Hi all. I just got a BB Z10. Its a good phone till now. There's a big problem that I'm having. Okay so I was texting my girlfriend by inputting her number and done. The message got sent. Tick tock, tick tok, No reply. I messaged again, NO REPLY. I got worried and sent her like 3,4 messages. And the weird thing was that I was able to send messages and recieve messages on my friend whose number was saved in my sim card. I saved my girlfriends number and TADA! I started getting her messages. She got all of my messages but I wasn't getting any of hers. I tried it with my mothers numbers and same results. If the contact is saved in my phone, the messages are received otherwise I don't get them at all.

I'm a long term iOS user and don't know anything about BlackBerry. Is there any setting or something that I need to turn on/off or something?
    11-19-13 11:15 AM
    Not sure if it is related: There is a known issue with people who have switched from iPhone to a non-Apple phone and neglects to turn off the iMessage service — which routes text messages through Apple's servers instead of the carrier's SMS network — then that person will no longer get texts from other iPhones.
    11-19-13 11:24 AM
    There is a setting for rejecting Anonymous Messages.... but I would not think you would have to have them saved on you SIM CARD. Look in the setting within the text application....
    11-19-13 11:26 AM
    That is the weirdest bug I've heard of but definitely never experienced that.
    What OS version or you on?
    You can check this 2 ways type myver followed by a space and this will show your device version and your OS version.
    Or you can go to your settings, then about then change category to OS and see what software release and OS version you are running

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-19-13 11:29 AM
    There is a setting for rejecting Anonymous Messages.... but I would not think you would have to have them saved on you SIM CARD. Look in the setting within the text application....
    I've seen that for mms but not for sms/simple txt.

But OP that definitely might be a suggestion worth trying.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-19-13 11:31 AM
    Get your iPhone and go to settings then messages and turn off Imessage.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:40 AM
    Hi all. I just got a BB Z10. Its a good phone till now. There's a big problem that I'm having. Okay so I was texting my girlfriend by inputting her number and done. The message got sent. Tick tock, tick tok, No reply. I messaged again, NO REPLY. I got worried and sent her like 3,4 messages. And the weird thing was that I was able to send messages and recieve messages on my friend whose number was saved in my sim card. I saved my girlfriends number and TADA! I started getting her messages. She got all of my messages but I wasn't getting any of hers. I tried it with my mothers numbers and same results. If the contact is saved in my phone, the messages are received otherwise I don't get them at all.

I'm a long term iOS user and don't know anything about BlackBerry. Is there any setting or something that I need to turn on/off or something?
    I've been using a Z10 for a few months now... have not got this problem at all and I have not done any setting changes for SMS and I have no phone numbers saved on my SIM card. Have not had any problems receiving or sending to phone numbers that are not registered on my phone nor sim card. Do also try to call your service provider, perhaps they can send you a file or a service book that will automatically resolve this problem by just a re-start of your phone upon receiving this file.
    11-19-13 11:40 AM
    Model: BlackBerry Z10
    Software Release: 10.0.9.348
    Any help?
    11-19-13 11:42 AM
    I did not turn on iMessage at all.
    11-19-13 11:43 AM
    Any help?
    Wow ur os is really old look for software update in the settings

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:45 AM
    Any help?
    That's like, what, the version the Z10 launched with? Update your phone. It might fix the problem, and there are a bunch of new features besides that you're missing out on.

Alternatively, think about installing the leaked OS v10.2.1.1055. One new feature is the ability to install most Android applications over the air. There will be minor and in some cases bigger bugs, so this is not for everyone.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Last edited by chaz95; 11-19-13 at 12:24 PM.
    11-19-13 11:49 AM
    Wow ur os is really old look for software update in the settings

Posted via CB10

There is an update of OS 10.2.0.424 of about 2GB. Should I download & install?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-19-13 11:50 AM
    That's like, what, the version the Z10 launched with? Update your phone. It might fix the problem, and there are a bunch of new features besides that you're missing out on.

