Either help the OP with suggestions or move along. If I have remove more posts from the thread infractions will also be issued
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-27-13 08:26 PM
    *sigh*
    Yet another troll..."Oh, no, I'm not trying to be negative at all...but let me spew out a long diatribe about the Z10 I got..."
    Funny how these "Issues " posted don't reflect how most people's experience has been with Z10. Yet the OP figured that the most feasible solution would be to trade it in for an iPhone5. That makes all kinds of sense! No. Don't ask for help or if these were even common problems with the Z10 (no they're not...first I've heard of them)...just go on a rant about how crappy it was and let everyone know you went for an iPhone5. Go back to your cave, troll.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    djmm2 likes this.
    02-27-13 08:27 PM
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with much of what you said, but you will get flamed by the loyalist fanboys around here...so you should run for the hills!!!
    02-27-13 08:33 PM
    Interesting that you joined the forum and took all that time writing this long post when you had already got your iPhone 5.

Although it is great that the Z10 is getting all this buzz, I find it tiring to read all these " this is the first time I post here and I want to tell everyone why I hate my Z10 so I am going to take an hour to write a super-long post but I didn't have 5 minutes to ask the forum for help in case there was a simple fix" posts.

....sigh
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape? There isn't a fix for any one of the issues the OP has had...and you know it, Mr 17 posts.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    02-27-13 08:34 PM
    Have to say I'm a bit surprised to read the negative comments. Use mine for business everyday and it does what I need. Regarding mapping, if it gets used a lot, regardless of what you use, there will be times you are left scratching your head wondering why it chose the route it took.
    I often shake my head when I use my garmin too!!
    02-27-13 08:41 PM
    The sound quality of the Z10 is incredible. You most likely need a good stereo to appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    Have you heard the audio quality of the iPHONE? No BB comes remotely close...you have no clue what you're talking about. Try making a phone call to the same person from an iPHONE and a Z10...if you can't tell the huge audio quality difference between the two, you need to go to an audiologist for a hearing exam. I have a Z10...and I actually like the device, but the OP is not wrong about this. I have had every BB device since 1999...and yes, they keep getting better, but the iPHONE does some things the BB will never do well, like audio quality. There's a reason that RIM has been losing huge market share for years. There's also a reason Apple almost killed them in a few short years.
    Rainforrest likes this.
    02-27-13 08:43 PM
    Maps worse than iphone? Did you ever try the apple map in ios6? The one with roads to nowhere, that nearly killed a group of people in Australia by giving them bad directions and leading them into the remote desert?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:45 PM
    My little girl has an iPhone 4s and is totally an apple fan girl.

While most of your complaints may be viable, even my apple fan girl knows the camera kicks I phones ***.

I would like to ask you to try again but I know apple have marketed the product to be the platform for the flocks.

Good to you and your iphone.
    Can't help but laugh at this "Regarding iphones supposed better audio quality. Is that a joke?

Posted via CB10
    buwee and melb_me like this.
    I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with media. I couldn't add the songs I want to play list because comparing with bb7, it doesn't do what I want. Like I want to sort the album, it sorts the singer. The only thing I want is a album!! But i sideloaded win amp and it's good.

For freeze paid apps, I don't pay apps for Android port. Make sure the apps you pay aren't andriod port. Andriod port can never compare with native. Some functions are definitely missing. It can work as good as native but less likely depends on the developers.

I agree 50% of the focus problem only on super close up. I usually take closeup picture of a couple of mm in dimension. And it's hard to focus. I don't know if it applies to other phones too. It'll be great if it has macro mode but I can't find it.

Alarm, you can use calendar as some members suggested, or you can use circle alarm (sideloaded). I have to say this is one of the very few port apps that works flawlessly.

Other than that, I think your phone does have problem. Try to update your firmware see if it helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:47 PM
    Have you heard the audio quality of the iPHONE? No BB comes remotely close...you have no clue what you're talking about. Try making a phone call to the same person from an iPHONE and a Z10...if you can't tell the huge audio quality difference between the two, you need to go to an audiologist for a hearing exam. I have a Z10...and I actually like the device, but the OP is not wrong about this. I have had every BB device since 1999...and yes, they keep getting better, but the iPHONE does some things the BB will never do well, like audio quality. There's a reason that RIM has been losing huge market share for years. There's also a reason Apple almost killed them in a few short years.
    Uh, sorry, but Apple products have always been known for their poor audio quality. Even their ipods, whenever they do any tests to see how accurately it reproduces sound, always find that they are the least accurate compared to all of their competitors. Please don't start with the "why are they the best selling mp3 players" argument. We all know what the masses think and what the reality is often do not coincide... Now I don't know about the iphone 5 compared to the z10, but you're making it seem like there's some long-standing apple reputation for sound quality that nobody can argue about...
    bigbikeguy likes this.
    02-27-13 09:20 PM
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape? There isn't a fix for any one of the issues the OP has had...and you know it, Mr 17 posts.
    8 times as many posts as he had....but who's counting.

