Hi everyone,

Model: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 | Software release: 10.2.1.2102 | OS version: 10.2.1.2141 | Radio version: 10.2.1.2141
    Been lying dormant on these forums for a while but decided to snag a bargain Z10 smartphone and toss that crappy iOS 7 device. During setup, the device was auto-upgraded to the version above using BlackBerry Link.
    Just got my Z10 and set it up but I do have a few questions.

Media
    Where on earth is the audio equalizer in BlackBerry 10? When my iPhone was in for repair once, I used an older BlackBerry OS7.1 device (Curve 9360) and it had this...
    iPhone user of 4 years moves to the Z10! But needs help.-munch_2014_06_17_025505.png
    The sound quality was incredible through headphones. Where is this feature on the Z10? ✓ Answered - feature will be added in a future 10.3 software update.

Storage
    My 64GB microSD memory card is not recognized by the Z10 but does work flawlessly on all my laptops with a built-in SD card reader. A 32GB microSD memory card works fine in the Z10 though, but why doesn't a 64GB one work? ✓ Answered - exFAT 64GB microSD cards are not supported below 10.2.1.3175

Android Player
    The Android player included in my current software version is awful. Games like Candy Crush and Temple Run 2 don't run anywhere near as well as they did on the iPhone. Is there any way to improve the performance of the Android runtime?

Software update
    My network (3 UK) have discontinued the Z10 and won't approve any further OS upgrades. I hope I'm not stuck on the one listed at the top of this post. This means that BlackBerry Link and the device both say that I have the latest version of device software already installed when I don't! In the past you could delete a vendor.xml file on BlackBerry OS7 devices and force-load a newer OS. Doesn't seem to work like that anymore.
    I looked for alternative means of updating the device software to .3175 and I stumbled across Sachesi. Fired that up and tried to do an OTA upgrade for my Z10 but it's not showing the latest version. The screenshot below shows Vodafone as recommended by this forum. I also tried O2 but their update also shows the same version.
    iPhone user of 4 years moves to the Z10! But needs help.-sachesi-1.2.3-38-918d22d.png
    That's the version I already have installed on the Z10! Is there any other way to force-load 10.2.1.3175 onto my Z10, preferably a non-destructive update?

That's all for now. Get involved if you can answer any of these questions! Cheers guys.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 06-16-14 at 10:43 PM.
    06-16-14 09:15 PM
    Hi everyone,

Model: BlackBerry Z10 | Software release: 10.2.1.2102 | OS version: 10.2.1.2141 | Radio version: 10.2.1.2141
    Been lying dormant on these forums for a while but decided to snag a bargain Z10 smartphone and toss that crappy iOS 7 device. During setup, the device was auto-upgraded to the version above using BlackBerry Link.
    Just got my Z10 and set it up but I do have a few questions.

Media
    Where on earth is the audio equalizer in BlackBerry 10? When my iPhone was in for repair once, I used an older BlackBerry OS7.1 device (Curve 9360) and it had this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	munch_2014_06_17_025505.png 
Views:	1958 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	278431
    The sound quality was incredible through headphones. Where is this feature on the Z10?

Storage
    My 64GB microSD memory card is not recognized by the Z10 but does work flawlessly on all my laptops with a built-in SD card reader. A 32GB microSD memory card works fine in the Z10 though, but why doesn't a 64GB one work?

Android Player
    The Android player included in my current software version is awful. Games like Candy Crush and Temple Run 2 don't run anywhere near as well as they did on the iPhone. Is there any way to improve the performance of the Android runtime?

Software update
    My network (3 UK) have discontinued the Z10 and won't approve any further OS upgrades. I hope I'm not stuck on the one listed at the top of this post. This means that BlackBerry Link and the device both say that I have the latest version of device software already installed when I don't! In the past you could delete a vendor.xml file on BlackBerry OS7 devices and force-load a newer OS. Doesn't seem to work like that anymore.
    I looked for alternative means of updating the device software to .3175 and I stumbled across Sachesi. Fired that up and tried to do an OTA upgrade for my Z10 but it's not showing the latest version. The screenshot below shows Vodafone as recommended by this forum. I also tried O2 but their update also shows the same version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sachesi 1.2.3-38-918d22d.png 
Views:	1951 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	278432
    That's the version I already have installed on the Z10! Is there any other way to force-load 10.2.1.3175 onto my Z10, preferably a non-destructive update?

