Firstly I'd like so say I'm not one of those people that's looking for small little problems to bash blackberry and threaten to return it for an android or iphone.
    That being said, I did find some problems with the phone. Nothing major, just thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else is experience these issues.
    1) I don't know if im crazy or the "Sound" for Whatsapp changes on its own. I made it silent and just have the flashing light but then randomly after a couple days I'll notice it make a noise when a message is received.

2) I use the hub for everything. BBM is never open, etc. Let's say I'm having a conversation with someone at around 11:55 pm, and it continues on past midnight. Almost always, when I return to the hub, it shows the top as being everything up until the day before. I have to scroll up to view what's happening. Usually by about 1 or 2 am it figures it out.

3) Battery Issue. Almost every morning when I wake up, after my phone charging for roughly 7-12 hours, it says it's at 95%.
    I have 2 batteries and I haven't narrowed it down if it's just the same battery that does that or not. I'm thinking that means there is a defect in the battery and I should be able to get it replaced?

4) This one is probably my biggest issue. Occasionally ill go pick up my phone, swipe up to open it, and nothing will happen. I'll try the lock button, and swiping multiple times, push every button, all that. The only way to get a response from my phone is to hold down the lock button, then it shows the option to restart, turn off, or cancel. I tried canceling but it goes back to the black screen. So I'm forced to restart. It's not always the biggest deal but you can imagine there's times when you don't want to be waiting for your phone to reboot. Also that shouldn't be a normal thing.
    These things may be fixed in 10.1 but I'm waiting for a carrier release.
    Again, I'm not looking for problems with the phone, these are just things I've noticed since having my phone since roughly a week after the Canadian launch.
    Any info or help is very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:42 AM
    Welcome to CB! I definitely don't think you're trolling. Those issues definitely aren't typical, except for the battery issue. The same thing happens with mine. It very rarely shows that it's fully charged, even though I think it is. I think something may be up with the indicator calibration.

Regarding the swipe to unlock, would you consider turning that gesture off? That way you'd just be unlocking using the power button and then swipe. Not sure if that'll be a fix, but it's worth a shot.

Are you still within the time frame for an even exchange from your carrier?
    05-11-13 10:04 AM
    Flog Gnaw, pertaining to the battery, did you discharge it to 0 percent, then rape it with some streaming video to completely discharge it, then turn it back on and allow a full charge? That alleviated my issue.
    05-11-13 10:05 AM
    Flog Gnaw, pertaining to the battery, did you discharge it to 0 percent, then rape it with some streaming video to completely discharge it, then turn it back on and allow a full charge? That alleviated my issue.
    ^^^^
    05-11-13 10:07 AM
    With regards to Item 1, there seems to be something wrong with the Notifications function in Z10. There are threads on that, where some people have experienced similar problems. I don't have Whatsapp, but the notifications setting for some of my apps (including CB10) gets reset automatically. This happens quite regularly. I am hoping BB fixes that in the next release.

Posted via Z10
    LadyOfTheLAN likes this.
    05-11-13 10:12 AM
    Thank you
    I've seen some posts hating on the phone that obviously just overlooked by most.

It's set so I can push the lock button then swipe up or just swipe up so even if the swipe was disabled it would still have the unlocking problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:13 AM
    I had a feeling it wasn't 100% so I check through settings> hardware and find the percentage sitting at 95%.
    Looking at it this morning it says 100% but I switched batteries yesterday I beleive so it may be the other one with a problem.
    So you guys are saying to completely kill the battery, then charge it up?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:17 AM
    With regards to Item 1, there seems to be something wrong with the Notifications function in Z10. There are threads on that, where some people have experienced similar problems. I don't have Whatsapp, but the notifications setting for some of my apps (including CB10) gets reset automatically. This happens quite regularly. I am hoping BB fixes that in the next release.

Posted via Z10
    Yeah CB 10 was the other one that reset automatically. I'd be sitting in class then refreshed CB and the noise would go off lol.
    Well that's good to hear. Wasn't sure if it was a glitch or me just being crazy

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:19 AM
    I have a temporary fix for your 4th problem. Occasionally my phone will have a black screen which is unresponsive. Try holding the mute button (between the up and down volume keys) which will activate voice control. Normally it will bring u to the activate frame screen in which indicates that an app was stuck or frozen. Let me know if it works for you!