My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp

If I was having a problem with my 5 day old phone I would be browsing the Crackberry site and perhaps asking if there were any suggestions (such as reloading the OS) I wouldn't be posting a long blog after I got my new iPhone about what was wrong with my BB.
    02-27-13 09:29 PM
    I have not experienced many of the bugs listed here. I find the BB10 OS runs very small smooth for the most part and given my experience with the ipad, it too has OS flaws.

Posted via CB10
    sooman54 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:32 PM
    What about the following glitches on iphone 5. Problems connecting to wifi, screen not swiping at times, maps, repeated security flaws, scratching on the shell, and a few others i dont remember, cause i dont care to dig.. I used my sis' and no glitches, keyboard was insane, i dont even know how you will go from z10 to an iphone keyboard....
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-27-13 09:39 PM
    To the OP

I suggest you try reloading the OS. If that doesn't work, there's something wrong with your phone, as some of your problems haven't been seen before in BB land.
    02-27-13 09:40 PM
    Arggg, people like this drive me nuts. My Z10 is awesome. Spew your hate somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:40 PM
    You can have an alarm for every minute of the day if you set them as reminders in the calendar.
    Why are you defending a design flaw that every single phone OS must have on release?

Interesting that you joined the forum and took all that time writing this long post when you had already got your iPhone 5.

Although it is great that the Z10 is getting all this buzz, I find it tiring to read all these " this is the first time I post here and I want to tell everyone why I hate my Z10 so I am going to take an hour to write a super-long post but I didn't have 5 minutes to ask the forum for help in case there was a simple fix" posts.

....sigh
    So you have to read every single one of these posts? Is someone next to you with a gun to your head forcing you to read these? As the guy said, he owned Blackberries in the past and was a huge fan and wanted to share his experience with owning a Z10. That is it.

Well, I am a Bold 9900 user and am anxiously waiting for the Q10 to come to the USA, but at the same time, I'm not going to be blinded by devotion. This is a new OS afterall. Rarely is there anything brand new that doesn't have bugs. So isntead of getting mad that someone had a bad experience with the phone, why not provide an explanation to some of the concerns? Even though the OP already exchanged the phone, it's still good for those of us who are still waiting for the phone to read the possible bugs or glitches and if there are any fixes for them...
    Exactly.It is helpful to those who have not yet bought one and are researching.

Z10 is the first generation. 1st gen iPhone sucks. If you want to compare the Z10 with iPhone 1 there is no comparison.

Maybe you should have browse the forum before you purchased the z10 and then complain about. It would have saved me typing this reply.
    So BB10 can't compare to Android or iOS even though it is supposedly perfect and infaliable? That's right. Compare to OSs 5 years ago. That's what everyone is doing!

Also, with 4 posts, I'd wager that you specifically joined this site to make this crap thread that isn't seeking help, but just plain whining.

I don't blame you though, I blame the mods here at crackberry for not making a minimum posts requirement to start new threads. Very stupid on their part.
    Uh oh, everyone! Get on your tin foil hats! It's an attempt by Apple and Google to spread misinformation! Even though these concerns are valid, they are still lies! The OP is absolutely here to spread misinformation! He has after all only tried and used a Z10 and has had problems! Still a liar and a Google operative!

LOL@ one alarm. Calendar. It's what real business people use to be notified throughout the day.
    This is the stupidest excuse I've heard for defending one alarm. My Nokia 920 has as many alarms as I want. I can also have as many reminders as I want on my calendar. It wasn't some ingenious design by Blackberry to make you use your calendar, it was because they ran out of time. This is what they mean by "perfecting the OS." You want to tout a modern OS? Modern OSs can set multiple alarms. Stop making excuses for a BASIC feature that has been lost due to ineptitude.

Sweet logic for switching brands. You know, if your story was true.

Posted via CB10
    If you actually read his thread, you'd know he had previous blackberries and wanted to come back. My god reading comprehension for the populace is going down the tubes.

*sigh*
    Yet another troll..."Oh, no, I'm not trying to be negative at all...but let me spew out a long diatribe about the Z10 I got..."
    Funny how these "Issues " posted don't reflect how most people's experience has been with Z10. Yet the OP figured that the most feasible solution would be to trade it in for an iPhone5. That makes all kinds of sense! No. Don't ask for help or if these were even common problems with the Z10 (no they're not...first I've heard of them)...just go on a rant about how crappy it was and let everyone know you went for an iPhone5. Go back to your cave, troll.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    It's because in Crackberry everything is happy and there are bunny rabbits and sunshine everywhere! No one has issues!

