a drawer until you get tired of it and want to go back to the other. I have and use BlackBerry, Android and iPhone and each platform and phone affects my opinion of the other. If it didn't, the whole thing would be a snooze fest.
    xBURK and Acidwire like this.
    02-02-14 05:34 PM
    So what if the One affects your opinion of the Z? You should try as many platforms and phones as possible and enjoy all of them. If you find yourself liking one more than the other, so be it. It's just a phone. You won't hurt it's feelings by letting it sit in a drawer until you get tired of it and want to go back to the other. I have and use BlackBerry, Android and iPhone and each platform and phone affects my opinion of the other. If it didn't, the whole thing would be a snooze fest.
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 05:55 PM
    Agreed. I went to BlackBerry to be able to get away from the data mining. Not even close to sorry

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:43 PM
    a phone is a phone... there is always cool features on every one elses phone.. you know the grass is greener....sort of thing... but my 2 cents.. i used and android for a few weeks.. i can't say anything about htc's version.. but man did i hate it.. ah it drove me nuts...i hate the multi tasking.. i hate the 10 back buttons.. it was just sloppy and and mess... i found blackberry refined and well thought out...so you will probably like it.. but for how long is the question.. haha..good luck.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-03-14 03:28 AM
    i guess it might effect when u start to download apps and u find ur fav apps and plus its a nice device my friend has it..working very fast too..

good luck
    02-03-14 04:02 AM
    "Multi platforming" is becoming more prevalent these days. I have been using devices from different platforms for a while now and to me it's like having the best of all things. I think you will be okay; maybe you will find some things better on the HTC or vice versa on the BB. Enjoy.
    02-03-14 07:21 AM
    The htc is an awesome device with a very good performance...in comparison with the Z10... If you have no problems with Android as a spy-ware (for your life and privacy) the htc will be able to impress you... But in comparison with a Z30 the htc will become average, boring and with no advantages... Believe it or not (nobody was more sceptical than me before!)- the Z30 rocks...a LOOOOT MORE than the Z10!
    02-03-14 08:03 AM
    I had the HTC One.
    - Much better battery than the Z10
    - Despite 4Mpix camera, doing much better photos
    - A better screen, but only when there was no sun
    - Sound Z10 is hopeless sound, even on headphones for 300USD

Despite these advantages, sold HTC One and again zrciłem into your Z10.
    Nothing beats BB10

I look forward now to December, for the promised new flagship BlackBerry.

PS.
    Sorry for my english (google translator): P

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 10:33 AM
    I had an amazing experience of updating an ancient Samsung Galaxy S Plus to Cyanogenmod 11 which is based on Android 4.4 Kit Kat. The phone was loaded with apps and was very laggy on the previous Gingerbread 2.3.3. Multitasking as we're accustomed to on BBOS and BB10 was basically nonexistent . After the update the phone felt like a brand new device even after Google Play Store automatically re downloaded and updated all of the apps - at least 65 or so. I was pleasantly surprised at the look and feel of the new Launcher's unlock gestures and other options when you touch and hold from a locked device. I was also pleasantly surprised at the presentation of the Contacts - which was well integrated into the phone app. There's more that I liked but I'll just end with the task switcher - it's pretty sleek.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:09 AM
    Your gonna love it!!! It will make you hate blackberry tho.
    02-03-14 11:52 AM
    I already know what's going to happen or at least have a pretty good idea.

1) You will be swiping your HTC a lot but no hub will appear or nothing will happen.
    2) You'll start writing long texts or mails on your HTC and you will curse a lot.
    3) Having experienced the 2 previous points for a week, you will throw your HTC in a drawer somewhere and back to your BB10 device (or buy a Z30 to compensate for your HTC feeling of emptiness)
    xBURK and angieberry10 like this.
    02-03-14 12:03 PM
    Funny. Playing with the HTC is what made me decide for the Z10 -- side by side.
    02-03-14 12:33 PM
    The os and ui will always drag you back
    02-03-14 12:36 PM
    Yes it will. You'll like the Z10 even more.

Source: former HTC One owner.
    02-03-14 12:54 PM
    Only you know what you will like best. :-D

That said, if I was forced to go Android as my daily driver, I'd want it to be on an HTC one. Had they had a Windows Phone derivative when I bought my Z10, it might have been a tougher fight ... I really don't like Android's UI (personal taste folks - I own a Kindle Fire HDX - am not a hater).
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-03-14 01:11 PM
    I just bought a best buy exclusive blue htc one on ebay for a great price that is stuck in a boot loop. I am pretty confident I can fix the boot loop and will then probably try to resell the htc one for a profit but i'm obviously going to play around with the htc one before I post it up for sale. I havent ever used anything other than BlackBerry. I love my z10 and q10 and currently think BlackBerry 10 is the best operating system for me as I use my phone almost exclusively for emails the size of small books and text messaging all day and night long (basing my opinion only on what I have read and seen on YouTube of windows phone, iPhone, and android). I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and supporter. I learned to develop apps because I love BlackBerry so much and somewhere inside I guess I am a little afraid I will like the htc one too much and it will lessen my love for BlackBerry. What do you all think the chances of this happening are? The phone comes in on Wednesday Feb 5th and I will report back but I guess I am looking for someone to ease my anxiety a little or tell me what you think is going to happen.