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    05-11-13 10:20 AM
    CB10 app notification resets from silent to on regularly for me. Not really a pain for me.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:24 AM
    For the people talking about the CB10 app. Just swipe down in the app and go to settings and set the refresh interval to Manuel also disable notifications to "forums". This was an easy fix for the annoying notification I would get every time opening the app. Also it's a great battery saver!!! Let me know if it works for you guys

Posted via CB10
    grover5 and 1raygin like this.
    05-11-13 10:24 AM
    I have a temporary fix for your 4th problem. Occasionally my phone will have a black screen which is unresponsive. Try holding the mute button (between the up and down volume keys) which will activate voice control. Normally it will bring u to the activate frame screen in which indicates that an app was stuck or frozen. Let me know if it works for you!

Posted via CB10
    It tends to only happen at inconvenient times but next time I for sure will, thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:25 AM
    I had a feeling it wasn't 100% so I check through settings> hardware and find the percentage sitting at 95%.
    Looking at it this morning it says 100% but I switched batteries yesterday I beleive so it may be the other one with a problem.

Posted via CB10
    This is just how the charger works with lithium ion cells

It charges to 100% stops charging and lets it trickle down to 90%. Then back up to 100% etc etc
    They do this to extend the life of the battery and make sure it doesn't get "puffy"
    Dzyen likes this.
    05-11-13 10:31 AM
    "set the refresh interval to Manuel"

Posted via CB10
    Sort of creepy to think there's a little man in my phone
    xweb10 likes this.
    05-11-13 10:48 AM
    "4) This one is probably my biggest issue. Occasionally ill go pick up my phone, swipe up to open it, and nothing will happen. I'll try the lock button, and swiping multiple times, push every button, all that. The only way to get a response from my phone is to hold down the lock button, then it shows the option to restart, turn off, or cancel. I tried canceling but it goes back to the black screen. So I'm forced to restart. It's not always the biggest deal but you can imagine there's times when you don't want to be waiting for your phone to reboot. Also that shouldn't be a normal thing.
    These things may be fixed in 10.1 but I'm waiting for a carrier release. "

I've gone through 3 OS upgrades (1st ota, plus the last 2 10.1x leaks) and my phone still reboots randomly and I, too discover it mysteriously "just dead" from time to time. Like you, I can only hope these things will be fixed in a carrier release. What else...?
    05-11-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is correct. Batteries need to be calibrated every few months if you want the meter to be more accurate. More info can be found here:
    Battery Calibration – Battery University
    05-11-13 11:01 AM
    1) I have this issue too. It seems that the apps will reset the notification settings from time to time. You have to keep going into notification and turning them off again. Particularly, when you download an update for any app, the sound notification ALWAYS gets reset to on

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 11:17 AM
    Firstly I'd like so say I'm not one of those people that's looking for small little problems to bash blackberry and threaten to return it for an android or iphone.
    That being said, I did find some problems with the phone. Nothing major, just thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else is experience these issues.
    1) I don't know if im crazy or the "Sound" for Whatsapp changes on its own. I made it silent and just have the flashing light but then randomly after a couple days I'll notice it make a noise when a message is received.

2) I use the hub for everything. BBM is never open, etc. Let's say I'm having a conversation with someone at around 11:55 pm, and it continues on past midnight. Almost always, when I return to the hub, it shows the top as being everything up until the day before. I have to scroll up to view what's happening. Usually by about 1 or 2 am it figures it out.

3) Battery Issue. Almost every morning when I wake up, after my phone charging for roughly 7-12 hours, it says it's at 95%.
    I have 2 batteries and I haven't narrowed it down if it's just the same battery that does that or not. I'm thinking that means there is a defect in the battery and I should be able to get it replaced?

4) This one is probably my biggest issue. Occasionally ill go pick up my phone, swipe up to open it, and nothing will happen. I'll try the lock button, and swiping multiple times, push every button, all that. The only way to get a response from my phone is to hold down the lock button, then it shows the option to restart, turn off, or cancel. I tried canceling but it goes back to the black screen. So I'm forced to restart. It's not always the biggest deal but you can imagine there's times when you don't want to be waiting for your phone to reboot. Also that shouldn't be a normal thing.
    Again, I'm not looking for problems with the phone, these are just things I've noticed since having my phone since roughly a week after the Canadian launch.