If you censor all negative press of the Z10 then "most people" becomes true. No one wants to speak out because of the accusations of "troll" and the insulting. You start living in a bubble where all you hear is happiness and all the trolls are crucified. It's amazing how if you quell all negativity, all you hear is positivity, huh? My god..

Maps worse than iphone? Did you ever try the apple map in ios6? The one with roads to nowhere, that nearly killed a group of people in Australia by giving them bad directions and leading them into the remote desert?

Posted via CB10
    You might want to actually find that mythical article to check on its validity. Just because you've heard it from a fan-person, doesn't mean it's true.

Can't help but laugh at this "Regarding iphones supposed better audio quality. Is that a joke?

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever listened to music on an iPhone?

Arggg, people like this drive me nuts. My Z10 is awesome. Spew your hate somewhere else.

Posted via CB10
    Because people aren't allowed to have opinions and feel let down by a company that they loved in the past?

To the OP. My Nokia 920 is an amazing phone and I have had no issues with it. I also know however that there are phones in every batch that are duds. Some of your points are flaws of the OS but some could just be due to you receiving a dud. If you find that your iPhone does what you want then that is great. I wish you the best of luck but I would suggest next time that if you really did want to stick with the Z10 that you find help on the forums first. I know these Blacksheep aren't the nicest and will spew back, "Well my phone doesn't do that!" there are some on here that are logical and very patient. I wish you the best.
    02-27-13 10:11 PM
    Jdhooghe- Yes I have, my 15yr old son has one. Why do you ask? 2-Z10's, 2-iphones and 2 droids in my household and I'm lucky enough to own one of the Z10's. I've listened to them all and in my opinion the sound quality is much better on the Z10. I am allowed my own opinion am I not? Have you heard the sound quality on the Z10 or any other phones for that matter?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:29 PM
    I agree the maps on the z10 could be improved however google maps app is avail for download. Besides that, the phone has been incredible. Its also nice to chat on BBM again.. The screen share is brilliant (used it off 4g network) and it worked amazingly. The few little quirks will be sorted out soon I'm sure.

Oh yeah, the keyboard is BY FAR the best touchscreen keyboard on the market. HANDS DOWN.
    sooman54 likes this.
    02-27-13 10:30 PM
    Google Maps for iPhone is here: how data and design beat Apple | The Verge

"Compared to Apple's Maps app, Google Maps clearly wins on the data front, with complete mass transit directions and fewer of the accuracy issues that have plagued the built-in app. What's more intriguing is that Google Maps also matches (or beats, depending on your taste) Apple Maps in its speed, design, and overall aesthetics. It's the combination of massive and accurate data with a well-made app that makes Google's offering so compelling.

Google Maps for iOS is the best-designed maps app on any platform and challenges even Google Maps on Android for speed. That sounds like hyperbole, but on the iPhone 5 the new Google Maps app seems faster and is definitely better-designed than even Google Maps on Android."
    02-27-13 10:37 PM
    I haven't had any of those problems. I've tested the camera even with Toronto's recent overcast and the pictures have come out great ( better than the 4S I had previously). I'm surprised to see so many of these negative posts.
    02-27-13 10:44 PM
    He already change the Z10 for an iPhone.. don't understand why you ppl are telling him how to fix the issues that he can't fix anymore........
    02-27-13 10:53 PM
    @jdhooghe

Oh, I read his post, but thanks for your concern about my reading comprehension, champ.

My point stands: if the OP was tickled pink with his iPhone, why go back to a brand he had been unhappy with previously, then - after deciding that he'd made a mistake - go to a BlackBerry enthusiast site and rip the product, particularly after he'd already made it clear that he no longer had his Z10. He quite obviously didn't come here to learn if there were fixes for his issues, nor to see if someone could help him with his problems. He came here to dump on the Z10.

Yet, you find it strange that people - on a BlackBerry enthusiast site - actually have the nerve to defend the Z10?

Amazing.
    02-28-13 12:02 AM
    Cool story bro.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 12:08 AM
    Lol, i find it hilarious some of the BB enthusiasts here. If you did not see my earlier mentioned, i ONLY had BB products, only to move to IOS not by choice because of blackberry's flaws. I decided to go back to BB to give them another chance. Yes maybe the one might have been a dud, but take a look around the forum and tell me im the only one mentioning these problems. Im only highlighting the problems on my FIRST Z10 EXPERIENCE. I waited how many years for BB to come out with their saviour?!? Thanks but no thanks. I just wanted to put out my piece maybe there are fixes, but i do not have hours in my days to search for fixes from a phone i just bought, and by the way even ROGERS CSR told me she had problems with her own Z10 thats why they let me exchange back to the Iphone....
    02-28-13 12:09 AM
143 1234 ...