Lol funny you think I'm a troll when I'm just sharing my experience with the phone. Like I said there are things that are good, unfortunately these problems happen with a lot of ppl with the phone

Posted via CB10
    when and why did you joined this forum ?
    02-28-13 10:14 AM
    Ya I was thinking the same thing... If you have returned it and got an iphone5 how is it you are posting from the CB10 app...

I call bs.

Posted via CB10
    Dzyen and DuexNoir like this.
    02-28-13 10:21 AM
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    Never had a dropped call...I was actually able to continue an entire phone call while walking through an underground tunnel connecting the building I work at to a parkade distances away. With my old phone and many iPhones I've seen along the way, they couldn't pick up any signal at all. So I was totally flabbergasted by this.

Never had a problem with my phone not being recognized by BB Link. Don't know what your issue was.

Chasing Yello is free...so if you paid for it, you probably went to the wrong store. Also, I have Chasing Yello and it works extremely well!

About the NBA logos...I will blatantly say that you are fibbing! I've browsed tons of websites with the browser and not one, single issue!

Editing text isn't an issue for me...the bubble is easy to use...and last I heard the iPhone also uses the same technique for editing...so what are you really complaining about?

Camera is not hard to focus...you just didn't know how to use it. Did you expect a BB device to function like an iPhone?

Lol funny you think I'm a troll when I'm just sharing my experience with the phone. Like I said there are things that are good, unfortunately these problems happen with a lot of ppl with the phone

Posted via CB10
    And if you said you returned your Z10 already...then how is it that you are still posting from the CB10 app?!! I think you slipped and now the fish really stinks!

...and as expected, this new user disappears with no further posts. Typical.
    sooman54 and DeeLishusOne like this.
    02-28-13 10:39 AM
    Strange. I have none of those problems. The Z10 is much better than the iPhone in my experience.
    02-28-13 11:02 AM
    The same thing happened to my PlayBook but the icons only show for me when attaching a picture to an email. They do not appear in pictures or downloads folders. There must be a couple hundred of these logos that I picked up at some travel website and I haven't been able to figure a way to delete them.
    This works for 9900 (hoping things are similar, if not same, on the Playbook. I've never had such images on my PB):

1. When inside media, go to pictures, in the menu select "Import pictures". This opens up the temp. folders created for images that get downloaded on browsing. Import the temp. folder; you should see it listed in Pics under Media. Delete this folder to permanently get rid of those pics.

OR

2. Menu > Applications folder > Files > All Files > enter the format (.png, .jpg etc) in the search bar. Lists all images including the ones downloaded but not listed under Pics folder. Delete unwanted ones (open and check)
    Similarly, Applications folder > Files > File Folders > Device > Home > AppWorld > Images - this contains all the logos of every app you might have browsed in the App World > Delete Images folder; it may prompt before deletion, say yes, and delete. P.S delete may take few seconds longer than usual. Might as well delete the Logs folder to free up device space.
    sooman54 likes this.
    02-28-13 11:08 AM
    Z10 storing website info may be due to caching...like how PC browsers do it so that it can reload the website quickly when you go back there. There is a function to turn off caching in the Z10 located in Developer Tools in Settings within Browser.
    02-28-13 11:46 AM
    the speakers are awesome.. i dunno what ur talking about.. not trying to flame you.. as your points are very valid.. but the speakers i find to be great! i don't even use my speakers anymore at home by my computer to listen to music...
    02-28-13 12:38 PM
    "down by the river"
    " I shot my baby"

oops - sorry got distracted by neil young.
    Dzyen likes this.
    02-28-13 01:01 PM
    From a purely consumer perspective, reading the OP's post leads me two a couple of conclusions:

1. Many of the problems appear to be either related to a defective unit or something that could be fixed by reloading the OS after a security wipe. In either case, working with BB for support would probably have lead to a more satisfactory outcome. My own experience with service providers is that the call centres aren't great at addressing problems and a lot of store staff lacks the experience and / or expertise to solve such problems other than to replace the troublesome unit. Bottom line is that a unit exchange is an appropriate first step when dealing with a troublesome phone.

