Yeah, the 5s rox but then after you use the gestures in bb19, then there's no giving up your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    When's this bb19 leak coming out???
    12-08-13 06:57 PM
    Don't forget 5s still has a small screen.
    12-08-13 07:18 PM
    Just played with an iPhone 5s for the third time, and each time I do and go back to my Z10, my Z10 feels much like my Torch 9860 did after I got the Z10.

So I really look forward to the next iteration of BlackBerry devices due next year.

I am currently on my third Z10, and my plan was to get a free upgrade to a z30 if or when this one dies.

I'm a little unsure what the point of this post is other than saying that the 5s has impressed the hell out of me. For me it really feels like it wipes the floor of my Z10. Which, being a BlackBerry guy, I did not see coming. So step it up BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I'm wondering what in the 5S is so impressive? I have an iPhone 5 as my second phone (work-issued) and I much prefer my Z30. I'm just wondering... Especially reading the "For me it really feels like it wipes the floor of my Z10" comment. Honestly, I don't get it.
    12-08-13 07:32 PM
    I couldn't go back to an iPhone after using my Z30. I consider it an upgrade in nearly every way.

Hub
    Peek
    Active Frames
    Bigger screen
    Longer battery life
    Expandable storage
    Better keyboard
    Better Wi-Fi and LTE reception
    Better external speaker
    LED indicator
    Better notification customization
    Did I mention Hub?

No, I wouldn't be happy using an iPhone now.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:38 PM
    What I don't get is why BB gets no respect. Just look at the new Moto X. That is great advertizing if i have ever seen it. So you can change the back and "make it yours". Big deal. If you look at the specs, it is a smidgen higher speced than the Z10. And, it is just launching now. So, why does this get kudos, when our beloved Z10 gets hammered. The main difference Snapdragon S4 Pro versus Plus, Amoled versus LCD (I prefer LCD), and 10 mp camera versus 8. 9 Months later.

BlackBerry Z10 vs Motorola Moto X - Phone specs comparison
    Wow. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:50 PM
    iTunes.....nothing more to be said
    12-08-13 07:51 PM
    iTunes.....nothing more to be said
    Actually....you could have finished with its ****!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    12-08-13 08:02 PM
    Wife using S4, 5S and Z10 while I'm using Q10 and Z10. Tried all device, camera beautiful-wise S4 is the best.
    5S improvements from 5 are just fingerprint sensor and barely noticeable increase in speed of operation.

Fyi, 4.3 Jelly Bean and iOS7 are way better than OS10 in terms of fluidity + apps speed... BUT:-

Hub
    Peek
    Active Frames
    Bigger screen
    Longer battery life
    Expandable storage
    Better keyboard
    Better external speaker
    LED indicator
    These OS10 advantages are still the best..
    12-08-13 09:03 PM
    Really. The OP references the Z10 and not the Z30. It's also the Z10 forum. The Z30 has more powerful hardware and it does handle sites like bloodydecks better, however try putting a 5S or 5 for that matter next to it and you will see there is a difference in navigation and smoothness. Aside from the Z30 screen the Z30 smokes the Z10 too.
    I preferred my Z10 over my iPhone 5 too! Now my Z30, no contest!
    12-08-13 10:14 PM
    So tell me something, have you ever used an iphone 4, 4s, 5 before playing with the iPhone 5s ? cause all of those devices are carrying iOS 7 now, and other than the finger print scanner, i don't see nothing different. iOS has always been a stable and quick/fast OS, no doubt about that, iPhones camera have always been good cameras, so what is it that you find different ? cause is still iOS.
    12-08-13 10:23 PM
    The take home message of this thread - a lot of Crackberry members have iPhones!
    12-08-13 10:46 PM
    Had, in my case.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:48 PM
    I couldn't go back to an iPhone after using my Z30. I consider it an upgrade in nearly every way.

Hub
    Peek
    Active Frames
    Bigger screen
    Longer battery life
    Expandable storage
    Better keyboard
    Better external speaker
    LED indicator
    Did I mention Hub?

No, I wouldn't be happy using an iPhone now.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully Apples incorporates a hub like feature in the future.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    12-08-13 11:13 PM
    Question for those with the z30. Did blackberry fix the push notification (for apps)system?

