As I have written in one of my post, I have no plans on selling my z10. I also have no plans on buying a 5s, or getting one for free from my employer. (reiterate)

Please note that I've paid $900 (launch day price in Norway) for my z10 instead of getting an iPhone (for free) because I really like BlackBerry. (claim to fanboy status)

I'm just saying that I've been impressed by the 5s, and look forward to the day BlackBerry10 is as polished and snappy as iOS or something like that. (way forward)

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:08 AM
    I don't think inexpensive is better than the other. Just different.

Posted via CB10
    "Inexpensive"??? Still getting used to this Z10 keyboard lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:18 AM
    I don't find iOS 7 all that snappy or fluid in real life. I was comparing it to the Z10 side by side and the Z10 won every speed test in terms of getting things done. Plus, from what I hear, the 5S has miserable battery life, and I (unlike many here, admittedly) have found that the the Z10 easily gets me through the day.

As for the effects and overall look and feel, this is subjective, but iOS 7 looks like a children's toy. I prefer BB10 in this department.
    12-08-13 11:32 AM
    What I don't get is why BB gets no respect. Just look at the new Moto X. That is great advertizing if i have ever seen it. So you can change the back and "make it yours". Big deal. If you look at the specs, it is a smidgen higher speced than the Z10. And, it is just launching now. So, why does this get kudos, when our beloved Z10 gets hammered. The main difference Snapdragon S4 Pro versus Plus, Amoled versus LCD (I prefer LCD), and 10 mp camera versus 8. 9 Months later.

BlackBerry Z10 vs Motorola Moto X - Phone specs comparison
    12-08-13 12:35 PM
    how is an iPhone 5S experience different than iPhone 5? :S
    My question too. I'm using an iPhone 5 now running the latest iO7 version and I didn't upgrade to the 5s because I couldn't justify the extra money for just a fingerprint sensor & a barely noticeable increase in speed of operation. So, what is the big deal with the 5s?

And yes, I'm a longtime BB user, and went through four Z10's hoping I'd "learn" to like it better than the iPhone...and I just finally had to go with works best for me. Really, all these threads about Z10/Z30 vs. iPhone come down to picking the device that most suits you. They are both wonderful devices, and neither one sucks. Just choose the one that fits you best & be happy!
    kbz1960 and mirren like this.
    12-08-13 12:51 PM
    The only good thing about the iPhone are the apps, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    huckleberry_Jer and RCZ95 like this.
    12-08-13 01:22 PM
    Yes the 5s is so revolutionary. It's the same boring os. The keyboard sucks balls, 64 bit means diddly squat in mobile for a few years yet.

If you think 5s is a game changer that's worth a few laughs. Unless you want the gimmick fingerprint reader.

Apple has the apps the actual phone os is still not advanced compared to android or bb10. iOS 7 still has random crashes and bugs, greatest os don't think so!

At times ios7 can lock up and get a reboot screen, lag and other weird issues. Did apple fix it nope. It still does not offer real multitasking bump the home so 2000's. Gestures are the future.

Sure apple will be ripping it off soon enough. Then it will be amazing a revolution that only apple thought of.
    12-08-13 01:29 PM
    If three gestures are too hard to learn for Apple people, they shouldn't touch ANY phone.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 and DJM626 like this.
    12-08-13 01:51 PM
    My question too. I'm using an iPhone 5 now running the latest iO7 version and I didn't upgrade to the 5s because I couldn't justify the extra money for just a fingerprint sensor & a barely noticeable increase in speed of operation. So, what is the big deal with the 5s?

And yes, I'm a longtime BB user, and went through four Z10's hoping I'd "learn" to like it better than the iPhone...and I just finally had to go with works best for me. Really, all these threads about Z10/Z30 vs. iPhone come down to picking the device that most suits you. They are both wonderful devices, and neither one sucks. Just choose the one that fits you best & be happy!
    yup. maybe this is just plain dumb but everytime I go to a T-Mobile store (which I now hate since there are no BB devices to play) I play a little with the iPhone 5S and 5C to see if it ever impresses me in any way, and I just stop 10 seconds after holding it because there is nothing in such a boring phone that my own Z10 can't do. btw I only use the iPhones there because all the other phones are unusable thanks to the ******** thing they put on phones that mess up the touchscreens or don't have internet access
    12-08-13 01:55 PM
    Touch ID sensor and Slow-Mo camera and Gold body, that's it for now, as there no 64bit apps. Touch ID is great when driving etc as u don't need to put in the unlock code. Gold is champagne colored kinda feminine.

