I'm puzzled how this isn't national/worldwide news? iPhone iOS 6.1 is causing network traffic increases and problems in many corporations. Many are shutting down access to the servers if you have and Apple product with 6.1. My company, which has 10s of thousands of employees, emailed us yesterday and told us no iPhone access to corporate calendars, etc. This is an amazing opportunity for Blackberry 10. Perfect timing. Screw the lousy 10K Home Depot phones, this could sell millions of Blackberries!! Will you please help spread the word.

AOL is the first I heard of it.
    AOL shutting down meeting service due to iOS 6.1 issues - TodaysiPhone.com

This is on ars today
    Microsoft suggests fix for iOS 6.1/Exchange problem: Block iPhone users | Ars Technica
    02-13-13 11:09 PM
    Apple definitely got some bad publicity with this issue, but companies are not ready to bail on them quite yet. They already has a software update fix in the works for this. It's helpful to spread the word about BB10, but lets not gloat over the technical problem that is occurring with Apple.

Apple Will Release Fix For iOS 6.1 Microsoft Exchange Bug | TechCrunch
    Thunderbuck, richardat and bitek like this.
    02-13-13 11:24 PM
    iPhones being shut down by corporations could = Blackberry 10, Z10 HUGE SALES! Spread the word!-smashed-iphone.jpg

that's one way to disable an iphone
    lol
    02-13-13 11:26 PM
    So true. If this was BB it would be all over the front pages.
    02-13-13 11:27 PM
    the enterprise market is really hard to please, eh?
    02-13-13 11:48 PM
    I'm puzzled how this isn't national/worldwide news? iPhone iOS 6.1 is causing network traffic increases and problems in many corporations. Many are shutting down access to the servers if you have and Apple product with 6.1. My company, which has 10s of thousands of employees, emailed us yesterday and told us no iPhone access to corporate calendars, etc. This is an amazing opportunity for Blackberry 10. Perfect timing. Screw the lousy 10K Home Depot phones, this could sell millions of Blackberries!! Will you please help spread the word.

AOL is the first I heard of it.
    AOL shutting down meeting service due to iOS 6.1 issues - TodaysiPhone.com

This is on ars today
    Microsoft suggests fix for iOS 6.1/Exchange problem: Block iPhone users | Ars Technica
    Probably because Apple is not named BlackBerry. Apple can do nothing wrong
    02-13-13 11:51 PM
    Apple definitely got some bad publicity with this issue, but companies are not ready to bail on them quite yet. They already has a software update fix in the works for this. It's helpful to spread the word about BB10, but lets not gloat over the technical problem that is occurring with Apple.

Um, anyone who chose iPhone for BYOD at my company (group of companies) is being blocked from access to the email/calendar server. I don't know about a fix in the works, but yesterday, today, and for the foreseeable future, they can not use their 'business' phone for business.
    02-13-13 11:53 PM
    Um, anyone who chose iPhone for BYOD at my company (group of companies) is being blocked from access to the email/calendar server. I don't know about a fix in the works, but yesterday, today, and for the foreseeable future, they can not use their 'business' phone for business.
    might have to get some Z10s kicking
    meganVee and carlyincanada like this.
    02-14-13 12:01 AM
    Anyone with a fark account, please submit this. headline:
    IPhones for "business use" blocked from being used for "business use". BYOD fail
    Harborcoat, mzceetee and coldsword like this.
    02-14-13 12:20 AM
    Of course, this headline has not made it to the main stream media but BB pulling out of Japan for good reason ( .03 market share ) is every where...
    02-14-13 12:47 AM

This.

BB10 doesn't need Apple to screw up in order to succeed. Mind you, it doesn't hurt, either...
    02-14-13 12:54 AM
    this isnt the first time IOS has done something like this to exchange.
    02-14-13 01:14 AM
    @bloomberg says there is nothing to see here. Corporate users are simply holding it the wrong way!
    02-14-13 01:18 AM
    @bloomberg says there is nothing to see here. Corporate users are simply holding it the wrong way!
    LMAO!!!
    02-14-13 01:25 AM
    In the meantime @bloomberg says the iwatch will be the next big thing. #givemeabreak
    02-14-13 01:27 AM
    ahhhh this explains it. My IT guy just told me today my z10 wasn't allowed on the network either - said it was an unsupported and untested device. Mumbled something about iOS 6.1 giving them issues. looks like he was watching the logs and saw mine.

the funny thing is, he didn't say anything about my playbook or the fact that I had my droid connected for more than a year. only said droids were "different" whatever that means. :thumbdown:
    02-14-13 01:44 AM
    Well, that's what you get for using a toy to do a real smartphones job.
    02-14-13 04:13 AM
    Oh well...time to wake up.

Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what? There is already a fix in the works.

This will not help BB to archive more corporate customers, just wake up. Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB, and it's not anything like a snap of fingers them to take BBs back.
    02-14-13 04:38 AM

Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what? There is already a fix in the works.

This will not help BB to archive more corporate customers, just wake up. Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB, and it's not anything like a snap of fingers them to take BBs back.
    We got an iSheep here. See when problems like this happen, people will remember BB and say to themselves, "we never had this problem with our old blackberry's."
    02-14-13 04:54 AM
    Apple has a problem, and despite the fact that a fix will rectify, it's time for companies to abandon apple and switch hardware to BB10!!!!!

Yet a brand new BB is released after 2 years of hype, with loads of problems/missing features..... the advice is to sit it out and wait for updates that'll hopfully come when the device matures.

The dual standards in this place sicken me sometimes, what's wrong with a bit of objectivity. "iSheep" ? Jesus.
    pillswoj, Jonny-R and meganVee like this.
    02-14-13 06:02 AM
    you guess what...nobody is perfect....
    lorax1284 likes this.
    02-14-13 06:16 AM
    This is now becoming a pattern with Apple, they have had issues with EAS and calendar in the past. I have zero doubt they will come out with a fix, and zero doubt it will then work as intended, Apple is good about fixing their issues. The one thing that will hurt them, the longer this goes on, the more it happens, and the longer the devices are being used in a corporate environment, the more IT departments will be looking elsewhere to avoid having to deal with issues like this. What is the point of having a business mobile communications device if your calendar doesn't work? You are then left with a glorified two way pager until the fix can be implemented.

RIM/BB cannot count on these things to happen, they can however benefit from this. The timing is perfect.
    anon(153966) and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-14-13 06:18 AM

Can you please name these "largest firms" you speak of? I'm pretty sure that when it comes to corporate BB still holds the crown. I'm sure you'll mention ICE with their proposal to switch to iphones. But guess you didn't read where they were testing BES10 and Z10s. Meh. Whatevs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    rotorwrench and Cesare21 like this.
    02-14-13 06:23 AM

"Experiment first, we'll patch later" ... Steve must flip in his grave.
    02-14-13 06:29 AM
    "Yeah there is a problem with the iOS 6.1 and exchange, so freaking what?"
    see my previous post. Unacceptable in business environment.

"Most of the biggest firms have already ditched BB"
    are you kidding ? source please. Help ? tick here : http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...012/full_list/
    Dapper37, sugbo, kfh227 and 2 others like this.
    02-14-13 06:31 AM
206 123 ...