I'll start by saying I have been a "long" time BB user now, sort of. First BB was a Storm, second was a 9900. Loved the Bold, and was getting very excited for the Z10. After hearing so many reviews of how incredible the virtual keyboard was I had myself sold on it very easily. Feb 5th rolled around and I made the trek to a local Bell store and bought the phone. I knew to expect a learning curve for the keyboard so first little while I wasn't too frustrated with it. Especially after reading countless times how well the phone itself would learn.

Now this brings me to now. And just my overall frustration with the auto correct and learned words. I hope I am not the only person who this happens to. Constantly now, countless times during the day even, I will be typing away, and will have managed to spell the word I wanted correctly. Press space bar and it changes it to something else. For example just now I tried to type "cooking." Press space bar and it changed it to "cooling." Let out a sigh, pressed space bar and changed it back to "cooking." And the one that bothers me the most, and it happens all the time, when ever I try to type "to," half the time it will auto correct to "go." And half the time I try to type "go," it auto corrects itself to "to." It drives me absolutely insane. And there are a few other examples of this, I just can't recall them at the time.

If anyone has any insight into this, any suggestions or tips, I would love you forever and always. Besides this one issue I have loved the phone.
    04-09-13 10:45 PM
    Go into Language and input, then automated assistance. You have a plethora of options to choose from. Choose the auto-complete function that works best for you.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-09-13 10:51 PM
    I'll start by saying I have been a "long" time BB user now, sort of. First BB was a Storm, second was a 9900. Loved the Bold, and was getting very excited for the Z10. After hearing so many reviews of how incredible the virtual keyboard was I had myself sold on it very easily. Feb 5th rolled around and I made the trek to a local Bell store and bought the phone. I knew to expect a learning curve for the keyboard so first little while I wasn't too frustrated with it. Especially after reading countless times how well the phone itself would learn.

Now this brings me to now. And just my overall frustration with the auto correct and learned words. I hope I am not the only person who this happens to. Constantly now, countless times during the day even, I will be typing away, and will have managed to spell the word I wanted correctly. Press space bar and it changes it to something else. For example just now I tried to type "cooking." Press space bar and it changed it to "cooling." Let out a sigh, pressed space bar and changed it back to "cooking." And the one that bothers me the most, and it happens all the time, when ever I try to type "to," half the time it will auto correct to "go." And half the time I try to type "go," it auto corrects itself to "to." It drives me absolutely insane. And there are a few other examples of this, I just can't recall them at the time.

If anyone has any insight into this, any suggestions or tips, I would love you forever and always. Besides this one issue I have loved the phone.
    Let me start with sarcasm..... saying you are a long time blackberry user and then stating the storm and 9900 is like me saying im a long time OKC thunder fan.... lol.... JK

anyways I have one gripe and that is my phone changing i to u.... i admit i can see your frustration as it does that to me as well.. what i have learned is it learns everything about you.. it learns how you talk and where and how you type.... a little hent for you is to pay attention when you type these two letter and other words that it changes.... you must learn to pay attention to the space bar and the word above it... the word above the spacebar is the word you typed as you typed it.. the word on the space bar is the word suggestion... the thing is, it figures since you didnt swipe the word as you typed that the word was incorrectly spelled or its not the word you were looking for so it attempts to figure it out ... you can adjust the frequency of correction or pay closer attention .. obviously the keyboard will get better over time with updates and personal adaptation... Best of luck to you !!!!
    billsterjito likes this.
    04-09-13 10:56 PM
    Well I have previously gone into the automated assistance options and tinkered around. Still remember having issues with the keyboard, but I will give it another go. Tried turning off Auto-Complete as well as "Use Learned Words." Think I might have previously only turned off one at a time before. Hopefully the combo will make everything work as I would hope.
    04-09-13 11:16 PM

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. My experience has been great so far with the virtual keyboard. Loving the Z10.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-09-13 11:17 PM

Did you deselect Enable Auto-Correction?
    04-09-13 11:20 PM
    Well I have previously gone into the automated assistance options and tinkered around. Still remember having issues with the keyboard, but I will give it another go. Tried turning off Auto-Complete as well as "Use Learned Words." Think I might have previously only turned off one at a time before. Hopefully the combo will make everything work as I would hope.
    Did you deselect enable auto-correction?
    04-09-13 11:20 PM
    Flick the spacebar up. The word you typed will be above it and the flick confirms it as the right choice. If you press the spacebar instead and another word choice is there it will choose the new word. This is actually a fantastic additional feature which gives you one last choice of a new word over what you have chosen.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-09-13 11:30 PM