Alternatively, think about installing the leaked OS v10.2.1.1055. One new feature is the ability to install most Android applications over the air.

Can you please tell me about the leaked OS's? I have no idea about them as I just bought the phone today.
    11-19-13 11:51 AM
    Just install the upgrade. Don't worry about leaks until you are comfortable with the phone.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz, m1kr0, kbz1960 and 7 others like this.
    11-19-13 11:53 AM
    Can you please tell me about the leaked OS's? I have no idea about them as I just bought the phone today.
    A leaked OS is a OS version that hasn't been officially released yet and might not. Some contain bugs some do not. It is also hit and miss some people have problems with an OS while someone else running the same one will not. If you are not a techy person and just want to do normal updates just stick with a normal OS update from you carrier. But if you like to test out new things that are not official and you don't mind a few bugs then a leak is the way to go.

Since you are new to blackberry and currently just want you phone to work just do the update that it says is available and maybe later on try a leak. Just my opinion.
    11-19-13 11:57 AM
    Yes

AT&T Z10 Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    imcurved and Anilu7 like this.
    11-19-13 11:58 AM
    Is there any setting or something that I need to turn on/off or something?
    I understand your issue with texts not being received when the other person is not saved in your contacts.
    I have not experienced this issue, but I'm sure it may be an issue for you.
    Try rebooting your device first, if it doesn't work, try to wipe and reload.

However, I am just wondering what is the problem with adding these people to your contacts? Sorted...
    Obviously these are people you know very well such as a girlfriend, friend, Mother, etc...
    You appear to know these people well enough to know their phone numbers by heart.
    Unlike me who says... "Ummm" before I can remember my own number to give to someone.

I don't see a big issue with just adding them as you communicate with each person.
    I believe it will save you a lot of headaches that you don't really need.

HTH
    11-19-13 12:01 PM
    Alright people. I will get back here after the update
    Anilu7 and loyalIND like this.
    11-19-13 12:02 PM
    Def. Yes
    11-19-13 12:05 PM
    Yes please. Do it as urgently as possible. Most of your problems will be addressed by this, if not all. Worry about installing leaked software later, get the official on it first. Good luck.
    11-19-13 12:08 PM
    Is she a iPhone user? Her phone sends the message to iMessage and not text.
    11-19-13 12:13 PM
    I did not turn on iMessage at all.
    I had an iPhone as well and if you don't turn off the iMessages on the iPhone, the messages will continue to show up on your iPhone when it is connected to wi-fi, if the other person is using an iPhone as well. Is your girlfriend using an iPhone?

I had this happen to me when I switched to my Q10, that I didn't turn off the iMessage feature and when I was sitting at home, my iPhone would get the iChat messages, but I could send them a SMS.
    bilzomaniac likes this.
    11-19-13 12:15 PM
    First of all NO ONE should tell a newbie to install a leak OS, its like a kid turn 16 never driven or used a car and parents buy him a Ferrari, what do you think will happen?.
    I've been here for a number of years and have a Z10, haven't install any leaks as yet until I feel comfortable to install it which will be this weekend.
    11-19-13 12:20 PM
    First of all NO ONE should tell a newbie to install a leak OS, its like a kid turn 16 never driven or used a car and parents buy him a Ferrari, what do you think will happen?.
    I've been here for a number of years and have a Z10, haven't install any leaks as yet until I feel comfortable to install it which will be this weekend.
    That's why I noted that it doesn't always for for everybody. You don't know how experienced people are with tech. Who knows, they may've been jailbreaking iPhones for years? In which case it wouldn't be a problem.

Haseeb Rehman likes this.
    11-19-13 12:23 PM
    Well this might seem like a strange suggestion, but....

Check in Settings->Security and Privacy->Parental Controls and make sure it is turned off, or if it is turned on, uncheck the box where it says 'Text messages from contacts only'.
    11-19-13 12:28 PM
59 123