Having use the gestures on z10 one usually keeps swiping up to minimize a program haha.

Posted via CB10 using my Black ZeD.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    12-08-13 02:09 PM
    Can BlackBerry then take some UI cues from iOS 7 in terms of transitions and fluidity? Definitely don't copy the flat look.

Posted via Z10 on the best touchscreen keyboard.
    12-08-13 02:23 PM
    No difference in the form factor or the OS. The 5S is soooooo much faster. It's scary fast!
    12-08-13 04:04 PM
    Can BlackBerry then take some UI cues from iOS 7 in terms of transitions and fluidity? Definitely don't copy the flat look.

Posted via Z10 on the best touchscreen keyboard.
    That would be a really, really good idea. The masses want some eye candy. I've played around with BlackBerry Express & it's got some cool transitions and is quite fluid. Build that into the core OS.
    12-08-13 04:05 PM
    Check this out. Got an Oppo 105 blueray player with DLNA. Installed their Android Remote Control App on my Z30.
    Sooo.... the DLNA from the Z30 links like butter to the Oppo wirelessly and I use the Remote Control App on the Blackberry to play music from the Blackberry through the Oppo/Home Stereo system. How cool is that...caus the music files are using the killer DAC in the Oppo..sounds frickn' awesome.
    12-08-13 04:24 PM
    Some points about the BlackBerry platform :

1. The gestures on a blackberry make it blazing quick to move around the OS and quicker than any other mobile platform...

2. Also the BlackBerry is best known as a communication device.... and it lives up to the reputation... The Hub... Toast notifications and the status led.... All are awesome...

3. And to the people who always want to be connected... BlackBerry is the best that their money can buy.

4. I never owned a BlackBerry but bought a playbook... and have become a BlackBerry guy from there.

5. 10.2.1... and maybe 10.2.2 will bring in some really awesome features which will put the competition behind...

6. And once people learn the gestures on a bb10 device... they always expect more from other devices.... and forgot to mention about the awesome keyboard.

In short... Once you go Black (bb10)... there's no going back!!

Typed on the z10 flick keyboard!

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    In response to your list, if you don't mind:

1. Gestures do make BB's blazing fast to get around. iOS has also incorporated gestures into their OS. Still, BB's gestures are more consistent and are better.

2. Agree that the HUB and LED are awasome. Toast notifications are found on Android and iOS devices as well. iOS even allows message previews from the lock screen in iOS 7.

3. Agree w/BB's connectivity and messaging capabilities. I can use NFC, Bluetooth, etc., etc. iOS won't allow connectivity via Bluetooth to anything...very restrictive.

4. Still love my PB.

5. Agree that 10.2.2 will push BB10 even further. They need to have some real killer features though because what they currently have isn't quite resonating

6. Keyboard is the best. Objective Android and iOS users will admit it if they're open to trying a Z. For most, all touch screen keyboards are the same. And there are apps available to customize the keyboard on other platforms...

In short... Once you go Black (bb10)... there's no going back!!
    LOL!!
    12-08-13 04:28 PM
    Ok I stopped reading at the 10th post, neither phone is better its what works for YOU best.
    Because I can video chat with anyone on just about any video chat service on my phone does that make it better than BB.
    Or is my BB better because of the email keyboard and notification structure. Again these are my reasons, its strange the constant knock on the iPhone its almost like it chick to dislike it.
    Does one really have to be clueless to use the iPhone.
    12-08-13 04:37 PM
    Apparently they are clueless. A video on You Tube of the iPhone stated the camera could film in 1080P, but the display wasn't HD. How clueless are the iPhone users ? Come again ? LMAO !

The screen isn't capable of supporting what you just filmed in HD !

