The OS looks nice and modern, its fluid with nice effect and snappy.
    Irrespective of functionality I actually find iOS 7 offensive to my eyes. Bright white and the colours..

It's like an Englishman wearing nothing but 1980s Bermuda shorts whilst skiing.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and melb_me like this.
    12-09-13 02:52 AM
    Haha, best comparison I have ever come across on this forum!

And yes, iOS 7 hurts to my eyes too.. Jony Ive inspired by Crayola.. huhh?
    12-09-13 03:24 AM
    just got a Z10 for wifey! she likes Z10 gestures and the Hub for mails, she 's not impressed by IPhone 5s
    12-09-13 04:31 AM
    The challenges for BB10 here in the US as I see it:
    1) The high price of Apple products is not transparent to the customer because it is spread out over the contract.
    2) The kids who set trends are sending photos more than texts.
    3) iPhone cameras take good photos without much effort.
    4) The app crazy ecosystems of iOS and Android have made it so that people expect apps for everything. The truth is that many of the non-game apps are compensating for crappy browsers or limited basic functionality.
    5) The social interaction aspects of smartphones has shifted from calls and texts to connected apps. People want to have the same connected apps as their friends, or they are out of that particular circle..

BlackBerry 10 still works best for me, because of the way I use my device, but I get why it's not for everyone.

Both iOS and Android drive me nuts. Android feels busy and cluttered, and I hate the Apple home button.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:04 AM
    When it comes to fluidity, iOS owns BB10. Put them side by side and you will see BB10 looks jittery and hesitant. Try opening the web and iOS still owns BB10, try bloodydecks.com (fishing website) and the embedded objects and scrolling are chop city on BB10.
    Are we comparing apples to apples here? You are aware BB10 opens web pages the same as desktops? Haven't played with iOS in a while but I do believe the default is still only mobile web pages for it, which obviously plays much nicer with phones.

Just for kicks, I just opened that webpage (again in desktop mode) and did not experience any chop whatsoever. Scrolls extremely smooth and no problems with the imbeds. This even with my wifi acting funny lately.
    12-09-13 05:58 AM
    The iphone ios has had years to get it right. Blackberry 10 is almost a year old. 10.2.1 is amazing for a os that launched a year ago. If BlackBerry 10 gets to mature to ios7 level it will blow them out of the water interms of os.

Red Zed 10
    12-09-13 06:32 AM
    Hopefully Apples incorporates a hub like feature in the future.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Communication is not as important as content consumption to Apple, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:49 AM
    I live in Norway, and here you have to fork out about double to get a iPhone 5s. So along those lines I guess it's ok.

The 5 never never impressed me in the way the 5s is doing now.

I hope the z50 or z10 take two is just around the bend, and that they'll be as awesome as the 5s.

I really love the gestures, multitasking and the hub and would loath to give them up.
    So, what would the 5S offer you that could match or exceed the level of productivity and user experience you now have with BBRY?

As an aside, visiting Norway is one of dreams. I really hope I get a chance to do that in 2015, if not before (already have travel plans for 2014).
    12-09-13 10:19 AM
    I had the iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s. My wife and kids all have iPhones. I got a Z10 shortly after they came out and played with it on and off. Went through quite a few leaks and settled on 10.2.1.1055. There is nothing I miss on any of my iPhones in comparison to my Z. Everything works great! I have NO complaints. BlackBerry has done nothing but improve since I got it. Great phone and I will not go back. The Z10 fits my needs perfectly. As a matter of fact, I used an iPhone 5s for 3 days and then sold it on eBay for $800 bucks. Thanks Apple for some extra Christmas money......

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1055
    Doolittle2 and dslocumb like this.
    12-09-13 10:42 AM
    Communication is not as important as content consumption to Apple, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Posted via CB10
    No sweat.
    12-09-13 11:16 AM
    Looking at the 5S I feel like a 13 year old girl. When I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 I found it to be too colorful and cartoony, which is why I switched to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Doolittle2 likes this.
    12-09-13 12:22 PM
    Are we comparing apples to apples here? You are aware BB10 opens web pages the same as desktops? Haven't played with iOS in a while but I do believe the default is still only mobile web pages for it, which obviously plays much nicer with phones.

