Anyone else have issues with contacts after restore? The issue is that I lose my links, also doubles of contacts, and other issues. Basically contacts are all screwed up after the restore.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 07:19 AM
    The BB10 will have contacts for every account - namely FB Twitter LinkedIn etc.
    If you are lucky, you will all these contacts linked to each other. Else, you may want do it manually.

I believe the trick is that all contact should have the same First and Last name for the link to work.

Hope this helps !

Cheers
    05-01-13 07:57 AM
    Yes, I also got double contacts, contact pics show and don't show on the speed dial randomly after a wipe. I don't use social networking so I don't use those linked contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:06 AM
    Could it be because the backup is restoring them as local contacts? And when Gmail contacts sync we get double?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:18 AM
    They're all local contacts, that's the problem.

Have someone on your phone as a local contact: 1 local contact
    Have that same person on facebook: 2 local contacts
    Have that same person on twitter: 3 local contacts
    Have that same person on linkedin: 4 local contacts
    Have that same person on skype: 5 local contacts

etc etc etc

Sure, you can link them and create the impression of a single contact, but they're all still there as individual contacts on your device. I don't sync via my email account because I'm worried it'll cause too many problems, so I'm not sure if it creates a local contact as well, but I would imagine it does. Really hope this gets addresses soon. If we could have just one single contact per person (saved to the device), that pulls all the relevant social information, that would be fantastic and clear up most of the issues with contacts imo.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    05-01-13 08:50 AM
    They're all local contacts, that's the problem.

Have someone on your phone as a local contact: 1 local contact
    Have that same person on facebook: 2 local contacts
    Have that same person on twitter: 3 local contacts
    Have that same person on linkedin: 4 local contacts
    Have that same person on skype: 5 local contacts

etc etc etc

Sure, you can link them and create the impression of a single contact, but they're all still there as individual contacts on your device. I don't sync via my email account because I'm worried it'll cause too many problems, so I'm not sure if it creates a local contact as well, but I would imagine it does. Really hope this gets addresses soon. If we could have just one single contact per person (saved to the device), that pulls all the relevant social information, that would be fantastic and clear up most of the issues with contacts imo.
    That's exactly right. It doesn't make sense to have multiple contact records for each contact. There should just be ONE contact record for each contact, with ONE consolidated activity history (calls, texts, emails, BBMs, Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter/etc.) for each contact record. Merging duplicate contacts should truly merge them, not just hide one of the contact records. And the ONE single contact record should be searchable/usable from the phone dialer, messaging tools, and calendar.
    05-01-13 02:29 PM
    edit: wrong thread
    05-01-13 04:51 PM
    Contacts synced from email accounts don't save to local contacts unless you edit them. Whatever you do don't import from sim! That causes absolute chaos in your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:55 PM
    I think I may have fixed the issue on my BB10. I pulled up Backup Plus Contacts on the VZ website and manually deleted all duplicates. I then synced from my phone. However, when I accessed the contacts when texting, the duplicates and old contacts were there. So, I went into settings from the "contacts" icon, manage SIM Card Contacts and deleted ALL. I don't want the info on my SIM card anyway.
    05-06-13 10:35 AM
    Known issue I'm told. Blackberry is trying hard to deal with "Google" programming on a fix. Same thing happens to me at odd times. If I delete my contact list and reinstall it is ok untill reboot. Did you come over from an Android phone with google cloud backup too? I had Blackberry for 5 years, tried full touchscreen Android for 2 years and came back to Blackberry to find incompatible programming between the 2 platforms. I've sent Blackberry my results and they said they are working on a fix for us.
    Anyone else have issues with contacts after restore? The issue is that I lose my links, also doubles of contacts, and other issues. Basically contacts are all screwed up after the restore.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:03 PM
    I did the upgrade to 10.1 this AM.

I have the majority of my contacts 'Local' (on device with 1 Link = Local).

I also have a few contacts on SIM, and a few sync'd with gmail, outlook.com and yahoo (3 email accounts).

I did a 100% backup and restore using BB Link and then added all of my accounts back (gmail, outlook.com, and yahoo).

I did not get any duplicates and all 'Links' are exactly as they were before the backup and restore from BB Link.

I have no way of knowing what I may have done differently. I simply did a basic full backup and restore. I did not have duplicates or other issues before I started and don't have any now. I have checked 'Links' and contacts that have multiple 'Links' and they appear to all be exactly as they were before the backup and restore.

Even better......... after the upgrade to 10.1 ....... when viewing 'contacts' all contact names appear exactly as listed in 'contacts'. If you open a specific contact and click on 'Links', you can then see the name variations as they appear in Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. But, adding these other social accounts are not impacting the way the name appears in contacts. This was a big issue in 10.0 for many.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-06-13 04:25 PM
    I did the upgrade to 10.1 this AM.

I have the majority of my contacts 'Local' (on device with 1 Link = Local).

I also have a few contacts on SIM, and a few sync'd with gmail, outlook.com and yahoo (3 email accounts).

I did a 100% backup and restore using BB Link and then added all of my accounts back (gmail, outlook.com, and yahoo).

I did not get any duplicates and all 'Links' are exactly as they were before the backup and restore from BB Link.

I have no way of knowing what I may have done differently. I simply did a basic full backup and restore. I did not have duplicates or other issues before I started and don't have any now. I have checked 'Links' and contacts that have multiple 'Links' and they appear to all be exactly as they were before the backup and restore.

Even better......... after the upgrade to 10.1 ....... when viewing 'contacts' all contact names appear exactly as listed in 'contacts'. If you open a specific contact and click on 'Links', you can then see the name variations as they appear in Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. But, adding these other social accounts are not impacting the way the name appears in contacts. This was a big issue in 10.0 for many.
    thx for pointing this out! now that makes more sense to me once I'm ready to switch to the 10.1, finally BBRY you've listened and felt our pain, thank you!

now please help us to push carriers to get the 10.1 ready!
    05-06-13 04:47 PM