05-10-13 07:13 AM
143 ... 3456
tools
    Ya I was thinking the same thing... If you have returned it and got an iphone5 how is it you are posting from the CB10 app...

I call bs.

Posted via CB10
    Well there is a CB10 app for iOS. I use it on my copmpany issue iPhone too ;-) Funny it used to be the other way around, company BB, private iPhone, now it is company iPhone, private BB Z10, hahaha
    silversmith75 likes this.
    03-01-13 03:09 AM
    And the Australian Police warned against Google Maps being life threatening too.
    Australian police issue Google Maps warning - Macworld Australia - Macworld Australia
    Police: Google Maps giving dangerous directions, too | Internet & Media - CNET News
    Report: Australian law enforcement issues warning about Google Maps

The same thing we crackberry-heads are complaining about (media bias) is usually hitting Apple full force with the tiniest flaw. So I guess we brace ourselves for the US launch, things will be blown out of proportion.
    Funny that there was next to no media frenzy when Google Maps received the same warning from the Australian police. Talk about what news agencies deem news worthy ;-). Nobody cared about the google maps flaw, but everyone cared about the Apple iPhone flaw. And Blackberry bashing seems to be so "in" at the moment, I really hope we have a great start in the US. Most of the influential press/blogs internationally are based there.
    But on the other hand, as you can see on the iPhone5's success. It doesn't affect people. Not even people in Australia. They are still being bought like mad. Hope the same applies to the Z10.

Everyone who saw my Z10 so far was very impressed and liked the design, weight and the sleak OS.
    03-01-13 03:19 AM
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10.
    So have I on Vodafone UK, I've had iPhones since launch with a couple of side steps to Android/WebOS to just return again.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    Keyboard is ok, it will take me a while to get used to its predictive text system. I don't find it particularly fast, but that is probably because I tend to type 'blind' as in not looking at the keyboard.

Expendable memory doesn't mean much to me either, never had any phone fill up. Probably because I use smart playlists to sync on my computer and cloud.

Another plus for me was the CardDav integration, just point it to iCloud and bang my contacts are uptodate

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    Haven't experience that myself at all. There could be a whole raft of reasons for it though and not all related to the phone itself.

-Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    Are you sure you have a Z10 when you wrote this? BBLink picks up my iTunes library just fine. I can drag/drop existing playlists just fine and sync them with the Z10. On the Z10 they show up just fine including all album art. But not just that, to the right of the playlist section on the Z10 in the Music app there is a big button to create your own local playlist. And not just that, the moment I do that BB Link then synchronises it back to my iTunes playlists as well. The integration seem to work very very well.

-It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    Agreed, I'm tearing my hair out. This is not how you implement a keyboard, editing existing text and moving to a specific spot is an absolute nightmare. This has to be fixed as it is just not fit for purpose.

- ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    I agree, I'm used to having several alarms during the week. Especially as I wake up at different time. I don't want to have recurring appointment in my diary that I constantly have to change. The alarm clock is woefully inadequate. Heck even my old analogue bedside alarm clock can have multiple alarms. No excuses, they've dropped the ball on this one.

- Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    For music I agree, however for speakerphone calls I don't. I think it has definite a voice bias as a speaker and is pretty good. Not just that, but also when not using on loudspeaker but normal calls, the call quality seems much much better than my iPhone(s) ever were. Very impressed with that part.

- Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    Agreed, it is pretty pathetic and very very bad quality for a phone released in 2013.

-Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.
    Agreed again, in the UK it is not much better. It is very basic, no great lookups, looks horrible. And there are no alternatives on the store. Yes iOS6 maps got a bit of stick, however it was very good in the UK for navigation, the maps looked gorgeous, the 3D buildings were fine. And there is also plenty alternative apps available. So yes slightly immature in my opinion.
    03-01-13 03:35 AM
    So have I on Vodafone UK, I've had iPhones since launch with a couple of side steps to Android/WebOS to just return again.
    Just a note: I wasn't have much luck with low light pics on my Z10 but it turns out I wasn't using it correctly. If you press and hold the square crosshairs that pop up in the middle, you can move it around the frame to an area of low light, and it will adjust and brighten considerably. I think most of the 'deficiencies' people mention on the camera are a result of not knowing this is possible. Also, I think future updates might address issues further (I just received an update from Rogers today, have to try the camera again since updating)...
    03-01-13 04:02 AM
    Just a note: I wasn't have much luck with low light pics on my Z10 but it turns out I wasn't using it correctly. If you press and hold the square crosshairs that pop up in the middle, you can move it around the frame to an area of low light, and it will adjust and brighten considerably. I think most of the 'deficiencies' people mention on the camera are a result of not knowing this is possible. Also, I think future updates might address issues further (I just received an update from Rogers today, have to try the camera again since updating)...
    Yep, what you are in fact doing is choosing where the camera tries to find good exposure. This means that where you point this area will be exposed "right" This might cause other areas to be too dark OR too bright but the area you want properly exposed is. Otherwise the phone uses the whole image to find the right exposure which can lead to too dark images. Measuring exposure is one of the most difficult things for any camera. People use this on their DSLRs all the time (at least the people who manage more than the Auto-Mode). Anyhow, I am quite impressed with the Z10 camera, especially after I installed the 261 update.
    03-01-13 04:19 AM
    actually... other than the phone call freeze thing i think most where resolved in the update that came today.
    03-01-13 05:06 AM
    This my friend is an excellent idea. (For anyone with less than 10 posts for sure!!)
    Re: preventing creation of new threads by people with under a certain number of posts:

On the one hand it would be helpful to cut down on one-post trolls, on the other hand it would block new users from posting something asking for help on a problem they are having with their new (or old) Blackberry device.

My first few posts here on CB a couple of years ago fell directly under that 2nd category, and encouraged me to remain a CB (and Blackberry) user.
    omega supreme likes this.
    03-01-13 05:06 AM

Keyboard is ok, it will take me a while to get used to its predictive text system. I don't find it particularly fast, but that is probably because I tend to type 'blind' as in not looking at the keyboard.

Expendable memory doesn't mean much to me either, never had any phone fill up. Probably because I use smart playlists to sync on my computer and cloud.

Another plus for me was the CardDav integration, just point it to iCloud and bang my contacts are uptodate

Haven't experience that myself at all. There could be a whole raft of reasons for it though and not all related to the phone itself.

Are you sure you have a Z10 when you wrote this? BBLink picks up my iTunes library just fine. I can drag/drop existing playlists just fine and sync them with the Z10. On the Z10 they show up just fine including all album art. But not just that, to the right of the playlist section on the Z10 in the Music app there is a big button to create your own local playlist. And not just that, the moment I do that BB Link then synchronises it back to my iTunes playlists as well. The integration seem to work very very well.

Agreed, I'm tearing my hair out. This is not how you implement a keyboard, editing existing text and moving to a specific spot is an absolute nightmare. This has to be fixed as it is just not fit for purpose.

I agree, I'm used to having several alarms during the week. Especially as I wake up at different time. I don't want to have recurring appointment in my diary that I constantly have to change. The alarm clock is woefully inadequate. Heck even my old analogue bedside alarm clock can have multiple alarms. No excuses, they've dropped the ball on this one.

For music I agree, however for speakerphone calls I don't. I think it has definite a voice bias as a speaker and is pretty good. Not just that, but also when not using on loudspeaker but normal calls, the call quality seems much much better than my iPhone(s) ever were. Very impressed with that part.

Agreed, it is pretty pathetic and very very bad quality for a phone released in 2013.

Agreed again, in the UK it is not much better. It is very basic, no great lookups, looks horrible. And there are no alternatives on the store. Yes iOS6 maps got a bit of stick, however it was very good in the UK for navigation, the maps looked gorgeous, the 3D buildings were fine. And there is also plenty alternative apps available. So yes slightly immature in my opinion.
    i don't know.. i was in kamloops bc,, Canada... and i was with my brother trying to meet friends at a restaurant and he looked it up on his new apple maps.. ya if it wasn't for the fact we drove past the place, it was taking us to Vancouver.. police in Australia actual asked people not to use the maps as the were leading people in to dangerous situations... bb10 native app may not look the best but. police havent told people not to use it... that is a major fail for apple..
    03-01-13 05:10 AM
    And the Australian Police warned against Google Maps being life threatening too.
    Australian police issue Google Maps warning - Macworld Australia - Macworld Australia
    Police: Google Maps giving dangerous directions, too | Internet & Media - CNET News
    Report: Australian law enforcement issues warning about Google Maps

