I never thought I would ever say this but it just took one full week and I never want to go back to the physical key board again. I'm super fast on the Z10 way faster than I was on my curve.

The real test is when I was using my wife's Bold today. OMG...mm I could not believe how slow and how many mistakes I was making.

To all those still waiting to get one truly give it one week and you too shall be converted..I guarantee it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:14 AM
    Took me just a day or so to get used to typing on a virtual keyboard. Sooooo incredibly Easy. The best virtual keyboard out there. Hands down!!! I don't look at the keys when I type. Love the correction as well as the keyboards ability to learn the words you are going to say next. Awesome!!! I definitely give them an A+++

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-24-13 12:30 AM
    I sort of agree.

I like the z10 virtual keyboard BUT I find mistakes happen easier and the auto correct makes it sometimes harder to write as one develops lazy and bad habits.

This leads to situations where I type do so fast thinking it's correct only to look up 4 or 5 words layer only to say 'crap' there is a wrong or misspelled word; and we all know how much of a pain in the @ss it is to go back and correct with a touch screen. BlackBerry needs to fix how we can select errors more efficiently. The current cursor control is pretty frustrating. What ever gains one gets from the auto correct is quickly eaten away with one wrong word.

Posted via CB10
    Marc_Paradise and gord888 like this.
    02-24-13 12:30 AM
    I feel like I NEED to reply to this thread.

Been using BlackBerry for as long as can remember with a few flirtations with windows mobile (moto q) and as much as I did love my q I have never been able to use a touchscreen keyboard. Got my z10 launch day and must say I am happy, wait beyond happy. Absolutely no problems transitioning from physical keyboard. I make countless mistake when using my I pad but have o ky experienced one or two actual mistake that haven't been fixed to exactly what I wanted on my z10. The keyboard and screen are amazing. A few things that need work but overall for a first gen peoduct I am more than happy.

To qualify I am writing this after the battle of Ontario, quite a few beers deep with no manual corrections

Posted via CB10
    meganVee, xxslxx and bb624 like this.
    02-24-13 12:33 AM
    I can't believe how fast I am on the z10. Coming from a 9900

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:47 AM
    I can't believe how fast I am on the z10. Coming from a 9900

Posted via CB10
    +1. It takes a few days to get into a groove with this keyboard, but I'm much faster on this than I was on my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-24-13 01:05 AM
    I also thought I would never say that, but I find the touchscreen keypad absolutely awesome and actually more fun to use than the physical one. It took me a few days to understand that on a virtual keyboard one types words instead of letters. One has to just let oneself go, not watch the screen too much until the space bar is hit.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:00 AM
    In the same boat.... I can flat out fly on my Z10, won't be going back to a qwerty.

BB worked some sort of voodoo magic on this keyboard, it's unreal!
    meganVee likes this.
    02-24-13 08:07 AM
    I'll chalk this one up in the "good news" dept!
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-24-13 08:11 AM
    Yeah it's more like talking with your thumbs than typing. I just do it without having to give it much thought. I've used my 9900 since just out of curiosity and it just seems like a lot of effort in comparison.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-24-13 08:14 AM
    I have to agree completely, especially when you consider the disaster keyboard that graced the BlackBerry Storm several years ago and the somewhat poor design of the keyboard on the Torch. I'm amazed at the ease of tying on the Z10. The speed and accuracy are beyond anything offered on any other device. I know iOs users love their keyboard and after years of using a physical keyboard this is quite simply the best.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:18 AM
    I came form a physical keyboard too. It's taken some getting used to Hut its growing on me. I have the clicking sounds on though . I don't know if that helps haha

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:25 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    yeah ... its very impressive and better with time!
    02-24-13 08:28 AM
    I can type almost as fast as I could on a qwerty and the predictive text is great and helps a lot. I'm staying with my Z10 however my next device may be a qwerty again, we'll see.

My only complaint with this touch screen keyboard is that I have to actually look at it to type. On the various Bolds I've had I could type without looking at the keypad at all.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-24-13 08:30 AM
    Using any other device, BlackBerry or not, feels like a step backwards for me. The Z10 keyboard has definitely converted me to touch screen (as long as it's BlackBerry of course).

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:33 AM
    I too am a former qwerty evangelist, now a full touch convert. I hated touch screens and virtual keyboards until my Z10 purchase.
    Now I have no intention of getting the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-24-13 08:38 AM
    Took me only a few minutes lol

Coming from virtual keyboards makes it easier, but you will get use to it np's.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-24-13 08:49 AM
    Now if only BlackBerry would invent mind reading phones. ;-)
    02-24-13 06:21 PM
    Now if only BlackBerry would invent mind reading phones. ;-)
    The BlackBerry Z10 provides voice command to dictate email and other functions.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    02-24-13 10:04 PM
    I'm surprised at how easy the transition's been. I was one of those guys that a couple years ago insisted on a hardware keyboard after trying to go virtual keyboard on the 9800 and eventually going back to the traditional for factor in the 9900. What a big difference the keyboard layout and optimized software make!

I'll admit I've lost some efficiently due to a few more typos (that auto correct doesn't catch), but the tradeoff for the utility offered by the bigger display is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 10:18 PM
    noteworthy is that is it likely from the BLACKBERRY touchscreen keyboard. You would not have the same positive experience with others as they are more cumbersome with predictions only on top row, or only auto correct.
    02-24-13 10:27 PM
    I find it Interesting how many people who swore they would never leave a keyboard have moved on to a touchscreen. That's great news. I haven't why had a chance to try the Z10, but after owning an iPhone 4 and 5, I am looking forward to returning to a keyboard.
    02-24-13 10:40 PM
    The BlackBerry Z10 provides voice command to dictate email and other functions.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    I know. But it's not mind reading ;-)
    02-25-13 07:46 AM
    noteworthy is that is it likely from the BLACKBERRY touchscreen keyboard. You would not have the same positive experience with others as they are more cumbersome with predictions only on top row, or only auto correct.
    I actually discovered I liked a touch keypad from using it on my 9810. When I jumped to the GS3, i wondered why I was so resistant.
    The S3 keyboard is awesome and I've read (from former S3 owners) the Z10 keypad is more user friendly. That's a pretty big statement!!!!
    I can't wait for the Z10 to drop on AT&T!!!!!!
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-25-13 09:56 AM
    I actually discovered I liked a touch keypad from using it on my 9810. When I jumped to the GS3, i wondered why I was so resistant.
    The S3 keyboard is awesome and I've read (from former S3 owners) the Z10 keypad is more user friendly. That's a pretty big statement!!!!
    I can't wait for the Z10 to drop on AT&T!!!!!!
    Even more user friendly than a physical keyboard imo.
    Drayk likes this.
    02-25-13 10:11 AM
33 12