Just played with an iPhone 5s for the third time, and each time I do and go back to my Z10, my Z10 feels much like my Torch 9860 did after I got the Z10.

So I really look forward to the next iteration of BlackBerry devices due next year.

I am currently on my third Z10, and my plan was to get a free upgrade to a z30 if or when this one dies.

I'm a little unsure what the point of this post is other than saying that the 5s has impressed the hell out of me. For me it really feels like it wipes the floor of my Z10. Which, being a BlackBerry guy, I did not see coming. So step it up BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    EddieAIG, wehttam, miketko and 1 others like this.
    12-08-13 05:46 AM
    That's because you have a brain. Apple is forcing 64 bit hardware down people's throats that don't even know what it means, but hey, it sounds important.

Posted via CB10
    Michael Weinberger likes this.
    12-08-13 05:56 AM
    Funnily enough, I have it the exact opposite way: every time I hesitantly leave my Q10 and play around with my friends iphone 5 and Samsung S4, I'm even more happy with my Q10 than before. It just suits me much better I guess...

Using Q10
    12-08-13 05:58 AM
    Yeah, the 5s rox but then after you use the gestures in bb19, then there's no giving up your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:59 AM
    I'm not sure about where you live but in the UK there is a huge price difference between the Z10 and 5s, I personally would not expect them to be comparable. However after using iOS 7 (designed in California by Stevie Wonder) I know that I don't want another iPhone anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:02 AM
    I live in Norway, and here you have to fork out about double to get a iPhone 5s. So along those lines I guess it's ok.

The 5 never never impressed me in the way the 5s is doing now.

I hope the z50 or z10 take two is just around the bend, and that they'll be as awesome as the 5s.

I really love the gestures, multitasking and the hub and would loath to give them up.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:25 AM
    The PlayBook alike task switching and closing method in 5s is pretty neat. But every time when I have to start typing on my wife's 5s, I miss my Z10. Typing is a huge part of a smart phone experience.
    Chango_BB likes this.
    12-08-13 07:12 AM
    Ive got an iphone 5 and im wondering what the OP thinks that its so much better than the Z10? Is the 5s a lot better than the 5? Im running ios7 and 10.2.1.1055 on my z30 and z10.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-08-13 07:26 AM
    Just played with an iPhone 5s for the third time, and each time I do and go back to my Z10, my Z10 feels much like my Torch 9860 did after I got the Z10.

So I really look forward to the next iteration of BlackBerry devices due next year.

I am currently on my third Z10, and my plan was to get a free upgrade to a z30 if or when this one dies.

I'm a little unsure what the point of this post is other than saying that the 5s has impressed the hell out of me. For me it really feels like it wipes the floor of my Z10. Which, being a BlackBerry guy, I did not see coming. So step it up BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    I owned a iPhone 5 and 5s and currently own a z30. What exactly do you like better? Other than going into the store and holding it???

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:33 AM
    Yeah.. the keyboard on the z10 rocks.

Well.. what do I like about the iPhone?
    The thing is I have never really liked the iPhone before. I have really hated the home button and the entire in and out paradigm of apps. And still do, but there's just something about the fluidity, responds and overall feel of the ios 7 on the 5s that has impressed me. And the craftsmanship or general build quality of the phone itselfbI also find very impressive. It just feels like a much more modern or up to date phone that my z10.

But I still don't want one. My employer wants to give me an iPhone 5s, but I've been refusing since I really love my BlackBerry. Now I am not as convinced as before. I think I'll way until the next iteration of BlackBerry phones are released, and take it from there.

Posted via CB10
    huckleberry_Jer and kthhrrsn like this.
    12-08-13 07:49 AM
    I love my Z10 and am not an iPhone fan, but I did recently play with a 5S (during Thanksgiving with a super fanboy), and it is a beautiful device.

What I found better than my Z (running 10.2.1.1055) was:

- speed of 5S. Apps open faster and those that use maps seem like they were native OS apps vs 3rd party apps due to speed of execution. Z10 is fast, but opening apps takes some time- especially Maps (try it)
    - transitions on iPhone are very appealing and consistent. Any action performed is like watching a show. I see how consumers are impressed by it. It's not just at the OS level either. Seems like it's inherent in the platform as all apps utilize similarly impressive transitions. That makes the Z10 OS look ordinary in comparison.
    - app selection (nothing more to say here)

For my money, I still prefer the Z10. It's got a better keyboard, love the hub, and features like HDMI out & micro SD card support. Those are more difficult to "show off" in a 5 minute conversation & may not be impressive enough for most.

"My full touch keyboard is slightly better than your full touch keyboard" doesn't resonate.

"I can expand my storage by adding a 64gb card" is typically countered with the fact that iPhone comes in a 64gb capacity model & soon a 128gb model.

I'm not surprised that the Z10 hasn't gained more traction in comparison. This phone is a catch up phone to others, largely. It's not a game changer. That's what it will take to sway the masses & BlackBerry has abandoned the idea of swaying the masses.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-08-13 08:04 AM
    I agree with you about the overall polish and fluidity of iOS7. It?s unmatched.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-08-13 08:09 AM
    Agree iOS is more fluid and appears more polished, but I like BB10 way more to for the Hub and flow of it all.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and wehttam like this.
    12-08-13 08:58 AM
    Let's not compare, I have both 5S and Z10 and both are enjoyable when I don't compare.

