So today I noticed that when I received a group text from my sister today between her me and my other two sisters that my text were did something weird, im going to try to explain

The group text came in, when it did a text that i sent her earlier in the day came in as a "new" text back to me.. than when ever one of my other sisters would respond in this "group text" that it would come in and a text from earlier conversations with each person who responded in group chat would come back in again as a new message. does that make sense?.. I dont know why its doing this
    Clinto likes this.
    04-22-13 06:30 PM
    Yeah, I've been having a bit of issues with SMS too. Sometimes I get texts from a certain person but with the wrong contact name... It gets pretty confusing. Also I receive a new text but the name says Me. It's a damn big issue if you ask me!
    04-22-13 08:19 PM
    So today I noticed that when I received a group text from my sister today between her me and my other two sisters that my text were did something weird, im going to try to explain

The group text came in, when it did a text that i sent her earlier in the day came in as a "new" text back to me.. than when ever one of my other sisters would respond in this "group text" that it would come in and a text from earlier conversations with each person who responded in group chat would come back in again as a new message. does that make sense?.. I dont know why its doing this
    Are they on iOS and Android?
    04-22-13 08:20 PM
    What's the connection ?
    04-22-13 08:31 PM
    What's the connection ?
    As far as i know and am aware of BB doens't handle group messaging the same as its iOS and Android counterparts, was going to suggest a 3rd party messaging app like whatsapp so there for sure wont be issues between them
    04-22-13 08:34 PM
    Oh.. I was refering to normal SMS, not group texting. It didn't used to do this to me before the 10.1 upgrade, SMS showing wrong contact names sometimes
    04-22-13 08:58 PM

Omg I know exactly what you are talking about, that happened to me this morning! The girl's earlier text would go all bold when she texted the group.

Oddly I feel better now, that it wasnt me hahah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-22-13 09:07 PM
    I've never expericened the group message bug you guys are talking about.
    However, I do get long texts ( 2 or more page sms) in the wrong order. Like the sender meant 1,2,3 and I receive 3,1,2 can get kinda confusing when its not cutting off a word that I can use for a reference mark
    04-22-13 09:11 PM
    I've never expericened the group message bug you guys are talking about.
    However, I do get long texts ( 2 or more page sms) in the wrong order. Like the sender meant 1,2,3 and I receive 3,1,2 can get kinda confusing when its not cutting off a word that I can use for a reference mark
    That's just a probably with the carrier nit sending it in proper order

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:14 PM
    Maybe you should clean your Z off and go back to a Solid OS 10.0.10.116 or lower, that may be the issue in that your not using a fully baked OS

Enjoy
    R
    04-22-13 09:19 PM
    Yes, I'm contributing very little here... But I have the same exact problem. When someone from my circle replies in a group text, the last text they sent individually (whether sent 5 minutes ago or a week ago) also shows up on the top and changes the status to new and unopened.

It is very annoying... Then you have constantly go back and mark the "glitched" text as opened. Hopefully the 10.1 update will fix this bug.
    04-22-13 09:22 PM
    My wife and I also have this issue. Happens with anyone who is the sender in the group. So the users have been iphone and blackberry owners. Doesnt matter what phone, just whoever is sending the message is the person that their old individual text pops up as new.
    04-22-13 09:26 PM
    I can't wait until SMS bugs are all fixed and working normally, I can tolerate other bugs throughout the OS but not confusions that have to do with messaging like this.
    04-22-13 09:29 PM
    This happened to me on T-Mobile versin .85. Someone sent me a group text and I received it with the last message I sent her.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    04-22-13 09:35 PM
    Yes, All Three are on IOS
    04-23-13 04:16 AM
    I also have issues with SMS. Since I have a new number, I tried sending a message to everyone in my contact list telling them that it is my new number.. But the SMS didn't go through. The error message says "SMSC Cannot Deliver Message"
    04-23-13 04:45 AM
    Yes, All Three are on IOS
    That's what I thought I'd suggest all of you use whatsapp as it'll allow for better group messaging

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:09 AM
    That's what I thought I'd suggest all of you use whatsapp as it'll allow for better group messaging

Posted via CB10
    That'd be nice if everyone had whatsapp. Unfortunately, some of us deal with people and SMS just has to work.

I'm having horrible problems with SMS ever since I got the phone. Nothing deal-breaking, but the sms usually take 30-40 seconds to show up in the interface and sometimes don't get sent out until I send another text, which can be hours later.

I also have the group text bug. I'm sure Blackberry will fix it sooner or later. I just hope for sooner because it's literally killing my relationships.
    04-24-13 04:52 AM
    As far as i know and am aware of BB doens't handle group messaging the same as its iOS and Android counterparts, was going to suggest a 3rd party messaging app like whatsapp so there for sure wont be issues between them
    Kris I can imagine the negative impression folks will have when I tell them to download an app to talk to me because my phone doesn't do group texts properly... no...I think it would be better for BlackBerry to resolve this issue

I have to say I think this is the first time I read something from you I disagree with and I would like to thank you for the help you give this forum (me).
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-24-13 06:44 AM
    Kris I can imagine the negative impression folks will have when I tell them to download an app to talk to me because my phone doesn't do group texts properly... no...I think it would be better for BlackBerry to resolve this issue

I have to say I think this is the first time I read something from you I disagree with and I would like to thank you for the help you give this forum (me).
    To each their own I only use whatsapp to communicate with my friends who already use it other wise I'm all text email and bbm

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:14 AM
    There's a fix.. you have to delete every message you have in your text mailbox.. then when someone texts you it will show correct contact info

04-25-13 05:58 PM