I recently just upgraded from Rogers from the Iphone 4s to the Z10. I was excited because I had about 4 different blackberries before the Iphone and gave them another chance to hopefully change my perceptions on the brand. The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.

My initial thoughts of the Z10

-Great screen
    -Great keyboard, love the predicting text
    -Liked the expandable memory as I can load all my music and movies on the 64 gig SD card
    -Even going off on my friends to switch over

5 days later with using the phone you start realizing the software flaws and glitches

- Phone starts freezing during calls and cannot end call, only way to get out of it is to reset the phone
    -Media library is horrendous, no way to make play lists on BlackBerry Link and need to select the songs manually on the phone- the most annoying if you want to make a big playlist- the computer does not even recognize my phone 50% of the time I plug it in and need to reset my device
    - My phone pulled a bunch of NBA logos and pictures from the NBA website as I was browsing and I couldn't delete them off my photo album, every time I delete them they still show as well I could not delete them manually when connected to my comp
    - I've downloaded multiple apps and PAID for them and they don't even work properly, either laggy or crashing or freezing, ex Asphalt 7 and chasing yellow. I understand that might be the game software problem however I have never had a problem with any apps I've downloaded on iphone
    -It is such a pain in the *** to select back to a specific word to edit as it takes a few tries to get the specific spot
    - ONE alarm!!!? - Big no no for business people who need to be alarmed certain times throughout the day
    - Speaker is horrible compared to the IPhone
    - Camera is low quality compared to Iphone and hard to focus
    -Maps is horrible - lead me to the route that had the MOST traffic in Toronto. Luckily I know my way around and did not take Their "Fastest recommended route". And yes I sideloaded Google Maps and my GPS signal kept on dropping hence I resorted back to the native map app.

I am sure there are little things I am missing however for a customer to take the jump from IOS and give BlackBerry a new chance, these problems cannot happen 5 days into using the phone. Thank god Rogers did an exception to upgrade me back to Iphone 5 after hours of talking to management and not to give me another Z10

I am not trying to come on here and be negative about the phone but do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the phone until these software problems get sorted out or if even it ever does.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:52 PM
    I am planning to do the same upgrade. Hopefully they will have these early bugs worked out by US release
    claffeeba likes this.
    02-27-13 06:26 PM
    02-27-13 06:28 PM
    You can have an alarm for every minute of the day if you set them as reminders in the calendar.
    02-27-13 06:30 PM
    Interesting that you joined the forum and took all that time writing this long post when you had already got your iPhone 5.

Although it is great that the Z10 is getting all this buzz, I find it tiring to read all these " this is the first time I post here and I want to tell everyone why I hate my Z10 so I am going to take an hour to write a super-long post but I didn't have 5 minutes to ask the forum for help in case there was a simple fix" posts.

....sigh
    02-27-13 07:17 PM
    Well, I am a Bold 9900 user and am anxiously waiting for the Q10 to come to the USA, but at the same time, I'm not going to be blinded by devotion. This is a new OS afterall. Rarely is there anything brand new that doesn't have bugs. So isntead of getting mad that someone had a bad experience with the phone, why not provide an explanation to some of the concerns? Even though the OP already exchanged the phone, it's still good for those of us who are still waiting for the phone to read the possible bugs or glitches and if there are any fixes for them...
    02-27-13 07:31 PM
    Might as well make use of the forum to give insight before I send back my phone

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 07:32 PM
    Sounds like you got a dud...my Z10 has had none of those problems, and is as stable as any phone I've ever used. There's been a couple slight quirks that I've noticed and quickly found there to be fixes available or in the pipeline for the first update, but on the whole, the phone is a dream to use...the features and apps work amazingly well for a 1st generation device, better than a lot of much more mature products.

*edit* - (now I see that OP joined recently and first contribution to the community is a long-winded and mostly baseless bash post...nevermind)
    02-27-13 07:40 PM
    Lol funny you think I'm a troll when I'm just sharing my experience with the phone. Like I said there are things that are good, unfortunately these problems happen with a lot of ppl with the phone

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 07:41 PM
    While I admit that there are a few problems, you haven't quite identified issues with the iPhone either. For example, try to forward a calendar invite. Try to set up a meeting and see the availability of the invitees. There are tons of bugs with the iPhone - for weeks we couldn't accept a meeting request because of IOS software bugs. Apparently, there is another security bug related to the lock screen. Point is that iPhone has bugs too and they are on V6.1.2.
    For me, calls have not hung so perhaps there is a problem with the unit. I had an iPhone 4s and haven't looked back!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 07:45 PM
    Z10 is the first generation. 1st gen iPhone sucks. If you want to compare the Z10 with iPhone 1 there is no comparison.