Posted via CB10
    That's cool, we can tell if someone is trolling or not just by their words and expressions, you're definitely not one

I'll try to answer your q then
    1. Some ppl did experience that, and if I'm not mistaken it's solved by the 10.1 update (leaked one), which also brings the WhatsApp integration to the hub.

2. Yes, I experienced that too, even on 10.1 leaked 1627 build. Even though it's just minor hug, kinda annoying for me when bbm-ing with someone by the midnight and you have to scroll up everytime opening hub. Hopefully this'll be addressed by the official 10.1, keep our fingers crossed.

3. Roger that, it happened too at first, but after a few draining cycle the battery charged fully to 100%.

4. Yes, happened on me twice, the phone stopped working, but when you hold the power button you can still turn it off or restart. I can confirm that this issue never showed up on me anymore after installing 10.1 leaked.

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    05-11-13 11:34 AM
    #4, I use to have that issue all the time. Just hold the power button until it goes to the power down / restart / lock screen (the countdown to power off screen) and press lock screen. You will be back in business
    05-11-13 11:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    1) That's an issues with "Whatsapp," not the BlackBerry.

2) Sounds like a minor software defect. Try restoring the device. That should fix the issue.

3) My thoughts are that it's alike the PlayBook. The BlackBerry PlayBook had the same issue where the battery wouldn't charge past a certain point. My recommendation is that you pull the devices battery, and re insert the battery, while the device is plugged in. That should "reset" the battery, and display 100%.

4) I have the exact same issue! It's rare, but it is very irritating, not to mention the constant battery drain of resetting the device when it happens. However, do NOT restart the device.. try this: when the device won't respond aside from the power button, HOLD the "Play/Pause/Mute" button located on the right hand side, in between the volume buttons. This will bring up "voice control. " swipe up from the bottom bezel once you see the voice page, and presto; you're back in your device WITHOUT waiting on a restart.
    05-11-13 12:12 PM
    My thoughts were these were mainly software problems that will be fixed with 10.1, and going off of what you guys are saying, that's the situation. Thank you all for the advice, especially with the battery info and temporary workaround to the unlockable screen! Continuing to love this site

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:33 PM
    Yes, this is correct. Batteries need to be calibrated every few months if you want the meter to be more accurate. More info can be found here:
    Battery Calibration – Battery University
    Lion Based batteries do not need to be discharged...there is no "memory to calibrate" using your own website go to
    Lithium-based Batteries Information(paragraph 6)
    The battery has no memory and does not need exercising (deliberate full discharge) to keep in shape.
    05-11-13 03:49 PM
    For the people talking about the CB10 app. Just swipe down in the app and go to settings and set the refresh interval to Manuel also disable notifications to "forums". This was an easy fix for the annoying notification I would get every time opening the app. Also it's a great battery saver!!! Let me know if it works for you guys

Posted via CB10
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT SHOULD BE THE DEFAULT. I wonder how many people put the CB and complain about battery noise and screwed up notifications. The app is supposed to help not cause confusion and problems! CB better get the default changed or something, thats unacceptable! Too many newbies will not know.
    05-11-13 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    You need to understand how modern batteries charge. Most lithium ion batteries charge to full capacity and then charging turns off and the battery slightly drains to a point where charging starts again. This lower point is 95% for the BlackBerry OS10 Devices.

When you checked your first battery it was at the lower value, and when you checked the second battery it was at the higher value.

This has been posted over and over again in these forums.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-11-13 04:23 PM
    This is just how the charger works with lithium ion cells

It charges to 100% stops charging and lets it trickle down to 90%. Then back up to 100% etc etc
    They do this to extend the life of the battery and make sure it doesn't get "puffy"
    I understand what you're trying to say, and was going to offer up the same explanation (I had to look this up back in 2004 when I got my first Macbook) , but "puffy"? What does that even mean, puffy?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:29 PM
34 12