Just letting people know the following:

I know a few people that have a Z10 most are unlocked imported units using stl100/1 and stl100/3 usually running either 10.1.0.4181 or 10.2.1.424 who want the 1925

I spoke to my contact at digicel/blackberry and he tells me that 1925 will only be "pushed" to Digicel handsets and that owners of imported units will have to go to Kingston (our nation's capitol- I am in Montego-Bay 3hrs drive away) office to see if they can get it AND it has to be done via USB - I have given him my email and he is sending me a link for the10.2.1.1925. He says it is a 2Gig file.

With the following caveat, do a back up first, and it is only recommended for STL100/1 units.
    Apparently once the file is downloaded you plug your phone in and it does the rest, I am unfamiliar with side loading, and such etc and am just repeating what he has told me, I will then give the link to other Z10 users here with the caveat of course.

Regards David

Z10 / 10.2.1.537
    01-09-14 09:14 AM
    That's s whole full load of &%. As if the government would really be bothered with this.

David, when the OS is available, it will be up to carriers to decide when to push it. Some do it pronto, some over test, some forget there was an update.

To get the update, once it's release, a user can:

• Put a SIM card from a carrier that has the update (device being supported by that carrier, that is);
    • Use Sachesi to grab the OS directly from the carrier's servers;
    • Use BB Link - there is a chance it will notice the update and allow you to install even if your carrier didn't push it

Now, I don't know which model you guys have there (I'm guessing STL-100-1?). So STL-100-2/3/4 imports are not supported by your carrier and probably won't get the update. Probably. That only means they can use any of the methods I listed in order to make the jump to 10.2.1.

PS: It's 10.2.0.424 is it not?
    Chriz likes this.
    01-09-14 09:24 AM
    why the import can't push the update?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:25 AM
    Because the carriers whitelist the specific MODELS they sell.

If you look for an update on T-Mobile US you need to look at STL100-3, because that's what they sell. If you have an STL100-2, you won't get the update even though the phone will work at some level with their network.

The same thing is true here; if you have a different model subtype the update won't come through OTA.
    01-09-14 10:01 AM
    Because the carriers whitelist the specific MODELS they sell.

The same thing is true here; if you have a different model subtype the update won't come through OTA.
    what if using BlackBerry link?
    still can't?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:05 AM
    what if using BlackBerry link?
    still can't?

Posted via CB10
    It does not matter if you update via Link or OTA -- you're still identified as to the carrier you're on (the SIM is read.) This is why you can put a SIM from a different carrier in the phone (if the phone is unlocked) and get a later firmware release.

"Current" firmware is determined by a given MCC/MNC and model. Sachesi allows you to key that in manually; it uses the same mechanism the phone uses internally.

If your carrier does not sell a STL100-2 or -3, and you look up firmware for it on that carrier you will get whatever the default is (which is going to be materially older, in most cases, than the carrier-sold version.) The same is true if you look up for an STL100-1 on a US carrier (since they're not sold here.)
    Uzi likes this.
    01-09-14 11:20 AM