Anyone have a reason as to why my videos whether emailed or bbm'ed to my friend with iphone, will not work for them?

Thanks yall

j
    03-12-14 12:50 PM
    Probably because iphones do not have the codec to play 3gp movies.
    03-12-14 12:54 PM
    You'll have to post it to YouTube or... convince them to buy a BlackBerry, Android, or WP.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/Telus
    03-12-14 12:56 PM
    WHy cant all cell phone makers get it together! Like universal everything, all day every day! Ughhhhhhhhmakes me insane! Lol

Well, its through bbm on their iphone and thats LAME. I means it BBM, of all places it should work!
    03-12-14 01:15 PM
    It's because it's Apple. They will not play flash either. To each his own. That is why I have a Z10 and a Playbook, not an iPhone or iPad...We Rock!

Trusted Member Genius
    03-12-14 02:17 PM
    Not only videos which I send, (and apple doesn't play many formats and no flash player or Adobe or anything, but lets not get started on that)
    Even the links to the videos from YouTube I send on BBM aren't compatible on their phones, and says video nit found or sumthing ! And when I click on the same link.. it works just fine!
    Kill these godforsaken devices!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 02:21 PM
    WHy cant all cell phone makers get it together! Like universal everything, all day every day! Ughhhhhhhhmakes me insane! Lol

Well, its through bbm on their iphone and thats LAME. I means it BBM, of all places it should work!
    The reason why we can't have everything being universal is because companies like Apple are greedy and design stuff to only work with their accessories, their services, etc.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-12-14 03:18 PM
    Apple's biggest advantage, and also its biggest disadvantage is that it tightly controls what you can and can't do on the thing. By controlling what goes on the phone, it can minimise problems, like bad apps crashing or bringing the whole OS down (looking at you android). This, however, brings the biggest disadvantage - you can't do what you want with your own device. If they don't want you to have a codec, then you can't play that media. Links, email attachments etc can be used to run/install/access stuff that Apple might not want you to see/use. Granted, they could also compromise your phone, so they are banned.

Anyway, now that my rant is over, to fix your problem get your friends to install VLC for iOS. It should play almost every format. Assuming you can get your video on to the iOS device, then VLC should be able to play it. I even use it on my Z10 to watch .mpg movies (too lazy to convert all my old videos from yesteryear).
    PatrickMJS and Gearheadaddy like this.
    03-12-14 05:04 PM