That's all for now. Get involved if you can answer any of these questions! Cheers guys.
    Media- you can get some apps but the stock music player doesn't have one built in.

Storage- there might be a way, but I think 32gb is the highest it'll natively accept. I could be wrong.

Android player- you could install the latest OS leak but I'm not sure how the android player is on it.

Software- I would have said sacheesi. I'm not positive on this one as I'm on a different carrier.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Plenty of other members can give you more detailed answers. I hope I helped!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 09:19 PM
    Equalizer is coming in 10.3
    I use a 64Gb on my Z30 so don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 09:29 PM
    Hi Someone7272 and welcome to CB! As coldRooster has mentioned, I don't know if it takes all kinds of 64GB micro SD cards or just specific ones. Have you tried to format the SD card before putting it in?

OS 10.3 is currently not available as official OS Update unless you download a leak and install it, which I don't think you should do because it's still not stable.

About the equalizer, there's none on BB10 yet because I don't see any options (not sure if OS 10.3 has this option added).

BTW, you are super fast to adopt BB10 and have done all kinds of crazy research on the OS

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 09:30 PM
    So far as the 64G memory card I have one on my Z10 and works fine have you formatted in your Z10 if not try formatting it in the phone

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:00 PM
    Equalizer is coming in 10.3
    I use a 64Gb on my Z30 so don't see why it wouldn't work for you.
    Ah right. Equalizer question answered. Although I still don't know how I'd get 10.3 when it's released because like I said my network have discontinued my device and won't approve any more software updates.
    Hi Someone7272 and welcome to CB! As coldRooster has mentioned, I don't know if it takes all kinds of 64GB micro SD cards or just specific ones. Have you tried to format the SD card before putting it in?
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeh, I've done a little more research and it seems that 64GB microSD cards formatted in exFAT are not supported until 10.2.1.3175. As I still don't know how to get this update, I guess I'll have to reformat it to FAT32 in the meantime.
    BTW, you are super fast to adopt BB10 and have done all kinds of crazy research on the OS
    Damn right, I'm not making that mistake again after jumping straight in to Apple's iOS 7 and ending up ****ing hating it! (sorry for that language but it was necessary for emphasis)
    That's the main reason I actually made the switch from Apple to BlackBerry. WARNING: AWESOME JOKE ALERT either that or I just love my fruits that much!
    06-16-14 10:00 PM
    I believe that the 3175 update fixes the memory card being >32gb
    06-16-14 10:02 PM
    Darn I love your attitude lol! I haven't used Sachesi before but I think even if your carrier doesn't support future updates for BB10 OS, you can use Sachesi to grab the OS update from another carrier (that has pushed the update) and install it to your Z10. I'm still quite a newbie when it comes to those things because I just do a backup, install a leak OS, and do a restore from backup lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:08 PM
    Darn I love your attitude lol! I haven't used Sachesi before but I think even if your carrier doesn't support future updates for BB10 OS, you can use Sachesi to grab the OS update from another carrier (that has pushed the update) and install it to your Z10. I'm still quite a newbie when it comes to those things because I just do a backup, install a leak OS, and do a restore from backup lol.
    Thing is though, both Vodafone AND O2 have already pushed the Z10 10.2.1.3175 update but for some reason it's not showing the latest version within Sachesi. So I don't know what's wrong. It's probably something really obvious. Can you install an official OS the same way as a leak? That way I could cut Sachesi out of the entire equation.
    06-16-14 10:13 PM
    Thing is though, both Vodafone AND O2 have already pushed the Z10 10.2.1.3175 update but for some reason it's not showing the latest version within Sachesi. So I don't know what's wrong. It's probably something really obvious. Can you install an official OS the same way as a leak? That way I could cut Sachesi out of the entire equation.
    Yeah that's weird how O2 and Vodafone have already released the OS update but Sachesi is not picking it up.

