I don't know how many times I see people calling people who use Apple products "iSheep" or calling the iPhone the 'iCrap" etc.

It is all really stupid. I am the owner of a Z10 and had a Torch before that. I also still use an iPod for podcasts and audiobooks because Apple does that better than BB10 at this point. I am also typing this on my Mac.

I do prefer the Z10, but the idea that if the Z10 is good then the iPhone must be bad is just stupid.
    It is like a Mercedes fan saying that BMW makes junk cars.

What the iPhone IS is very simple. Too simple in my opinion but there is a huge market for a very simple phone.
    BB10 is NOT as simple but it is much more powerful. I prefer the Z10 and the Q10 may be even better. But that doesn't not make all other phones junk, though many Android devices are absolutely terrible.
    Windows phone is actually pretty decent too, though it just doesn't have enough better than the iPhone to really standout.
    05-19-13 01:41 PM
    Crickets

Posted via CB10
    Masahiro, Dzyen, R Field and 3 others like this.
    05-19-13 01:43 PM
    Who the hell cares? This is a Z10 BlackBerry forum. Do you not expect biased answers/opinions?

I have owned all platforms and see where you are coming from. I am also not a fanboy so that helps, but this is a BB fanboy forum so it is expected to see people make a bunch of ignorant comments about the other platforms.

It is one thing to correct misinformation, but you are not going to change a bunch of fanboys opinions about the competition. If and when they actually step outside of their bubble, that is when it might change.

I typed this on my MacBook Pro, I hope my PC doesn't get jealous.
    05-19-13 01:45 PM
    Pretty much an accurate statement OP... only thing is on this type of medium, being a forum, usually you'll only get the 2 extremes. Those that love it, and those that hate.

Go to a Benz or BMW forum, and you'll see the same love and hate type posts.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:45 PM
    My 4S was incredible but the iPhone 5 is a pewter POS in my opinion. It was a step back from the build quality of the 4S.

Choosing a mobile OS is a choice. Some OSs do things better, others don't do it as well. iOS is a fine OS for what it is and very polished. It has, however in my opinion, reached its boundaries which is why they are creating iOS 7(Well from the rumors anyway).

Degrading someone on their preference is wrong but there are iSheep as well as BlackSheep. Fortunately, most of the big BlackSheep haven't posted in quite a while and what you see are people who defend BB10/Z10/Q10 from those people who feel threatened enough to create a bashing post. I haven't been to iMore so I don't know if there are BB fanboys who do the same. If so, I'm ashamed that they are doing it and giving CrackBerry a bad name.
    05-19-13 01:51 PM
    I have an I phone 5 for work. I use it a lot for emails and calls. Not many apps except for my fitbit flex which is hooked through blue tooth all day. I charge it once every two days and it rarely freezes. I love it. I also have my z10 personal and love that too. They're both awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:56 PM
    Apple doesn't make any products that are junk. Everything they make is high quality, simple, and just works. And aren't those the three things MOST people are looking for in a product?

I'm never buying an iPhone, but I'm not dumb enough to say that I don't know why some people do.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:10 PM
    At least I could see more than 30 days worth of emails on an iPhone. Just as well, really, as the damn thing was useless at making phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:21 PM
    Apple doesn't make any products that are junk. Everything they make is high quality, simple, and just works. And aren't those the three things MOST people are looking for in a product?

I'm never buying an iPhone, but I'm not dumb enough to say that I don't know why some people do.

Posted via CB10
    One of the smartest and objective g*ddamn post I've ever read in this forum. You changed my world. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:13 PM
    I have no idea why this needs to be posted in the Z10 forum. At best you should post this into the general discussion area. Pointless thread.
    cmdrkeen86 and eninrebmun like this.
    05-19-13 03:17 PM
    Why is this useless thread not closed?
    cmdrkeen86 likes this.
    05-19-13 03:18 PM
    My 4S was incredible but the iPhone 5 is a pewter POS in my opinion. It was a step back from the build quality of the 4S.
    Which is why I steered my wife, who insisted on having an iPhone, to get the 4S. She doesn't need LTE and beyond that, it mostly comes down to aesthetics, which IMO the 4s wins hands down over the 5. I'm hoping that A: when she received the Q from work, it sways her towards BBRY for personal use as well. And B: BBM catches on so most of the rest of my circle will use it.
    05-19-13 03:22 PM
    I won't say I never take folks seriously, but for the most part I do not read things literally, in these cases. When people down other devices I mostly see it as poor choices of words. They'll say "it's junk". and I will read it as "I do not like it at all". I mean it defies logic when someone calls a hugely successful product "junk". You have to read between the lines.

Of course there are issues of false claims such as "iPhones can't do X or Y" in cases where that is false. And folks get easily called out when they say those things.
    05-19-13 03:23 PM
    Op is correct but just like they have I sheep this forum is home to sheep berries. They see things only their way. U can't expect much when our beloved ceo makes stupid remarks about the world's number 1/2 selling smartphones being outdated.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:23 PM
    Junk no, outdated yes, which is why Apple is developing IOS 7 to catch up with Android and BB
    05-19-13 03:25 PM
    I have a 4S in a glass box with a post it that says "Break glass in case BlackBerry doesn't make it".

