so again, im getting password prompts for my 2 gmail accounts, and in the accounts screen, have red notices on both addresses
    "Not Connected - Account Invalid"

this is ridiculous.. seriously..
    04-25-13 08:47 AM
    I really wish Google would just enable active sycn and all of these problems would go away! Im almost looking to moving to outlook.com now that makes me sad.
    04-25-13 08:49 AM
    I really wish Google would just enable active sycn and all of these problems would go away! Im almost looking to moving to outlook.com now that makes me sad.
    I set up and Outlook account, and have a forward on my gmail to Outlook... I have been having this problem for awhile also.

I like how Google handles contacts though better than outlook.. So it is tough for me to make a full switch.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-25-13 08:52 AM
    Not seeing that here on my 2 Gmail accounts. At least not yet. I have had Gmail decide to stop using my application specific passwords (I use 2-part authentication) from time to time. Then I have to create new app passwords. I don't know why it does that. Maybe someone has attempted a breach and it invalidates the password.
    04-25-13 08:52 AM
    So far no issues for the three gmail accounts I have. Although I will keep monitoring it. I just sent an email from one account on the device to another account. and did the same on the PC and all went through with no problems.
    04-25-13 08:55 AM
    I moved long ago. Worth while now. No duplicate contacts etc...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-13 09:00 AM
    I only have one @gmail.com account and its on my PlayBook. Seems to be working fine. I only use it as a "work" related email as its provided by a sports blog that I write for from time to time. Never liked the gmail interface or experience. Still have my @hotmail.com account that I set up in '99 I think lol Added a new @live.com account when I switched to BB10 and was told that my @rogers.blackberry.net account would no longer be supported have no issues with either Outlook account on my Z10 and both receive emails instantly, makes me a happy camper...speaking of camping...is it May 2-4 yet lol
    04-25-13 09:04 AM
    I have had password prompts with gmail and yahoo mail accounts. Have to enter a password for one of the accounts at least once a day, which is getting old.
    04-25-13 09:05 AM
    No issues here with gmail, i was about a week ago getting the not connected issue but seems to have resolved itself.
    04-25-13 09:05 AM
    Yesterday all of my accounts said "Not Connected" for a few hours and I couldn't send any mail. Got the red circle of death. I had to go back into settings and reenter all my passwords a few times before it stuck.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:16 AM
    Well, I moved back to the iPhone 5 and IOS 6 and I am using the same GMail IMAP scheme and not active sync and I can view my emails just like my desktop, see email past 30 days and no duplicate contacts, so to me it looks like a BB OS10 issue? I am only bringing this up because I hated going back to the iPhone 5, but the GMail interface is crucial for me in my business and personal needs.

I really hope they straiten this issue out in the next major update? I would love to come back to the z10, but between the device restarts and GMail sync issues, I have to do what is right for me at this moment in time.
    04-25-13 09:20 AM
    Well, I moved back to the iPhone 5 and IOS 6 and I am using the same GMail IMAP scheme and not active sync and I can view my emails just like my desktop, see email past 30 days and no duplicate contacts, so to me it looks like a BB OS10 issue? I am only bringing this up because I hated going back to the iPhone 5, but the GMail interface is crucial for me in my business and personal needs.

I really hope they straiten this issue out in the next major update? I would love to come back to the z10, but between the device restarts and GMail sync issues, I have to do what is right for me at this moment in time.
    Well, it works for me on my z10.. guess it's not an "iPhone is Better" sorta thing.
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    04-25-13 09:42 AM
    6 gmail accounts.... all working fine on my Z10. I agree with agp101, this is not a BlackBerry issue.
    agp101 likes this.
    04-25-13 09:52 AM
    I am only bringing this up because I hated going back to the iPhone 5, but the GMail interface is crucial for me in my business and personal needs.

I have to do what is right for me at this moment in time.
    If GMail is that crucial for you, I'd recommend going with an Android phone. Nothing integrates better with Google and their services than an Android phone.
    04-25-13 09:56 AM
    You can see "all" your emails in your inBox and folders and not just the ones that where edited or created with the z10? I know 5 people who also have the same issue with the GMail interface on their z10's and are using the same update as I am? I wasn't trying to be sarcastic abut IOS, I am just trying to find out why I can't view all my emails like my PC GMail desktop?
    04-25-13 09:59 AM
    All 3 of my Gmail accounts have been requesting passwords for the past week or so. I'm getting tired of these issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:02 AM
    You can see "all" your emails in your inBox and folders and not just the ones that where edited or created with the z10? I know 5 people who also have the same issue with the GMail interface on their z10's and are using the same update as I am? I wasn't trying to be sarcastic abut IOS, I am just trying to find out why I can't view all my emails like my PC GMail desktop?
    Yes, all folders and labels sync. If I send an email on the desktop it shows up on my z10 for further example. The only limit is the 30 day thing, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:05 AM
    All 3 of my Gmail accounts have been requesting passwords for the past week or so. I'm getting tired of these issues.