ZeD 10 is a solid email machine, iPhone is complete package but email on it is a joke. Gestures on zed10 is incredible but the touch sensor is good too.

So let's not compare, 350$ for z10 and 900$ for 5s

Posted via CB10 using my Black ZeD.
    12-08-13 09:09 AM
    I can appreciate other platforms but as a true BlackBerry guy, iOS is no comparison to BB10. The iPhone is a glorified application launcher and every time I hold my buddies 5s against my Z10, it feels like a little kids toy in my hands. It's just to slim, narrow and feels awkward to hold. I've always liked the premium finishings Apple used on the iPhone but they really need to step it up with a wider model, maybe get into the 5" display game.

Given that 10.2.1is already generating some good reviews for a leaked OS, I personally can't wait to see what an official and polished version will bring. Plus, really a home button?! Why the industry hasn't caught on the gestured based OS like BB10 is beyond me! See if an iPhone user can pretty much do anything throughout their phone, without ever having to close the app they were in.

Oh what, there's an app for that!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    damien kupuku and rtang1007 like this.
    12-08-13 09:09 AM
    yeah, the 5s rox but then after you use the gestures in bb19, then there's no giving up your blackberry

posted via cb10
    what is this bb19 you speak of!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    FeitaInc likes this.
    12-08-13 09:31 AM
    Yeah.. the keyboard on the z10 rocks.

Well.. what do I like about the iPhone?
    The thing is I have never really liked the iPhone before. I have really hated the home button and the entire in and out paradigm of apps. And still do, but there's just something about the fluidity, responds and overall feel of the ios 7 on the 5s that has impressed me. And the craftsmanship or general build quality of the phone itselfbI also find very impressive. It just feels like a much more modern or up to date phone that my z10.

But I still don't want one. My employer wants to give me an iPhone 5s, but I've been refusing since I really love my BlackBerry. Now I am not as convinced as before. I think I'll way until the next iteration of BlackBerry phones are released, and take it from there.

Posted via CB10
    From reading your two posts, I think you are ready to choose - as a matter of fact, it looks like you have already chosen. Hope you are happy with your iPhone. Its a good device but its not for me.
    12-08-13 09:46 AM
    Some points about the BlackBerry platform :

1. The gestures on a blackberry make it blazing quick to move around the OS and quicker than any other mobile platform...

2. Also the BlackBerry is best known as a communication device.... and it lives up to the reputation... The Hub... Toast notifications and the status led.... All are awesome...

3. And to the people who always want to be connected... BlackBerry is the best that their money can buy.

4. I never owned a BlackBerry but bought a playbook... and have become a BlackBerry guy from there.

5. 10.2.1... and maybe 10.2.2 will bring in some really awesome features which will put the competition behind...

6. And once people learn the gestures on a bb10 device... they always expect more from other devices.... and forgot to mention about the awesome keyboard.

In short... Once you go Black (bb10)... there's no going back!!

Typed on the z10 flick keyboard!

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 using CB10 App
    retomex and Pulkist like this.
    12-08-13 09:49 AM
    To the OP. Sell your Z10 and go buy a iPhone if that rocks your world. What are you waiting for?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino, Pulkist and m1kr0 like this.
    12-08-13 09:55 AM
    how is an iPhone 5S experience different than iPhone 5? :S
    12-08-13 10:20 AM
    IPhone 5s with 64 gb unlocked. $849

Z10 with 16gb during Black Friday + 64gb SanDisk ultra SD card = $199 + $49 = $248

The iPhone5s is not $600 better. In no reality is that possible.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leejayh; 12-08-13 at 10:42 AM.
    12-08-13 10:23 AM
    IMO:

When you compare a BB to other devices, it needs to be based on needs, other wise it can either kick *** or be sadly deficient. The BB10 OS is for the most part rather boring and utility based. Not much delight and design, I will admit, those elements matter to the majority of phone buyers.

I feel that some small UI updates can help make up for some issues, but BB is not known for it's design prowess.

BB will never compete with Apple or Samsung or HTC in the design department, but try typing, planning a meeting, surfing the web or other productivity tasks on those devices and you will quickly gain an appreciation for the strengths of the new BB's. Don't get me wrong, they can all do those tasks, some better than others, but the BB excels. Taking pictures, leveraging the cloud, video taking and editing, etc....belong to the other OS's. All I say to folks who ask me "Choose the tool best fit for the chore"
    Last edited by BBSpring; 12-08-13 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    93Aero, ssingh_b, devin266 and 4 others like this.
    12-08-13 10:40 AM
    That's because you have a brain. Apple is forcing 64 bit hardware down people's throats that don't even know what it means, but hey, it sounds important.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they are forcing that on people. The people will be happy when in a few years when they can use the many apps that will take advantage of it and the OS uses it better
    12-08-13 10:46 AM
    Maybe you should get the iPhone and be done with it. Until you want another Blackberry.
    12-08-13 11:00 AM
    I don't think inexpensive is better than the other. Just different.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:06 AM
98 123 ...