I just bought a best buy exclusive blue htc one on ebay for a great price that is stuck in a boot loop. I am pretty confident I can fix the boot loop and will then probably try to resell the htc one for a profit but i'm obviously going to play around with the htc one before I post it up for sale. I havent ever used anything other than BlackBerry. I love my z10 and q10 and currently think BlackBerry 10 is the best operating system for me as I use my phone almost exclusively for emails the size of small books and text messaging all day and night long (basing my opinion only on what I have read and seen on YouTube of windows phone, iPhone, and android). I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and supporter. I learned to develop apps because I love BlackBerry so much and somewhere inside I guess I am a little afraid I will like the htc one too much and it will lessen my love for BlackBerry. What do you all think the chances of this happening are? The phone comes in on Wednesday Feb 5th and I will report back but I guess I am looking for someone to ease my anxiety a little or tell me what you think is going to happen.

Look forward to your opinions and commentary
    Last edited by Benjamin Black; 02-02-14 at 12:30 AM.
    02-01-14 10:47 PM
    I'm thinking about this phone. Do share your experience. I want this phone for the multimedia part of the phone. Games, commutation apps. -lm thinking of getting itouch but price is close to the HTC One so I might as well get another phone.
    How about battery life?

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.1.537
    02-01-14 10:52 PM
    No. But it might affect it.. just kidding

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 11:21 PM
    No. But it might affect it.. just kidding

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    ****! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:28 PM
    Yeah it might, and then Z30 might too

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-01-14 11:31 PM
    Let's be honest with ourselves here. It will. The HTC One is a great phone. The quad core processor and HTC Sense ain't bad.

I would probably take it over my Z10. I don't know about a Z30 but you'll notice a speed difference. You'll also notice it being faster because the apps are native to the android experience.
    02-02-14 12:37 AM
    HTC One is an awesome device... whether or not it'll affect your opinion depends on your thoughts about Android as a whole. I love my HTC One and use it often in conjunction with my Z30 but for me personally, I always end up getting bored after a while and tossing it aside and coming back to it later.
    brian4591 and bungaboy like this.
    02-02-14 12:43 AM
    HTC One is an awesome device... whether or not it'll affect your opinion depends on your thoughts about Android as a whole. I love my HTC One and use it often in conjunction with my Z30 but for me personally, I always end up getting bored after a while and tossing it aside and coming back to it later.
    So the z30 doesn't bore you although the htc one does? What is it about the z30?

I only ask because my original plan was to sell the htc one after fixing the bootloop so that I could use the money to purchase a z30, being on att, I have never seen a z30 in person.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 01:58 AM
    I don't care how awesome a device is, I'm never gonna have another snoopy Google phone again. I chose BlackBerry to get away from.google. Heck maybe I don't require much in a phone. I can get online, I can run a few medical apps and check my email. To top.it all off, the blackberry is my first ever and it is the best communication device I've ever owned. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:49 AM
    So the z30 doesn't bore you although the htc one does? What is it about the z30?

I only ask because my original plan was to sell the htc one after fixing the bootloop so that I could use the money to purchase a z30, being on att, I have never seen a z30 in person.

Posted via CB10
    All devices bore me eventually, it's why I have like 10 of them kicking around lol.

You can only have so many Android devices.
    You can only have so many BlackBerry 10 devices.
    You can only have so many iOS devices.
    You can only have so many WP devices.

Eventually you realize 'BlackBerry is BlackBerry', 'Android is Android' and so on and so on. The only difference is the styles the phones come in. The Z30 manages to keep my interest because it has the best battery life out of all the phones I have here plus, the OS is still fresh, new and changing with new leak/update.
    jpvj, jakie55, xBURK and 4 others like this.
    02-02-14 02:59 AM
    Right, I get your point but I haven't ever tried any platform other than bbos and bb10. So what I am concerned about is really more about Android as implemented on the htc one vs bb10 as implemented on the z10.

Let me ask you this, if you could only keep one: z30 or htc one?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:51 AM
    In my opinion BlackBerry 10 provides a better user experience than Android.

It is not all about how many cores or processing power. BlackBerry OS 10 runs fast and smoothly, and makes a much better use of the available hardware.

And if we talk about security, the debate is over.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:21 AM
    Hope you can get the One out of its boot loop, should be pretty easy as long as they didn't fudge with the loader. The One is the only android I'd ever consider carrying as a daily driver. But even that is a stretch

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:43 AM
    My 2 cents worth...
    If you listen to music without headphones, you'll love the HTC One speakers. They made me jealous, until I picked up the Z30. The HTC may have a bit better low range, but I find the Z30 clearer. As for the rest? Try out the HTC One, by all means. It's a dandy device. But, I bet you'll be missing the Hub fairly soon.
    02-02-14 11:43 AM
    I've used a lot of phones over the years and the HTC One was a great phone. Premium build quality, great sounding speakers, never had any software issues at all. I'd say it was the best Android phone I've ever used but it doesn't compare to my Z30. I haven't used my HTC One in a few months and I don't miss it at all.

For my needs the Z30 does what I need to do best and the battery life is great. I'm not a big app person at all so that's probably a big part of it. I use my phone for calling, messaging and information gathering online or through a few apps that are readily available on BlackBerry World. Anytime I need an app that isn't available in BlackBerry World I just load Snap and get what I need.