The same thing we crackberry-heads are complaining about (media bias) is usually hitting Apple full force with the tiniest flaw. So I guess we brace ourselves for the US launch, things will be blown out of proportion.
    Funny that there was next to no media frenzy when Google Maps received the same warning from the Australian police. Talk about what news agencies deem news worthy ;-). Nobody cared about the google maps flaw, but everyone cared about the Apple iPhone flaw. And Blackberry bashing seems to be so "in" at the moment, I really hope we have a great start in the US. Most of the influential press/blogs internationally are based there.
    But on the other hand, as you can see on the iPhone5's success. It doesn't affect people. Not even people in Australia. They are still being bought like mad. Hope the same applies to the Z10.

Everyone who saw my Z10 so far was very impressed and liked the design, weight and the sleak OS.
    it wasn't google maps it was the apple map the replaced the google maps in the os 5.?? what ever upgrade it removed google maps and youtube.. police in Australia were telling people to not use the apple native app..

edit.. although i could be wrong.. i was told it was the apple native map..
    03-01-13 05:12 AM
    Yes. Of course. The police warned about the Apple maps and shortly after about the Google maps (on all devices). And Apple switched from Google maps to Apple maps in is 6 but Google maps, Nokia maps, war and many others see available as free downloads.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:16 AM
    I don't blame you though, I blame the mods here at crackberry for not making a minimum posts requirement to start new threads. Very stupid on their part.
    Yesssss!!!!! and amen to that. Maybe it would force some people to actually search the threads and see if it's an issue with the device or just user-error
    03-01-13 07:40 AM
    Interesting that you joined the forum and took all that time writing this long post when you had already got your iPhone 5.

Although it is great that the Z10 is getting all this buzz, I find it tiring to read all these " this is the first time I post here and I want to tell everyone why I hate my Z10 so I am going to take an hour to write a super-long post but I didn't have 5 minutes to ask the forum for help in case there was a simple fix" posts.

....sigh
    Usually I hear "should have done your research first" to these type of posts. Well, what better research than reviews posted by actual users on a USER forum?... Just let it go and let people write the good and the bad. If all you do is hype the thing you'll see an awful lot more of these posts. Be realistic, be honest and let potential buyers see both sides.
    03-01-13 08:36 AM
    That is why it is plausable that the update has improved it. I mean sure you can override and go into manual mode, but hey if I want to do that I'll use my Nikon dSLR or Mamiya Medium Format cameras. This is supposed to be a point and click, the advantage is in that the software will figure out optimised exposure for you.

Yep, what you are in fact doing is choosing where the camera tries to find good exposure. This means that where you point this area will be exposed "right" This might cause other areas to be too dark OR too bright but the area you want properly exposed is. Otherwise the phone uses the whole image to find the right exposure which can lead to too dark images. Measuring exposure is one of the most difficult things for any camera. People use this on their DSLRs all the time (at least the people who manage more than the Auto-Mode). Anyhow, I am quite impressed with the Z10 camera, especially after I installed the 261 update.
    As you say, people use this all the time on dSLRs...But this is a phone not a dSLR, agreed having the option for manual override is good but it should expose properly the first time. I hope the software update will fix that.

One thing it cannot really fix is the poor quality lens and heavy noise that is generated by the sensor under low light. That is still a shame...But hey **, it is just a phone afterall. I didn't get it for the best picture taking capability. But in the context of this thread, iPhone 4S to Z10, the Z10 is several generations behind unfortunately.
    03-01-13 09:46 AM
    That is why it is plausable that the update has improved it. I mean sure you can override and go into manual mode, but hey if I want to do that I'll use my Nikon dSLR or Mamiya Medium Format cameras. This is supposed to be a point and click, the advantage is in that the software will figure out optimised exposure for you.
    That's not the only problem - my understanding is that when you move the "square crosshairs" around you are not simply changing the metering system's area of interest, you are also changing the focus-point. That's not acceptable because the optimal location of the focus-point is frequently nowhere near the darker part of a scene.

One thing it cannot really fix is the poor quality lens and heavy noise that is generated by the sensor under low light.
    Not necessarily. And why did you decide it has a "poor quality lens"? My understanding is that the lens in the Z10 is actually faster than most of the lenses in competitor's cameras, including the iPhone 5.