Posted via CB10
    On my z10 it never happened. But, on my playbook the other day it asked for my Gmail password once. That hasn't happened in a very, very long time. Since I entered the password on my playbook there haven't been any issues further issues.

I mean, my playbook worked excellently with Gmail since I got it. So the OS works, as does the z10's. Which leads me to ask: "Where did the hiccup originate from?"

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:09 AM
    I am just trying to find out why it's not working like it should be on the BB z10. I have set-up my iPhone 5 and my BB z10 side by side using a wi-fi connection, I created the three separate GMail accounts on each device, my Calendar and Contacts accounts using CaDAV and my GMail email account using IMAP.

Once the accounts are active, verified and sync up and I try to look at one of my folders on the z10, it only displays the emails that where created on the BB device and not "ALL" the emails like my PC desktop.

When I look at one of my folders on the iPhone 5, it downloads "all" of my messages in the that folder so I can view and/or edit any one of them???? Why does it work on the Iphone 5 and not the z10 using the same IMAP and push scheme????

The contacts and calendar are not an issue on either device, they work the same and display the data they are supposed to, why is the GMail email not working the same on both devices???

One other issue is when I delete an email on the iPhone 5, it shows up in the trash folder and when I delete and email on the BB z10, it shows up in the ALL folder instead of the trash where it's suppose to be?

I am not making this up and this has really frustrated me. I am running on T-Mobile USA with update 10.0.0.85 which is the current update for my carrier. Just trying to figure this out.
    04-25-13 10:12 AM
    I have extreme trouble with my school account, but my personal is pretty bad too. Maybe time to just have multiple Outlook/Hotmail accounts
    04-25-13 10:15 AM
    If GMail is that crucial for you, I'd recommend going with an Android phone. Nothing integrates better with Google and their services than an Android phone.
    no thanks.
    04-25-13 11:43 AM
    I am just trying to find out why it's not working like it should be on the BB z10. I have set-up my iPhone 5 and my BB z10 side by side using a wi-fi connection, I created the three separate GMail accounts on each device, my Calendar and Contacts accounts using CaDAV and my GMail email account using IMAP.

Once the accounts are active, verified and sync up and I try to look at one of my folders on the z10, it only displays the emails that where created on the BB device and not "ALL" the emails like my PC desktop.

When I look at one of my folders on the iPhone 5, it downloads "all" of my messages in the that folder so I can view and/or edit any one of them???? Why does it work on the Iphone 5 and not the z10 using the same IMAP and push scheme????

The contacts and calendar are not an issue on either device, they work the same and display the data they are supposed to, why is the GMail email not working the same on both devices???

One other issue is when I delete an email on the iPhone 5, it shows up in the trash folder and when I delete and email on the BB z10, it shows up in the ALL folder instead of the trash where it's suppose to be?

I am not making this up and this has really frustrated me. I am running on T-Mobile USA with update 10.0.0.85 which is the current update for my carrier. Just trying to figure this out.
    on the z10, verify this:

Go to settings> accounts. Choose your Gmail account. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Edit Folders". Choose the folders you want to be synced. Emails here won't show up in your hub main view (I don't believe, I actually have no idea). But, if you go to the Gmail tab in the hub, and click the drop down menu at the top you can choose separate folders.

As for the "All Mail" vs the trash thing, Gmail now automatically archives deleted messages instead of sending them to the trash. This way you can always perform a search and find them. Why on your iPhone it ends up going into the trash I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:17 PM
    Yes I'm getting this too. Lame. On my ipad I can do activesync.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:18 PM
    I have seen this happen with my Gmail accounts but it's been rare. It could be related to my habit of going into plane mode so no way to authenticate. It's been pretty stable though. btw when I've had this problem I also lost account connections with all my apps accts (e.g. FB, Twitter)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:20 PM
    on the z10, verify this:

Go to settings> accounts. Choose your Gmail account. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Edit Folders". Choose the folders you want to be synced. Emails here won't show up in your hub main view (I don't believe, I actually have no idea). But, if you go to the Gmail tab in the hub, and click the drop down menu at the top you can choose separate folders.

As for the "All Mail" vs the trash thing, Gmail now automatically archives deleted messages instead of sending them to the trash. This way you can always perform a search and find them. Why on your iPhone it ends up going into the trash I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    I know how to sync the folders and I have already done that protion in my account set-up, the issue I am having is that the only emails I can see on my z10 are those that where crreated and/or edited on the device and it does not allow me to see "ALL" of the messages that exist in the folder/s like my GMail desktop. This is a view issue and is software related because I set up my iPhone 5 the same way and once I select a folder, it downloads all the messages in that folder and I can view and/or edit anyone of them, just like the GMail Desktop.

The z10 does not do this and only shows the emails that where viewed and/or created on the z10. As far as the trash folder, I know about the archiving, but if I delete a message on my iPhone 5, it shows up in the trash just like my desktop. This is what puzzles me and is a software issue. If it was a Google issue, my iPhone would be acting the same way as my z10 and it's not.
    04-25-13 12:42 PM
42 12