Anyways good luck with your HTC One experience and definitely let us know what you discover, both good and bad, about the HTC One.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:07 PM
    You will enjoy it. It will change your opinion on Android because now you will have tried one of the best Android devices out there. But like Bla1ze said. BlackBerry is BlackBerry. Android is android etc. Whether you like the Android more or not there will always be things you like or don't like from each platform. Enjoy it. Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:27 PM
    I'm astounded by the very level responses in this thread. I was expecting to see

"HTC One sux. Android is stupid."

Anyways you'll find the HTC One to be much nicer in terms of construction. Critics raved about the build quality because frankly, the HTC One and the iPhones are top of that category.

As someone else said, you'll find the HTC One to have WAY better external speakers. Their speakers are front facing and stereo.

You'll also find the screen to be nicer on the HTC One, BUT it's hard to tell the difference unless you're viewing them side by side since the Z10 does have a fairly high definition screen.

You'll love the fact that Android has all those apps that are easy to install and how well it integrates with Google services (if you use Google services).

You'll find that the HTC One camera does much better in low light (though in good lighting conditions the Z10 is probably better due to higher megapixel count).

You'll very likely get annoyed by the fact that you can't swap batteries.

You get annoyed by the fact you can't swap mSD cards.

You'll think that the window shade isn't nearly as convenient as Hub.

You'll despise the multitasking if you're a big time multitasker on the Z10.

Some people say you'll hate losing the Blackberry keyboard but I'll have to disagree. Swiftkey (tho it does cost $1 I think) works pretty much as well AND it doesn't have the problem I'm running into now with the Blackberry keyboard where it's constantly auto correcting correct words.

Blackberry keyboard will change things like "I'm kind of sick" to "I'm kind if sick". Or once I typed "I'm going now" and it changed it to "I'm going jow". I've never had that problem with Swiftkey. The BB keyboard is fantastic but over time it starts to correct words too aggressively.

In the end, it all depends on what matters to you. Both are nice devices. I'm with my Z10 because multitasking is important to me.
    02-02-14 12:43 PM
    O.P. I actually would like to hear your thoughts on the device. Other than lag issues, I've heard some good things about it.
    I always want people to try the bB10 experience. It would be stupid for me not to do the same with other experiences out there.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:51 PM
    I had the HTC one for a whole month before giving it to my daughter and going back to myZ10. I've since got a Q10 and using it now.

The HTC One is a great phone. But I love the hub too much to do without it.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:53 PM
    I am using m BB Z10 and loving it. I have had pretty much all of the operating systems but IOS and am really loving OS 10 since I got 10.2.1. It seems to me that Andriod has a lot of trouble running well without really high performance processors that use a lot of battery, so they tend to stutter and kill their batteres (last android Atrix HD). I have a Windows Mobile phone (HTC 8X) that I really like, better than the android. However, after I got my Blackberry, I have found that everytime I try to switch back to either of my other phones I miss the way that the Berry works, and the battery life also. Just my 2 cents worth, but I really feel that if BB keeps up the work on their operating system they should be able to compete with anyone,
    02-02-14 01:03 PM
    I am using m BB Z10 and loving it. I have had pretty much all of the operating systems but IOS and am really loving OS 10 since I got 10.2.1. It seems to me that Andriod has a lot of trouble running well without really high performance processors that use a lot of battery, so they tend to stutter and kill their batteres (last android Atrix HD). I have a Windows Mobile phone (HTC 8X) that I really like, better than the android. However, after I got my Blackberry, I have found that everytime I try to switch back to either of my other phones I miss the way that the Berry works, and the battery life also. Just my 2 cents worth, but I really feel that if BB keeps up the work on their operating system they should be able to compete with anyone,
    Yeah battery life is so much better on BlackBerry. Especially the Q10

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:18 PM
    Knowledge is always good, fix it, use it without fear, then you will know the strength and weaknesses of your phone and the other one too. Then you can talk with authority about them.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    angieberry10 likes this.
    02-02-14 02:52 PM
    Probably! Using any new device will most likely affect your opinion of your previous device, and vice versa.

Enjoy your HTC One!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:54 PM
    Just remember your BB10 gestures are no good on android, lol. Common user error I have using android.

I like BlackBerry and iOS, but i have to admit HTC One has been tempting to me. Interested to see your take on it.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-14 03:34 PM
    It's a good idea to try Android if you have never had anything but a BlackBerry. I'd say commit to the One for at least a month. It only took me a week or two with the Z10 to decide definitively that it was far better for my needs than Android, but you may find the opposite. I doubt it, but you might.

Just give it a month though, no matter how much you pine for your "Berry Flow." Give it a fair shot. If I were a betting man, I'd guess you'll ditch the One for a Z30 after a month... but you might like it. Enjoy your experiment.

If you've always used BlackBerry because you text a lot, just don't get your hopes up for Android keyboards. I think you'll find SwiftKey disappointing. I used to think it's good -- and it is for Android -- but a long time BlackBerry user is not likely to be impressed. It's very cumbersome to always have to look at the top of the keyboard. I've never lost a race with a SwiftKey or Swype user.
    xBURK likes this.
    02-02-14 03:41 PM
51 123