All sorts of digital camera functionality in a smartphone is totally software defined. It's quite possible that better noise-reduction algorithms could be added to the Z10's camera and improve the image's noise level in low light substantially. There are also other techniques that can be used, like interleaving data from successive captures milliseconds apart to "cancel" visual noise. That's the cool thing about software-defined digital cameras compared to the film stuff we used 20 yrs ago.
    03-01-13 10:13 AM
    That's not the only problem - my understanding is that when you move the "square crosshairs" around you are not simply changing the metering system's area of interest, you are also changing the focus-point. That's not acceptable because the optimal location of the focus-point is frequently nowhere near the darker part of a scene.
    Agreed

Not necessarily. And why did you decide it has a "poor quality lens"? My understanding is that the lens in the Z10 is actually faster than most of the lenses in competitor's cameras, including the iPhone 5.
    As it quite clearly doesn't let enough light in, so in combination with the sensor used it doesn't seem to work that well. Yes on paper it has an aperture rating of f2.2 compared to f2.4 of the iPhone 5. But that doesn't tell the whole story, the sensor size itself also plays a role, and what is infront of the lens itself. I haven't been able to find details regarding the sensor size on the Z10.

But anyway, a picture says more than a thousands words and specs. Take a photo with both under the same conditions letting the phone do the hard work and the Z10 just looks way worse to me.

All sorts of digital camera functionality in a smartphone is totally software defined. It's quite possible that better noise-reduction algorithms could be added to the Z10's camera and improve the image's noise level in low light substantially. There are also other techniques that can be used, like interleaving data from successive captures milliseconds apart to "cancel" visual noise. That's the cool thing about software-defined digital cameras compared to the film stuff we used 20 yrs ago.
    Sure but noise reduction algorithmes can't magic something that wasn't recorded. It can reduce and alter the artefacts, it doesn't do magic. I use dFine and Noise Ninja for my dSLR for some shots, but whilst it can do a good job none is ever as clean as a properly exposed sensor. You can't just make the sensor bigger in software, you can't space the pixels further apart, you can't change the lens....Now don't get me wrong, you can 'improve' but by the same token you can also make it much worse...
    03-01-13 10:47 AM
    As it quite clearly doesn't let enough light in, so in combination with the sensor used it doesn't seem to work that well. Yes on paper it has an aperture rating of f2.2 compared to f2.4 of the iPhone 5. But that doesn't tell the whole story, the sensor size itself also plays a role, and what is infront of the lens itself. I haven't been able to find details regarding the sensor size on the Z10.
    Actually my understanding is that the basic camera module is actually identical to some (many?) popular high-end smartphones, including ones that get very high ratings on picture quality. One of the reasons why I believe that the distinctions in many ways could simply come down to image processing quality.

Sure but noise reduction algorithmes can't magic something that wasn't recorded. It can reduce and alter the artefacts, it doesn't do magic. I use dFine and Noise Ninja for my dSLR for some shots, but whilst it can do a good job none is ever as clean as a properly exposed sensor. You can't just make the sensor bigger in software, you can't space the pixels further apart, you can't change the lens....Now don't get me wrong, you can 'improve' but by the same token you can also make it much worse...
    If you're talking about something like fine image detail, in many cases it's correct that you can't create data that isn't there. But in many cases the data is there, it is just obscured by poor image processing. For example, one of the common distinctions between a low-end flatscreen computer monitor and a higher-end model is that the image data is run through higher bandwidth/higher bit-depth panel driver circuitry (8-bit per pixel rather than 6-bit per pixel processing), which results in noticeably better image quality even if the actual panel itself is identical. Even if the panel can display fine tonality distinctions, if the bandwidth or bit-depth of the driver circuitry is limited, you'll never be able to see its full potential.