12-08-13 11:15 PM
    To the OP. Sell your Z10 and go buy a iPhone if that rocks your world. What are you waiting for?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. @OP. Whatever works best for you.
    12-08-13 11:17 PM
    What is that you prefer aside fronm the OS itself? It's not as smooth, it doesn't have nearly the same amount of app development or support, iOS devices get update directly from Apple instead of waiting for the carrier to push them out, no need to run leaks, or side-load half baked Android apps. I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum prefer BB10 over iOS but the point the op makes is that BB10 still has a long way to go before it checks all the boxes.

I preferred my Z10 over my iPhone 5 too! Now my Z30, no contest!
    12-08-13 11:18 PM
    IPhone 5s with 64 gb unlocked. $849

Z10 with 16gb during Black Friday + 64gb SanDisk ultra SD card = $199 + $49 = $248

The iPhone5s is not $600 better. In no reality is that possible.

Posted via CB10
    This logic made me return my 5s and pick up a z 30.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:19 PM
    Question for those with the z30. Did blackberry fix the push notification (for apps)system?

I'm using leaked 10.2.1 and notifications work fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:20 PM
    Hopefully Apples incorporates a hub like feature in the future.

Then Apple would patent it and sue Blackberry for breech of copyright....
    12-08-13 11:27 PM
    and another thread.....how many of these again? I didnt read the answers but I bet they extol the virtues of the Z10 or lack there of and then some people come in and bash it to peddle the iPhone or Android. Wash rinse repeat........
    12-08-13 11:29 PM
    I wonder if you touched the iPhone 5 and z10 together would they blow up and cause the whole world to die with them...........naaa

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:35 PM
    I just played with a iphone5s and thing that i liked about it was the the start up and responsiveness. Plus iam still pissed why bb10 has such a slow inert start up like the playbook! Have they not heard the complaints? + does anyone remember when crackberry had a poll on what icons they prefer and 70% picked the playbook icon, yet 3-4 months later blackberry launched with the ****ty icons they have now for bb10. Blackberry doesn't listen to cb so why bother?

Sobering up:
    Mr Chen, please note how important first impressions are! Just like what you are going through now.
    Last edited by huckleberry_Jer; 12-09-13 at 12:05 AM.
    12-08-13 11:44 PM
    I just played with a iphone5s and thing that i liked about it was the the start up and responsiveness. Plus iam still pissed why bb10 has such a slow inert start up like the playbook! Have they not heard the complaints? + does anyone remember when crackberry had a poll on what icons they prefer and 70% picked the playbook icon, yet 3-4 months later blackberry launched with the ****ty icons they have now for bb10. Blackberry doesn't listen to cb so why bother?
    If they did there phones would be a heck load better (no offence bb)

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:50 PM
    I recently made a switch to Z10 from iPhone 5 and I am pretty much pleased with it. No doubt, iPhone 5 is a brilliant piece of hardware but the OS looks pretty much obsolete. Despite of the cosmetic changes which Jony Ive brought, it failed to attract the customer towards the iOS 7. Hardware is still no doubt the best and Software is THE best offered by Blackberry.

The hardware of Z10 feels rock solid.. I am a big fan of case and it's been around 5 days. I haven't covered this beast with a case and with the iPhone 5, I had to glide it in the moment I stepped out of the store..

If you talk about apps, it's debatable so I won't start. I barely use applications so I am very much comfortable with native apps and in LOVE with the hub

Peace out!
    12-08-13 11:53 PM
    People seems to be driven by the sole hatred of iPhone in this thread (mostly)
    I too felt exactly like OP after I had my share of 5 minutes of play with the 5s.

Now this is no way means I prefer it over my Z10 or it is better, just to be clear here! But the sole fact that Apple makes all these 5 minutes show-off stuff that works really well.
    The OS looks nice and modern, its fluid with nice effect and snappy.

So would I be buying an iPhone anytime soon, NO!, do I want to have the same visual, fluidity and speed of the 5s, YES!

Its just the 5s has these showing off wow factors that BB10 lacks.
    Am sure we all agree that day-2-day use, BB10 is the better device with its HUB, swipes....etc
    12-09-13 12:30 AM
98 1234