Anyone else having issues removing voice mail notification in the Hub?

On Rogers

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:06 PM
    Me too. On Rogers as well. Not sure why this is happening.
    03-10-13 10:51 PM
    Did you call your voicemail and listen to it? Because that seems to be the only way to "remove" the notification.

On rogers as well soon as i listen to my voicemail its gone
    03-10-13 10:54 PM
    I had that same problem until the update then it disappeared. With Bell
    03-10-13 10:56 PM
    No Voice mail in the mailbox and the icon is still there. Reset the hub and rebooted by battery pull etc and no change.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:00 PM
    Had the same issue before the update, disappeared for a week and back again. Solavei in the US.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 05:02 PM
    Same here. Frick' in irritating. This phone is startling to get on my nerves...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:12 PM
    Hey guys I have a potential fix.

Go to "phone" (where you can dial)
    Swipe down from top of screen, click settings (button appears on top right after swipe down)
    Click visual voice mail

It may say "your provider blah blah " click OK, once you see the screen with your visual voice mail settings, your notification should disappear

If this works for you, please spread the word
    03-15-13 07:26 PM
    Tried what you said but it is NOT working. There is no "Visual Voice Mail" command, just "Voice Mail" in 'Settings'... and it doesn't say "your provider blah blah" and there is no place to click 'OK'.
    03-19-13 11:41 AM
    Guess you have a different os version. I have tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:13 PM
    I dont have this issue, but I also dont have those settings either.
    03-19-13 12:20 PM
    Issues with removing voicemail notification-img_00000029.png
    Issues with removing voicemail notification-img_00000027.png
    Issues with removing voicemail notification-img_00000028.png

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:52 PM
    Hope that helps.

Wow I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:54 PM
    I was having the same problem. Originally it would erase the random notification once a new voice mail came in and was deleted, that stopped working so I wiped the phone and reloaded and it hasn't done it since.

Posted via CB10

Also, visual voice mail won't show in my settings because Telus doesn't support it
    03-19-13 01:01 PM
    I was having the same problem. Originally it would erase the random notification once a new voice mail came in and was deleted, that stopped working so I wiped the phone and reloaded and it hasn't done it since.

Posted via CB10

Also, visual voice mail won't show in my settings because Telus doesn't support it
    Did you wipe from phone or blackberry link? And reloaded you mean you reinstalled the os or you simply did a factory reset?

My phone battery isn't as amazing as some people proclaim to be and I am not a heavy user so I feel mine should be exceptional but I think I should of factory reset when I got the phone and didn't. I heard some phones brick when you factory reset through the phone instead of link which is why I ask.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 01:07 PM
    Did you wipe from phone or blackberry link? And reloaded you mean you reinstalled the os or you simply did a factory reset?

My phone battery isn't as amazing as some people proclaim to be and I am not a heavy user so I feel mine should be exceptional but I think I should of factory reset when I got the phone and didn't. I heard some phones brick when you factory reset through the phone instead of link which is why I ask.

Posted via CB10
    I did both actually. I'm not too sure which one completely cleans the phone better. With the 9900 it was easy, but I don't think the Z10 really needs to go through all that. But after a new os and a couple small ones until I figured out not to erase the bloatware, my phone was starting to act up, just like my PlayBook does. Security wipe always does the trick. Probably what you need to do as well considering my battery life basically doubled after the first os upgrade

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:09 PM
    Go to the BlackBerry Settings and Activate Visual Voice mail. This did remove the notification icon for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:40 PM
    Crap, this just happened to me today too.

Annoying as he'll.

Thought it was an issue with just my phone but good to see I'm not the only one
    03-19-13 09:28 PM
    I've had this issue with Telus, had been in contact with BlackBerry to try and come with a solution. So far no luck but hopefully they're aware it's happening with multiple carriers and not just the one. Call your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:50 PM
    I've had this issue with Telus, had been in contact with BlackBerry to try and come with a solution. So far no luck but hopefully they're aware it's happening with multiple carriers and not just the one. Call your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Just do a backup with link (double check that your backup is saved in the folder, sometimes it says complete but doesn't actually save the file!), wipe the phone do a full restore and everything will be just as it was before you wiped. 20 min job. I haven't had the problem since.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:32 PM
    Just do a backup with link (double check that your backup is saved in the folder, sometimes it says complete but doesn't actually save the file!), wipe the phone do a full restore and everything will be just as it was before you wiped. 20 min job. I haven't had the problem since.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I did a factory reset and do notice battery improvements already!! Maybe I should try to wipe through BlackBerry Link and see how much that improves. Also noticed my BIS icon disappeared and I don't even have the service but I had the icon until I factory reset!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:30 PM
    Ok I did a factory reset and do notice battery improvements already!! Maybe I should try to wipe through BlackBerry Link and see how much that improves. Also noticed my BIS icon disappeared and I don't even have the service but I had the icon until I factory reset!

Posted via CB10
    My BIS icon would come and go on the previous os. Now it's constantly there, but it should be

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 03:34 PM
    My BIS icon would come and go on the previous os. Now it's constantly there, but it should be

Posted via CB10
    Lol your comment is going to confuse those already confused. If you don't need BIS why does the icon still need to exist :O
    03-20-13 09:00 PM
    Lol your comment is going to confuse those already confused. If you don't need BIS why does the icon still need to exist :O
    That I'm guessing is a random bug

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:28 PM
    That I'm guessing is a random bug

Posted via CB10
    I reset through bblink. Hopefully I see improvements.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 11:08 AM
27 12