2. I don't understand why a person who had problems with a unit and did not take the step I described above feels entitled to vent about the problems encountered to a forum of enthusiasts who will readily offer advice and solutions to help a new user through some of those problems. I can't understand those that support the OP's feeling of entitlement to vent after returning a unit when the OP clearly made no effort to solve the problems encountered other than to return the Z10 and get an Apple device.

As to the comments about the map not giving the "fastest route", unless the mapping function is tied in to a traffic updates, then the map program will give the fastest route through a combination of distance and registered speed limits. Unless traffic data is present, then the fact that there is an accident along the projected route and the road is closed will not show up in the results for fastest route, and therefore the "fastest" route will turn out to be the slowest. That does not mean there is anything wrong with the map app on the Z10, just that it is not appropriate given the requirements of the OP. The solution is to get an app which includes GPS navigation functions with real traffic updates.
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    02-28-13 01:05 PM
    I have had the Z10 for three weeks and haven't looked back - as far as the bugs you talk about iit must be inherent in your phone as the one I have has worked a dream.

You should sort yourself out and change it if within the return period.

It looks as if you can only moan - not a very good sign.
    02-28-13 01:07 PM
    I mean, I look at the reviews on any canadian carriers and Z10 have more reviews and better also. I guess it wouldn't be the case if it was crashing in calls, or whatever you are saying.
    02-28-13 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's obvious that you're new around here...... It appears as though anyone who posts negative information about the new Z10 is blamed for living under bridges and eating children. However, there are a select few of us around here that appreciate honest feedback. I'm sorry for your negative experience with the Z10. Enjoy your iPhone.

<Sent from Uranus>
    mikeo007 and Coachbulldog like this.
    02-28-13 03:30 PM
    Yeah Crackberry should really institute this policy ASAP. The amount of Troll Threads since the Z10 launched is ridiculous & it's only going to get worse once the Z10 launches in the USA.

Another option would be a Sticky Thread for all these people claiming to be returning their Z10's. Then any time yet another new Thread is started the Mods could just quickly move it into the Stickied Thread.
    This my friend is an excellent idea. (For anyone with less than 10 posts for sure!!)
    02-28-13 03:31 PM
    Think before you post.
    *face palm*
    raino, Dzyen and Billy-X like this.
    02-28-13 04:17 PM
    I too am a newbie here..I however have been a BlackBerry owner for almost 10 years now..After reading all these flame posts I often wonder how many are sent here by other manufacturers of phones to bash the competition? Maybe I'm out of line saying that but its just my gut talking.. There allot of posts on here that just don't make any sense.. Also many folks on here with no facts at all.Just strait up Bull****..
    02-28-13 05:00 PM
    Freezing phone calls? That is defiantly not normal. It's too bad you're having such a hard time of things. I'm sure you're sick of hearing this, but mine is working perfectly with out one freeze, battery pull or shut down since Feb 5th. Now with this update, I'm already noticing several improvements. You could of replaced your phone in the time you spent writing your issues. Take it back and get the experience you deserve!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-28-13 at 05:22 PM.
    02-28-13 05:03 PM
    Z10 is the first generation. 1st gen iPhone sucks. If you want to compare the Z10 with iPhone 1 there is no comparison.
    Totally irrelevant comment. The Z10 is not competing with the iPhone 1.
    02-28-13 05:11 PM
    Woooow. Ooookay. So OP wants us to help how? He returned the phone and registered to start a flamefest thread (I know it may have not been his goal but still). That's definitely productive. Mods shame on you for allowing this. We cannot help him and no new user will go back and find this thread. Lets be real. As for what OP posted. I cannot comment much since I don't own it yet but it sounds like that unit was broken or something.
    02-28-13 06:26 PM
    Well unlike the rest of the people here so ready to rip you a new one, I appreciate your opinion and post. It's sad that these forums have turned to a damn mosh pit and people sharing their opinions are getting stomped on. I've been waiting for the Z10 for years, and still have nothing for me in the US. I too will probably try a iPhone 5 if the z10 doesn't get me hooked.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    02-28-13 06:37 PM
    You might want to actually find that mythical article to check on its validity. Just because you've heard it from a fan-person, doesn't mean it's true.
    Wow...did you really say that? And YOU are calling people out?