Also note the HDR technique. Vastly greater dynamic range without changing the sensor, but simply by integrating the results from multiple samples of the same scene. This is a very similiar concept to what I mentioned earlier about averaging the results from successive captures. (though in much closer succession) Here are some articles on other ways to improve image quality (and particularly perceived noise levels) from the same raw input signal:

Dark-frame subtraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Using Image Calibration Techniques to Reduce Noise in Digital Images - photo.net
    Noise, Dynamic Range and Bit Depth in Digital SLRs -- page 4

There are all sorts of areas that could be improved in software: autofocus, vibration-reduction, white-balance, color interpretation. (Many of the areas where the Z10 seemed slightly weak compared to the best competition in the comparison shots I've seen would seemingly be easily tamed by more sophisticated image processing to optimize color/contrast etc. But even with the original software, most reviewers found the camera in the Z10 superior to that in the Samsung Galaxy SIII, which is one of the most popular high-end smartphones in the world right now)

Anyway, enough thread-hijacking on that subject I guess... suffice to say I think there's an awful lot that can be done in software to "awesomeize" the camera.
    03-01-13 11:33 AM
    i find the camera to be decent enough to take pictures.. i would never use my phone to take pictures to enlarge and print...

it doesn't matter how good a phone camera is cause i';m sure a LARGE percentage of people just use it to post to their choice of social network.

1st pic is of my playing around with the depth
    2nd is taken at the top of THE ROCK in NYC
    pics look pretty good to me!
    03-01-13 11:53 AM
    Excuse me can you tell me what you set as multiple alarms?

Do you wake many different times during the day?

I know I set many reminders on items I need to follow up on. But those are set on the items themselves. I don't see any need for multiple alarms.

I have an old bedside alarm clock which can set 2 alarms. But that stays beside the bed, and can be expected to wake my wife. My phone won't be staying behind when I've left for work.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:21 PM
    Coming from iPhone, that's probably a good suggestion for future updates to BB10. It probably wouldn't be much trouble to add the option of full Auto and let it search for low light. I'm not an expert on cameras, but if iPhone can do it, don't see why it would be a big issue for BB. I have done some lower light tests comparing my 4S (ios 6.1) and Z10, but not overly extensive. I find the 4S marginally clearer in lower light when I use both phones correctly. The 4S also seems to have warmer tones and the z10 cooler tones? I find the built in BB10 filters - auto-enhance, brightness and white balance do a superb job at cleaning it up, every bit as well as the 4S. But as you say, it's a camera phone. For my purposes, it's great, the difference to me is minimal and I believe the other posters who have said it can continue to improve via software. From everything I've read the Nokia Lumia 9xx (can't remember model) is superb overall and leaves every other phone in the dust. Be curious to know if that's a combo of hardware and software.
    03-01-13 01:29 PM
    How long have you worked for Apple? Downloading the new 10.0.10.85 over wifi becauce I want to.
    03-01-13 01:32 PM

It could also be different alarms for different days. For example, I sleep in on weekends, so I have a later alarm set than what I have for weekdays.

One alarm for 5 days, one alarm for 2 days.
    03-01-13 01:35 PM
    You may have gotten a phone with problems, or something happened to it. We have a number of Z10's and do not have the issues you listed!

I had one phone where I had to re-install the OS. I tried installing a free program from a third party, and I suspect that program may have done the fault. Also, if you did a device switch from the iPhone to the new Z10 maybe there is the possibility there was something in the data that the Z10 was having a problem with. There are many reasons why you could have had problems.

You should have contacted Blackberry support, allow them to retrieve the logs from the phone, and help you fix it.
    03-01-13 01:52 PM

I know I set many reminders on items I need to follow up on. But those are set on the items themselves. I don't see any need for multiple alarms.

I have an old bedside alarm clock which can set 2 alarms. But that stays beside the bed, and can be expected to wake my wife. My phone won't be staying behind when I've left for work.

Posted via CB10
    Mondays I generally wake up at 4am to get up and go. On tuesday and wednesday I may stay in a hotel and can get a lay in until 7am. Thursdays is the same as Mondays. Then on Fridays I work from home. Saturdays I mainly get up at 8.30. Sundays no alarm.

Are you telling me I should clutter my diary with the times I want to wake up? With the times I want my alarm clock go? Nah don't want all that in my diary...
    03-01-13 02:02 PM
    OP: Oh ok, enjoy your new phone then honestly, but PLEASE let us enjoy ours. If you just want to rant about it, call your mate and have a pint over it, you ll feel better.

Since you *NEED* to warn other "iphone dissapointed" people that will think of the Z10 and then go back to iphone (weird, i thought there was also another OS out there... what was that... oh YES, ANDROID -which despite my personal preference not being it- is a HUGELY well made OS) , then
    I would like to also answer to you regarding my experience with the Z10 (which is not without problems that is true) in relation to your points, so that people thinking about changing may consider:

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone NOT ONCE has this happened to me personally

-Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device. Ok maybe YOU do not like it, good enough but it is NOT horrendous in general, YOU find it horrendous, your opinion, not a fact. The fact is the media library works and is quite up to standards, so ok.