Look forward to your opinions and commentary
    02-03-14 02:52 PM
    I just bought a best buy exclusive blue htc one on ebay for a great price that is stuck in a boot loop. I am pretty confident I can fix the boot loop and will then probably try to resell the htc one for a profit but i'm obviously going to play around with the htc one before I post it up for sale. I havent ever used anything other than BlackBerry. I love my z10 and q10 and currently think BlackBerry 10 is the best operating system for me as I use my phone almost exclusively for emails the size of small books and text messaging all day and night long (basing my opinion only on what I have read and seen on YouTube of windows phone, iPhone, and android). I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and supporter. I learned to develop apps because I love BlackBerry so much and somewhere inside I guess I am a little afraid I will like the htc one too much and it will lessen my love for BlackBerry. What do you all think the chances of this happening are? The phone comes in on Wednesday Feb 5th and I will report back but I guess I am looking for someone to ease my anxiety a little or tell me what you think is going to happen.

Look forward to your opinions and commentary
    Good luck with that just got done re-flashing a Samsung Galaxy S3 that had the eternal system crash error and it was beyond frustrating ADB wouldn't detect it could not connect to PC. GOD iIwould rather unbrick an A5 wrong basebanded Iphone 5 than deal with another wrongly flashed Android device.
    02-03-14 04:19 PM
    Good luck with that just got done re-flashing a Samsung Galaxy S3 that had the eternal system crash error and it was beyond frustrating ADB wouldn't detect it could not connect to PC. GOD iIwould rather unbrick an A5 wrong basebanded Iphone 5 than deal with another wrongly flashed Android device.
    Uh oh. Lol

Any tips?

I was going to start by just trying to run a stock.. ruu on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:38 PM
    I've always said the the perfect BlackBerry would be the HTC One with BB10 OS !
    02-03-14 05:00 PM
    Right, I get your point but I haven't ever tried any platform other than bbos and bb10. So what I am concerned about is really more about Android as implemented on the htc one vs bb10 as implemented on the z10.

Let me ask you this, if you could only keep one: z30 or htc one?

Posted via CB10
    Why are you afraid to like it? It's not heroin. If you like it more, sell the blackberry. What's the problem?
    jpvj likes this.
    02-03-14 05:12 PM
    "Multi platforming" is becoming more prevalent these days. I have been using devices from different platforms for a while now and to me it's like having the best of all things. I think you will be okay; maybe you will find some things better on the HTC or vice versa on the BB. Enjoy.
    This is what i do, i have a tablet for gaming and browsing, reading etc... I use a different device (an old phone with no sim ) for streaming music at work, it stays there at work. Then my Q10 for communicating.. Looking at buying a nexus 7 actually.
    02-03-14 05:27 PM
    Trending thread on Android Central: Do you regret getting the HTC One? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Couldn't help but notice the timing.
    02-03-14 07:39 PM
    I got rid of my Z10 about six months ago and went to the HTC One. The One is a great phone, but after 10.2.1 came out on Verizon (I'm not a leak person) I thought I would give the Z10 another try. So far I'm very happy I went back to the Z10. The size is just better for me. The power button on the One kind of sucks. Swiping up to turn the Z10 on is so much better.

Also being able to run a couple key Android apps on the Z10 was a necessity for me, so I easily got those loaded on the Z10. I do miss the widgets and the crisp display on the One, but so far I'm very happy I switched back to the Z10. Blackbery really got it together on 10.2.1. Much improved over what I had six months ago.
    02-07-14 10:54 AM
    I have a Z10 and was recently given an HTC One for work.

Here are random thoughts on both

Z10:
    -I prefer the OS, can't get over the gestures, picture lock and how fast I accomplish things.
    - Removable battery and ability to use SD card is great.
    - Love HDMI out, mkhl is not as great as the monitor needs to support it.
    - Quick OS updates
    - Cascade apps look much better than any android app on BlackBerry or HTC.
    - File management and link personal cloud are amazing (when it works)
    - Hub + quick reply feature destroys the notification shade for me.
    - Browser, I find the chrome almost on par but find the formatting not as great or weird glitches sometimes. Also does not have Flash, bb10 truly is best in class browser.

HTC One:
    - Amazing hardware. Screen brightness blows z10 out I had to almost max z10 to feel better about the screen lol. The phone is slippery though so watch out.
    - Tons of customization, especially after loading a launcher since I disliked standard HTC sense.
    - Live wallpaper and i have weather on Loco screen.
    - swype keyboard really is just as good as flick or better depending on your style.
    - Camera takes unreal low light pictures. They do get grainy though if you zoom since I guess the mp is lower. Overall Z10 has truer colors but HTC looks nicer because they over saturate a little.
    - File management sucks and permissions for apps are a nightmare
    - unlimited apps no worries about "will this work" apps open much faster.
    - All apps seem to want to stay open constantly. Task killer is always fill even after just clearing.
    - Sound quality is great. Not as nice as z30 I hear however.
    - voice commands are quick and more accurate. Wolfram alpha update for z10 made it better but regardless I barely use this feature.

Overall I like the Z10 better but I can definitely appreciate android a little more now.

Anything specific let me know and I can check.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:18 PM
51 123