I'll post a link to download the leak OS but you need to backup everything before attempting to install a leak OS because it will wipe out everything from your phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:25 PM
    Can you use the leak from here on the boards also 64gb cards work just fine on the 3175 leak
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=929081

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:27 PM
    Can you use the leak from here on the boards also 64gb cards work just fine on the 3175 leak
    Lengend Presents: 10.2.1.3175 for ALL devices - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link. No luck downloading those cause MEGA just says 'Temporary error, retrying', maybe they're down.
    But I did find this thread so I might give it a couple of weeks to see if Three get a move on, that way might be able to get the update 'officially' without wiping everything out on my device
    06-16-14 10:35 PM
    What z10 model do you have also it is a pain to backup and restore with bblink but some times it's the only way

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:39 PM
    Android app performance is also greatly improved in 10.3 release. So we got to wait for it if we don't want to muddle with leaks.

Everything else seems to be coming soon or fixed with the latest official update. You just got to get your hands on it now. Try a different country and carrier. I suggest doing Canada/Rogers or Bell in Sachesi. It's all the same OS.

Country = 302
    Carrier = 640, 690, 720

I hope you enjoy BB10 for what it is now and what it can become.
    06-16-14 10:40 PM
    What z10 model do you have also it is a pain to backup and restore with bblink but some times it's the only way
    Posted via CB10
    It's STL100-2, I've updated that too at the top of this thread, can't believe I forgot that.
    Android app performance is also greatly improved in 10.3 release. So we got to wait for it if we don't want to muddle with leaks.

Try a different country and carrier. I suggest doing Canada/Rogers or Bell in Sachesi. It's all the same OS.
    Yeh I think I'd rather wait for the official release, thing about leaks is you don't know what you're gonna get, some of them have bugs and stuff that's unoptimized. After all it is an unfinished OS.

Do what codes to put into Sachesi for those carrier?
    06-16-14 10:46 PM
    I heard that 3175 was pulled back cause of some problems with the software. I saw it somewhere on the ctackberry forums. Don't know if it's true do...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:46 PM
    I heard that 3175 was pulled back cause of some problems with the software. I saw it somewhere on the ctackberry forums. Don't know if it's true do...
    If that's true then those problems with the software must be limited to the Z10 because other devices like the Q10 can still receive the 10.2.1.3175 software update
    06-16-14 10:50 PM
    Link is working fine are you on cpu or phone

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 10:59 PM
    Link is working fine are you on cpu or phone
    I mean MEGA, the file hosting, it doesn't let me download the autoloader, just says 'Temporary error, retrying' and doesn't download. This was on a desktop PC I suppose I could try and download the file to my Z10 then transfer it to the PC
    06-16-14 11:06 PM
    BlackBerry woooo!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 11:14 PM
    It's STL100-2, I've updated that too at the top of this thread, can't believe I forgot that.

Yeh I think I'd rather wait for the official release, thing about leaks is you don't know what you're gonna get, some of them have bugs and stuff that's unoptimized. After all it is an unfinished OS.

Tru that, but I still loaded the 10.3 leak anyways :P you get a lot of new features plus a redesigned UI (for example, the HUB, camera app, etc.) albeit the occasional bug or lag, it's quite stable and I use it as a daily driver. Though I don't recommend you trying it seeing how you just switched over to BlackBerry 10. All in all BlackBerry 10 is an awesome OS and while the Z10 was the first OS10 device to hit the market, it's a neat little device with a lot of potential.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 11:18 PM

Oh I know, I was referring to the 3175 official. That's the country and carrier code for Bell or Rogers in Canada where you can find the official update. I wasn't telling you to get 10.3. Anyway good luck.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 12:16 AM
    Not sure if anyone has suggested these but neutron is a great music player and has an equaliser of sorts but it's one you adjust yourself. It's not free but worth the cost. With regards to the os updates you could get a PAY sim from a network that supports the Z10 in the UK and just switch to that when you know a update is available that's a method I've used on my Z30 on three since they never stocked it.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    06-17-14 12:59 AM
    welcome to BB10 world!!

as for your questions:
    - Equalizer --> coming in 10.3. Hang on tight, i know this might sound a bit silly but yes it's coming, refer to Michael Clewley's BBM channel, he did mention that
    - 64GB media card support --> from 10.2.1.3175 and beyond it will support any exFAT formatted media card >/= 32GB
    - anything else --> jump in to the forums, lots of us will be here to support you!

keep the BB10 spirit moving! enjoy your BB Z10!
    06-17-14 01:13 AM
    With sachesi, try entering these codes:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...nloads-920390/

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    06-17-14 04:00 AM
38 12