- My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp GOOD GOD.... Future Z10 owners be alerted: go to i-phone (never android, NEVER for the OP) because your Z10 will automatically download NBA logos that cannot be erased. This has nothing to do with the user, it is the phone programmed like this by BB just to mess up your day...maybe it is the site after all...

- I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone True be said, not at par with IOS in apps, that is a FACT. The ones I got work nicely but hey, this indeed may be the only valid point if you really are an apps person. Mind you the appworld on bb is getting bigger by the day and many of the so called "must have" apps are signed on and coming in a month or so. But overal, the only valid point at the moment.

-It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot again, exaggerating a bit I guess... oh it was good before but with the new update it is even better from what I read the past couple of hours in the forums, so maybe newcomers should all together disregard this comment.

- ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day CAREFUL PEOPLE ONE ALARM - ALARM.... seriously...??? people have informed you on that. I mean, put it in your calendar and NOTE what the alarm is about, integrate it with mails or remember and contacts and have a fully informative alarm on your Z10... wait did I just write that...? oh YES i did because in my work involving many countries and clients i can do JUST that!

- Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone Burger horrible if compared to tacos, moving on (just because I do not have that really fine tuned ear I get proper, crystal clear sound, it is practical, it works on the Z10 above standards. You want a Great Sound... get a damn Harley, that really has a terrific sound... )

- Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus If you do not know how to use it.. wait... you just finger point and it auto focuses... wth... oh it just got an update too. Camera is not DSLR but for a mobile.. well quite decent... if you work for national Geographic maybe you need your A-Class standard photographers equipment though.

-Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app. Ok, may be the case. This I cannot comment on, this would make it... 2nd point.

Before you talk about my attitude, please look at yours first. You seriously come here and take out on the community. It is ok to whine and rant some times, we all do, but please if you mean to do that, just state it next time "I WANT to get is OFF my chest". That would be welcomed but the way you did it, no way jose for me pal.

There are quite some issues with the phone still to be addressed. Many important ones were addressed by the last update 1 month after launch. I am no fanboy, I do like bb and my z10 but ****, it is just a phone. Point is, I am looking around the forums, talk to people, contact bb forums, bb help on twitter and try to see if things will be sorted out. Occasionaly I whine and complain too but at least my general approach is constructive.

Sorry about my post but I about had it, defending X or defending Y. You did not like it, you took it back they accepted your problem solved. If you have to warn someone, it is the i-phone users that are about to change, so please go warn them in the i-phone section and let us enjoy our long awaited phones in peace or help deal with real general issues instead of bashing man.

I am sorry, I tell you again but hey, it is obvious: bad place, bad timing, bad arguments (or maybe no arguments or barely any).
    Thanks and really: enjoy your iphone dude, it is a great phone, really. If it suits you and makes you happy great! Live and let live.
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-02-13 at 05:29 PM. Reason: no content just eddited form
    03-01-13 05:22 PM
    Mondays I generally wake up at 4am to get up and go. On tuesday and wednesday I may stay in a hotel and can get a lay in until 7am. Thursdays is the same as Mondays. Then on Fridays I work from home. Saturdays I mainly get up at 8.30. Sundays no alarm.

Are you telling me I should clutter my diary with the times I want to wake up? With the times I want my alarm clock go? Nah don't want all that in my diary...
    I feel you, this is personal preference ok. but seriously, I do not know when you guys were born i am just in my 30s and I would swear to god, it does not cost me too much to set the alarm on a different time before I hit the mattress. Come on, disqualifying a phone that in business gives you highly integrated calendar app with contacts, notes and msgs from 10 different places with all updates on social media a swipe away, for a phone that allows you multiple clock alarms with a note option (at least this is my gfs possibility in the iphone, maybe i got it wrong)... well for me, my work is highly better handled with the Z10 and I have a spare 10seconds to set the alarm every night, since I have saved huge amounts of time during the day in information gathering (z10 does that for me).

In my opinion this works better and is a huge pro, but as always is a FACT, each have our personal preference, so each should judge and choose accordingly.
    all the best.
    xBURK likes this.
    03-01-13 05:36 PM
143 ... 3456