Seriously, I prefer the BlackBerry experience, but wouldn't want to be left in the air with Android. I just don't like its interface.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:32 PM
    Apple might care about Android but I doubt they give a rats behind about bbry and "catching up" to them

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:36 PM
    I won't say I never take folks seriously, but for the most part I do not read things literally, in these cases. When people down other devices I mostly see it as poor choices of words. They'll say "it's junk". and I will read it as "I do not like it at all". I mean it defies logic when someone calls a hugely successful product "junk". You have to read between the lines.

Of course there are issues of false claims such as "iPhones can't do X or Y" in cases where that is false. And folks get easily called out when they say those things.
    Every platform, Android Blackberry iPad and Win Phone each has its own unique abillities. Problem with people in 2013 is they are looking for a do everything device and have this need to be ineptly loyal to that device. These are just devices that do a job for us. I mean, are you loyal to Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys exclusively? Of course not. They each have something good to offer or they wouldnt be in business. Same with Tablets and Smartphones. I have had my Playbook since day one on April 19, 2011 and wouldnt be without it. But Playbook doesnt support Android and I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Am I more ''loyal' to either? Nope. Playbook has a great browser, email, security and supports HDMI out. Samsung has the incredibly huge Android Market, Google voice/maps and so many voice activated features I cant list them all. Each device does a great job at whats its designed for and I wouldnt be without either ever.
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    05-19-13 03:38 PM
    I think I am starting to realize that myself. I just am tired of the interface.
    05-19-13 03:42 PM
    I agree the iphone is not junk, but it sure as hell is garbage and has no business being even posted about on crackberry.com
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-19-13 04:08 PM
    I don't know how many times I see people calling people who use Apple products "iSheep" or calling the iPhone the 'iCrap" etc.

It is all really stupid. I am the owner of a Z10 and had a Torch before that. I also still use an iPod for podcasts and audiobooks because Apple does that better than BB10 at this point. I am also typing this on my Mac.

I do prefer the Z10, but the idea that if the Z10 is good then the iPhone must be bad is just stupid.
    It is like a Mercedes fan saying that BMW makes junk cars.

What the iPhone IS is very simple. Too simple in my opinion but there is a huge market for a very simple phone.
    BB10 is NOT as simple but it is much more powerful. I prefer the Z10 and the Q10 may be even better. But that doesn't not make all other phones junk, though many Android devices are absolutely terrible.
    Windows phone is actually pretty decent too, though it just doesn't have enough better than the iPhone to really standout.
    It seems like u care...u just replied.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:22 PM
    I am not the type to knock down any product.

From my observation, the iPhone is very strong for media type use and more for recreational activities with a phone. It has another strength in the availability of a huge choice of software. From my point of view in looking at many of the software from iOS and from Android, there is very little I would use from the way I work and use my phone.

For someone who need a phone for strong business use, and some personal organization the Blackberry phone would be ideal. Just using the phone right out of the box with the software it comes with is perfect for normal business and personal use. It can keep track of appointments, tasks, keep accurate time with alarms, organization, take notes, read and write basic documents, read and write basic spread sheets, read PDF files, make phone calls with excellent quality, and more! The phone part is of excellent quality.

The only software I installed on top of what the phone came with are the Google Maps, Canada 411, flash-light app, and a Canada Weather link that is managed by the Canadian government. I also put in to their own folder a number of popular news sites for mobile phones. In my tablet I installed some programs for keeping track of stock prices, gold prices, Canadian weather link, and some popular news service links.

I have played videos and listed to music with the 9900 and the Z10. They both do an excellent job at this task considering these are a phone. This also includes all the above mentioned tasks.

I do my work with the Z10 and a Playbook. When I have to be mobile these two devices are an excellent tool for me. I know with Blackberry these devices are secure enough for me to be able to do my business apps, and manage finances. I never use public WiFi. That is too insecure. The Blackberry system over the telephone mobility system is the most secure mobile device on the planet from what I have read and have been told by other IT design engineers.

For the main operation of business and personal use a good PC is unbeatable. A compromise is a good laptop.
    dale-c likes this.
    05-19-13 06:41 PM
    The iPhone is a great phone, end of story. Unfortunately that rubs a lot of people in here the wrong way which it should I guess seeing this is a blackberry forum. I still think its funny how people cling to the "tools not toys" saying. The iPhone is a fully capable business phone.
    05-19-13 06:44 PM
    I thought people were called iSheep... I mean... We can't blame the phone for following it's creator blindly!!

Joke aside... Would we really have a Z10 if Apple didn't come out with an iPhone?

I say competition is good. I also say we should not fight each other. Get the phone that works best for you (not the one with better marketing) and let COMPANIES battle each other for your money.

Or just go ahead with iSheep and BBfanboi silly stuff...
    05-19-13 06:45 PM
    Iphone is over rated though. Haha

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:46 PM
44 12