DUH...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:42 PM
    The only good thing about the iPhone are the apps, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    LOl
    12-08-13 04:43 PM
    Yes the 5s is so revolutionary. It's the same boring os. The keyboard sucks balls, 64 bit means diddly squat in mobile for a few years yet.
    And being ahead of the curve is so bad.

Apparently they are clueless. A video on You Tube of the iPhone stated the camera could film in 1080P, but the display wasn't HD. How clueless are the iPhone users ? Come again ? LMAO !

The screen isn't capable of supporting what you just filmed in HD !

DUH...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what video you saw but if a buyer didn't research that aspect just export the video, problem solved. Chances are you're gonna want to really enjoy 1080p on something bigger than a 4 inch screen anyway.
    12-08-13 05:00 PM
    When it comes to fluidity, iOS owns BB10. Put them side by side and you will see BB10 looks jittery and hesitant. Try opening the web and iOS still owns BB10, try bloodydecks.com (fishing website) and the embedded objects and scrolling are chop city on BB10. Throw in multitasking which BB10 touts and try going in and out of apps on iOS, iOS is still smoother and just as fast. There is a lot to like about iOS especially when you consider ALL major players support it. Google maps and BBM are developed to work on iOS w out side loading. And security, iOS is only second to BB. iOS does everything well.

Let's face it, comparing the two (iOS and BB10) is really not the way to sell BB10 and it shouldn't be offensive to say that BB10 still lacks a lot. However BB10 is still in it's infancy and if it matures it will close the gap on iOS. Right now BB10 is specific to users that want a gesture based system to accomplish the same goals as competing OS'. BB10 is specific to those that value push email across all email vendors. BB10 is specific to those that want ultimate secuirty from their device. That's really it.
    12-08-13 05:08 PM
    When it comes to fluidity, iOS owns BB10. Put them side by side and you will see BB10 looks jittery and hesitant. Try opening the web and iOS still owns BB10, try bloodydecks.com (fishing website) and the embedded objects and scrolling are chop city on BB10. Throw in multitasking which BB10 touts and try going in and out of apps on iOS, iOS is still smoother and just as fast. There is a lot to like about iOS especially when you consider ALL major players support it. Google maps and BBM are developed to work on iOS w out side loading. And security, iOS is only second to BB. iOS does everything well.

Let's face it, comparing the two (iOS and BB10) is really not the way to sell BB10 and it shouldn't be offensive to say that BB10 still lacks a lot. However BB10 is still in it's infancy and if it matures it will close the gap on iOS. Right now BB10 is specific to users that want a gesture based system to accomplish the same goals as competing OS'. BB10 is specific to those that value push email across all email vendors. BB10 is specific to those that want ultimate secuirty from their device. That's really it.
    That's really it? OK
    How's your DLNA connectivity these days? Huh?
    In the month I have had my Z30 I have never yet seen it stutter using the browser...and your site is not even a challenge and it surely does not stutter. Seriously??
    12-08-13 05:21 PM
    Really. The OP references the Z10 and not the Z30. It's also the Z10 forum. The Z30 has more powerful hardware and it does handle sites like bloodydecks better, however try putting a 5S or 5 for that matter next to it and you will see there is a difference in navigation and smoothness. Aside from the Z30 screen the Z30 smokes the Z10 too.

That's really it? OK
    How's your DLNA connectivity these days? Huh?
    In the month I have had my Z30 I have never yet seen it stutter using the browser...and your site is not even a challenge and it surely does not stutter. Seriously??
    12-08-13 05:31 PM
    Agree iOS is more fluid and appears more polished, but I like BB10 way more to for the Hub and flow of it all.

Posted via CB10
    ....welll holy ****, this is one of the rare times I agree with him
    12-08-13 05:38 PM
    I really have to say that I'm the complete opposite. Whenever I use my wife's 5s I end up almost screaming in frustration. It's just so chock-full of needless back and forth home button pushing, and pointless verifications. As well as accepting being a slave to the Apple ecosystem is more than I could ever handle.

Visit Geek Lite
    melb_me and dslocumb like this.
    12-08-13 06:21 PM
    They are a fad. Nothing more.

The California way, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-08-13 06:34 PM
98 1234