Just for kicks, I just opened that webpage (again in desktop mode) and did not experience any chop whatsoever. Scrolls extremely smooth and no problems with the imbeds. This even with my wifi acting funny lately.
    what like this?
    12-09-13 12:46 PM
    Looking at the 5S I feel like a 13 year old girl. When I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 I found it to be too colorful and cartoony, which is why I switched to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I found that when I updated my apple I pad

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:06 PM
    what like this?
    You cant even see if the phones are connected the same way. And which OS is the Z10 running? 10.0.0.xxx?

188 views on that video.

I have a Z30, ip5 and an SGS3. Connected to my home wifi, The browser on the BlackBerry is the fastest by miles.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-09-13 03:57 PM
    typing on his outstanding keyboard.
    12-09-13 03:58 PM
    The iphone ios has had years to get it right. Blackberry 10 is almost a year going on 3 years old. 10.2.1 is amazing for a os that launched a year ago. If BlackBerry 10 gets to mature to ios7 level it will blow them out of the water interms of os.

Red Zed 10
    FIFY

what like this?
    Does the Z really do that? If so it seems many tell stories on here.

You cant even see if the phones are connected the same way. And which OS is the Z10 running? 10.0.0.xxx?

188 views on that video.

I have a Z30, ip5 and an SGS3. Connected to my home wifi, The browser on the BlackBerry is the fastest by miles.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    How about a video?
    12-09-13 04:11 PM
    I had the iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s. My wife and kids all have iPhones. I got a Z10 shortly after they came out and played with it on and off. Went through quite a few leaks and settled on 10.2.1.1055. There is nothing I miss on any of my iPhones in comparison to my Z. Everything works great! I have NO complaints. BlackBerry has done nothing but improve since I got it. Great phone and I will not go back. The Z10 fits my needs perfectly. As a matter of fact, I used an iPhone 5s for 3 days and then sold it on eBay for $800 bucks. Thanks Apple for some extra Christmas money......

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1055
    That's awesome! These are the kind of comments I love reading.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    12-09-13 04:14 PM
    FIFY

Does the Z really do that? If so it seems many tell stories on here.

How about a video?
    I dont have or want a google/youtube account. Can I take pictures using speedtest.net?

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-09-13 04:36 PM
    I actually like iOS more than BB10. What keeps me away from iOS is:

-No true multitasking
    -You cannot send/receive/download media files other than pictures
    -iOS 7 looks gay.

The best apps are created for iOS, it's a really good OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:45 PM
    If all the Apple apps were on Blackberry world we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The OS on BB10 is what makes the phone.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    dslocumb likes this.
    12-09-13 05:26 PM
    If all the Apple apps were on Blackberry world we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The OS on BB10 is what makes the phone.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    Apple has sold devices which are functionally inferior for most of its existence. iPhone apps, Android apps and Built for BlackBerry apps all on BB10 would still not make this the most successful platform. Apple has sack loads of cash and experience getting their devices in to people's hands and Android backed with the might of Google and Samsung can churn out affordable devices with faster development cycles.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:40 PM
    how is an iPhone 5S experience different than iPhone 5? :S
    That's what I'm thinking. Sure the specs differ but in function I didn't notice any difference. The iPhone 5s also has a different button.

IPhone is great but bland to me. It works and it's simple and looks all happy and bright. I prefer my BlackBerry

Posted via my Z30
    12-09-13 05:48 PM
    Just played with an iPhone 5s for the third time, and each time I do and go back to my Z10, my Z10 feels much like my Torch 9860 did after I got the Z10.

So I really look forward to the next iteration of BlackBerry devices due next year.

I am currently on my third Z10, and my plan was to get a free upgrade to a z30 if or when this one dies.

I'm a little unsure what the point of this post is other than saying that the 5s has impressed the hell out of me. For me it really feels like it wipes the floor of my Z10. Which, being a BlackBerry guy, I did not see coming. So step it up BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    My thought exactly and you hit the nail .I had been bb user for a decade and my friend pushed me to buy which I did .

Am I happy ? Some what at first , quite impressed but why don't they have this like bb and such .

I later found all the apps required

Namely fantastical calendar
    And boxer email , good reader and kingsoft office , camcard

Keyboard is getting better after a month of understanding me .

happy with my choice now
    12-09-13 05:57 PM
98 ... 234