Can it cook me dinner...... nope

No phone can.

Posted via CB10
    Yea but any phone can order dinner lol
    06-06-13 10:13 PM
    Some examples of multi tasking from my point of view are:
    I'm on my BlackBerry speaking over the phone with a client via blue tooth headset, I'm logged into a secure CRM site via bb browser reviewing my clients account with him, at the same time I'm texting 20 different sales reps, and posting live FB and Twitter updates for my other businesses and answering emails from my wife and business partners, I'm also editing my website on my laptop using my BlackBerry 4G hotspot, using my calculator on my bb, sending pictures, reviewing spreadsheets, and PowerPoints, merging calls with my tech and customer service department, sending and receiving faxes, copying and pasting, using my fancy transalator app to text replies to my Spanish and Vietnamese speaking clients, watching a brief flash player video of one of my competitors on another open tab of the browser, uploading secure files to our underwriting dept, all at the same time.

According to my customer with his iphone 5, he can't do all of that at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah....no you aren't.

Plus most of what you are saying is task-switching. If I were trying to do all the things you have listed that you are doing on your z10 all at the same time my z10 would probably blow up.

My z10 can't DL a podcast and switch to BBM without freezing up......
    06-06-13 10:13 PM
    And neither can you unless you've somehow been able to surpass the 8 app limit of the Z10. That's quite an impressive workload you have there though, seems like it would be mighty inefficient to perform all that on a single phone, constantly swiping in and out of different apps.
    Read my post again I said BlackBerry not "z10". The example I gave was on my 9900. The example I gave was a real life experience before I bought my z10. 2 days ago I was multi tasking using my z10 hot spot for my laptop and allowing my customer to use my hotspot on her laptop, while speaking on the phone to Tmobile tech support department and answering text messages all at the same time and the Tmobile tech said what i was doing was impossible for any smartphone. Lol. I just told him I'm doing it and its working.

Maybe that's why I went through 5, 9900's last year. Those things are work horses. Hopefully my z10 can keep up!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:17 PM
    Can you still hear the audio of a youtube video in the browser when you switch to another tab?

Posted via CB10
    Hell, I can watch the video is an active frame if I just want to check the weather and peek at my upcoming appointments, then get right back to it fn its full screen glory with a tap.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:19 PM
    But on the iPhone are you able to answer the call, watch the video and browse CB, and send text messages all at the same time? If so, maybe my customer just doesn't know how to use his phone, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Explain how you do these things "at the same time"? Since you can only have 1 app on the screen at a time, you need to switch back and forth to perform each action. But to answer your question, that particular scenario would be possible on the iphone, although it seems like a stupid scenario since you can't do any of those things simultaneously anyway.
    06-06-13 10:20 PM
    The answer is quite simple. Really great camera, high quality business/productivity apps, games, access to the top streaming services (netflix,Hulu,hbo go,spotify, etc).

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    I've never used netflix, hulu, hbo go or spotify on my BlackBerry so I don't even know if it works but I prefer to watch movies in my media room. My kids use Spotify on my office computer but I don't know what it does.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:21 PM
    Read my post again I said BlackBerry not "z10". The example I gave was on my 9900. The example I gave was a real life experience before I bought my z10. 2 days ago I was multi tasking using my z10 hot spot for my laptop and allowing my customer to use my hotspot on her laptop, while speaking on the phone to Tmobile tech support department and answering text messages all at the same time and the Tmobile tech said what i was doing was impossible for any smartphone. Lol. I just told him I'm doing it and its working.

Maybe that's why I went through 5, 9900's last year. Those things are work horses. Hopefully my z10 can keep up!

Posted via CB10
    You posted this in the Z10 forums. You won't be able to perform the workload you listed on a z10. But since you mentioned 9900...wow, I'm even more impressed that the thing doesn't hourglass itself to death.

Lol and those folks on the phone must be easily impressed...most phone from the past 2-3 years are capable of that.
    06-06-13 10:22 PM
    Yeah....no you aren't.

Plus most of what you are saying is task-switching. If I were trying to do all the things you have listed that you are doing on your z10 all at the same time my z10 would probably blow up.

My z10 can't DL a podcast and switch to BBM without freezing up......
    I've never downloaded a podcast and I don't use Bbm since I don't know anyone else personally who owns a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:23 PM
    Here's a multitasking stress test I posted about a while back.

I am curious to hear how the z has held up under other multitasking or multi process situations.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=793748

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I'm thinking if you're doing all of those things, you really don't have time to be browsing CB

Posted Via my A10. Just kidding
    I've never used netflix, hulu, hbo go or spotify on my BlackBerry so I don't even know if it works but I prefer to watch movies in my media room. My kids use Spotify on my office computer but I don't know what it does.

Posted via CB10
    You asked why, I gave an answer.

06-06-13 10:24 PM
    You asked why, I gave an answer.

Touche.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:31 PM
    I'm thinking if you're doing all of those things, you really don't have time to be browsing CB

Posted Via my A10. Just kidding
    Fyi, I normally browse CB forums while I'm on the toilet. I usually have some free time while I'm in the restroom, lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:33 PM
    if they took the browser on an iphone and created a revolutionary 24/7 reader mode and blocked google and bing and made it where u had to dance to unlock your phone... people would still buy an iphone so no multitasking is just risk tisk to apple folks.. they set a low bar for quality
    06-06-13 10:59 PM
    Sorry, but this thread has nothing to do with BlackBerry, and moving it to the iphone forum would cause more issues than I can project it developing here.

Iphones may not be my cup of tea, but we have a lot of members that use them, and threads like this do nothing to bring a community together.
    06-06-13 11:00 PM
40 12