I played Angry Birds for 15 minutes. My palm started getting hot as I could feel the battery cooking up. I closed the application and had nothing running, 40 minutes later I pick it up and it's STILL hot, and the battery looks way lower than what it should be, so I swipe down and hit settings, this little circle loading icon then starts and immediately gets stuck. I tried hitting power button, holding it down, plugging and unplugging a charger but it was stuck, couldn't swipe or nothing.

Had to pull battery out and leave it out for over a minute. Only time it's ever gotten so hot. I was playing Tetris before getting into Angry Birds but damn.... Had previously not had to battery pull or restart in 2 days.
    04-21-13 06:07 PM
    Actually, it is great for games... very smooth and great graphics. I have noticed that if I run four or five apps/games for an hour or so that the battery does get fairly warm. Not quite as hot as my old iphone but still not the best...

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and SDTRMG like this.
    04-21-13 06:18 PM
    I keep the iphone for games. The Z10 is for everyday use and business.

The game selection on the Z10 is poor and there is tons of free games on the iphone.

I love the Z10 and it pains me each time I have had get the iphone for games like castle age or underworld empire.

Never had my bat getting hot after gaming though.

Posted using my Z10.
    04-21-13 06:26 PM
    If your phone was getting that hot just playing Angry Birds, then you have a hardware issue. I play AB and it doesn't even get warm. There are other games out there that will make your phone heat up, but they are fairly graphically intensive and high FLOPS games...also expected to make your phone heat up.
    I don't have much in the way of games on my Z10, but I haven't seen issue one with any of them. In fact, it's one of the better phones out there for gaming IMHO.
    brmiller1976 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-21-13 06:26 PM
    It's weird because I've played Angry Birds before without even noticing heat, but this was the longest session (and a short one relatively).

It just seems like the phone inconsistently behaves. A few days ago when I was at 20% battery or less, the phone proximity sensor kept acting up and my phone would stay black even with my head really far from the device. Battery pull->reboot and lo and behold it didn't happen again, even when dipping to low battery.

Sometimes one thing seems to trigger the need for a restart or pull, another day that same thing you did doesn't. Feels more like the experience you get with a fussy, buggy PC than what I'm used to with a smartphone. FFS if Angry Birds and literally nothing else causes the phone to basically freeze then I'm so scared of what will happen after a year of usage.

Every day is like a freaking box of chocolates with this phone already. Never know what you're gonna get.
    04-21-13 06:30 PM
    I played Angry Birds for 15 minutes. My palm started getting hot as I could feel the battery cooking up. I closed the application and had nothing running, 40 minutes later I pick it up and it's STILL hot, and the battery looks way lower than what it should be, so I swipe down and hit settings, this little circle loading icon then starts and immediately gets stuck. I tried hitting power button, holding it down, plugging and unplugging a charger but it was stuck, couldn't swipe or nothing.

Had to pull battery out and leave it out for over a minute. Only time it's ever gotten so hot. I was playing Tetris before getting into Angry Birds but damn.... Had previously not had to battery pull or restart in 2 days.
    I sit and play angry birds for longer and never have that problem, I only get that problem when playing nova 3.

But go turn on any computer or console, play a 3d graphic intents game and they will all get hot. My 2012 MBP gets hot running apples final cut pro video editing software.

Most electronics get hot, tvs, dvd players, stereos, hard drives you name it. That's why bigger electronics come with built in or add on fans.

My iphone 5 used to get hot playing shadow guns(which needs to come to bb10).

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:56 PM
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 04-21-13 at 07:15 PM.
    04-21-13 06:57 PM
    Get a case you not feel the power the Z10 has over other devices.

Other devices are thicker in some phones that is, but my galaxy s3 when I had would heat up like a son of a gun so I got a case for it and never felt it again.
    04-21-13 06:58 PM
    It's good for gaming
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-21-13 07:01 PM
    I play the Dark Knight and it doesn't burn my hand. It gets warm but that is what all phones do when they work really hard. Draws like 3 watts. What do you expect?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-21-13 07:06 PM
    I guess my issue is not so much that it became "hot", but that it basically remained hot while idle for an hour and that when I attempted to check the remaining battery a loading icon started and the phone became inoperable requiring a battery pull.

I already know from judging this phones consistency that I'll play again, get mildly hot, and have no issues.

It's tough to predict what this SOB will do next.
    04-21-13 07:06 PM
    That does sound kike it would be more the problem, if and when mine gets warm it usually cools down quite quickly after gaming.
    04-21-13 07:14 PM
    That is unusual to me. Mine only gets warm when I play Angry Birds and cools back down fast.

Now Oregon Trail cooked my phone. I deleted it in the end.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-21-13 07:18 PM
    It's a good phone for games

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:25 PM