Apple Maps Are Leaving People Stranded in the Outback - Technology - The Atlantic Wire
    Australian police warn travelers to dump Apple&#39;s map app
    BBC News - Apple Maps 'is life-threatening' to motorists lost in Australia heat
    02-28-13 09:03 PM
    I read the posts and only joined recently. have always had BBs. I can't believe the problems that some people have. Got it day 1 and never pulled battery, never had it freeze (air canada app is a bit of a dog), phone works perfect. I had a torch before and the native maps and google maps were alright. Today, I was in an underground city centre mall in Edmonton and had to go to the Shaw centre, I typed in shaw and was amazed that the GPS even worked, I was walking and it got me there and home. Remember is an integrated way to add so much, I love it. My Zed10 is fast, I have a 64gb card with all kinds of songs, pics of my grandkids, work docs. Well, I won't go on and on but generally I can't understand apple people. Apple can do know wrong? One daughter went from BB to iphone and regrets it. I have a playbook that cost $150 and it has also worked great. Where the heck is the HDMI out on the ipad. Apple doesn't care cause their customers don't really compare (in my opinion) Also, being a Canadian I am loyal to our greatest high tech company and as far as I know the only one that actually builds in this continent.

In our house there are 2 BBs, 2 playbooks, all work great. I do really miss BB travel though. Just downloading update to OS. As far as apps go, I only need a few, it seems to have become a sport for some (mostly kids) with i?? and androids that I got this new app before you did, na na na na na. Do you use it though. I gotta tell ya that if I was going to spend $600 for a tablet or so I would rather have a laptop. I am all over the place with this post I know but i?? people especially really confuse me. Apple can steal your personal information, have poor apps, outages, treat the people that make them in China like dogs, even blow up a factory and nobody cares. I also respect the guts that BB had releasing new hardware and software together and doing a live demo at the launch, now that is courage and faith. the 10 will be the op that everything will be compared against and I look forward to that.

That's my rant from a newby poster not a newby tech person.
    02-28-13 09:31 PM
    Okay I'm having trouble understanding this. My 9900 is better for music than both iphone 4's my wife and I had. And yes I had them both at the same time. The 9900 would distort at full volume but 1 click down and it was louder, deeper and just as clear. On speakerphone in call it drowned out the iphone, no comparison at all. Not sure about the Z10 because I don't have it but when you say any BB you sir are full of crap. I doubt you even had a Z10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    02-28-13 10:04 PM
    you are the first i have heard with some off those.. the others were know about before phone was launched.. and you must not do a lot of typing on you iphone... cause that is the absolute worst to edit...

and i would say most were fixed in update released to day.
    03-01-13 01:14 AM
    Have you heard the audio quality of the iPHONE? No BB comes remotely close...you have no clue what you're talking about. Try making a phone call to the same person from an iPHONE and a Z10...if you can't tell the huge audio quality difference between the two, you need to go to an audiologist for a hearing exam. I have a Z10...and I actually like the device, but the OP is not wrong about this. I have had every BB device since 1999...and yes, they keep getting better, but the iPHONE does some things the BB will never do well, like audio quality. There's a reason that RIM has been losing huge market share for years. There's also a reason Apple almost killed them in a few short years.
    Wow, I'm shocked! A friend of mine in IT went from the iPhone5 to the Z10 and said the exact opposite!
    03-01-13 01:17 AM
    Maybe this was suggested already in another thread but i think in order to avoid more of these threads the mods should put together a "Known Issues" sticky thread with tips or links to "fix" them, similar to what they have in the playbook forum...these threads will only get worse once they release it in the u.s... I know once i get mine i will have plenty of questions (or not) and will be in crackberry looking for answers. It would be nice to find them all in one place instead of navigating from one thread to another.

...and yes, i know there is a tips and faqs forum for bb10 but i meant a sticky in the z10 forum since apparently most people go there to complain about every "issue" they have.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 03-01-13 at 03:12 AM.
    03-01-13 03:00 AM
143 ... 23456