Maybe you should have browse the forum before you purchased the z10 and then complain about. It would have saved me typing this reply.
    sooman54, raymond and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-27-13 07:47 PM
    Must of had a dud or something, I've had my z10 for 2 weeks now and don't have 1 problem that you listed, phone does nor freeze whike making calls and ending them, as far as music and making play lists I don't know because I listen to music here and their. I find the native gps and maps work absolutely fine for me. I am a courier and use the gps everyday and it guides me where I want to go efficiently without signal losses. For all the apps that I downloaded they work as they should. I always read the reviews prior to installing. I browse the Web on it every day and don't experiance issues with logos and stuff that being downloaded when it shouldn't. I'm not saying that phone is perfect but so far it's been great for me and don't miss my 9900 at all.

Posted via CB10
    sooman54, aragone79 and claffeeba like this.
    02-27-13 07:51 PM
    its clear theres a software update coming, people like to act like its the end of the world to learn something new? Nothing sounds unmanageable!
    02-27-13 07:53 PM
    *not trying to be negative* ... *lists a list of only negatives*

Just so you know, many of those things are not experienced by the majority of users. There's something wrong with your phone.
    02-27-13 07:56 PM
    Also, with 4 posts, I'd wager that you specifically joined this site to make this crap thread that isn't seeking help, but just plain whining.

I don't blame you though, I blame the mods here at crackberry for not making a minimum posts requirement to start new threads. Very stupid on their part.
    02-27-13 07:58 PM
    Lol funny you think I'm a troll when I'm just sharing my experience with the phone. Like I said there are things that are good, unfortunately these problems happen with a lot of ppl with the phone
    The point is the types of problems you were having AREN'T happening with a lot of ppl with this phone. Which is why yours probably had some problems specific to your unit and an exchange probably would have fixed you up.

.... and the problem with automatically downloaded and undeleteable NBA logos is, frankly, hard to swallow.
    agp101, collinc93, d_abes and 2 others like this.
    02-27-13 08:00 PM
    A Lot of people come here at talk trash that's not even happening to their phones on purpose. Some post I see just boggle my mind what people are experiencing

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and agp101 like this.
    02-27-13 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10

Name 10 people having problems...thats allot isn't it? I had a 4s before this Z, love it and it's only going to get better.
    02-27-13 08:06 PM
    boy you better have your flame suit on
    i did exactly the opposite of your upgrade path and even though i havent experienced any of your problems, it has more to offer (other than apps) than the other fruit company.
    also to add, my first iphone 5 had serious battery problems while my second iphone 5 had wifi issues making me unable to connect or remember any networks.
    02-27-13 08:08 PM
    LOL@ one alarm. Calendar. It's what real business people use to be notified throughout the day.
    02-27-13 08:08 PM
    "Camera is low quality and hard to focus".
    Wow! Did you actually use it? It works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-27-13 08:11 PM
    I was an iphone 4 user for 2.5 years before I got my z10. Yes there are a few glitches, but overall the phone is much faster and I am happy with it. Remember the original iphone? All the problems and restrictions it had along the way? Z10 is miles ahead for a first generation operating system. It has learned from the mistakes of ios and android, and in my opinion will be a strong competitor. Bugs will be resolved. Hardware is hardware.

Posted via CB10
    BoldWorld likes this.
    02-27-13 08:13 PM
    Have to say I'm a bit surprised to read the negative comments. Use mine for business everyday and it does what I need. Regarding mapping, if it gets used a lot, regardless of what you use, there will be times you are left scratching your head wondering why it chose the route it took.
    02-27-13 08:15 PM
    The Iphone treated me well, no major software problems and no headaches for over a year.
    Sweet logic for switching brands. You know, if your story was true.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and ibpluto like this.
    02-27-13 08:18 PM
    The sound quality of the Z10 is incredible. You most likely need a good stereo to appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:25 PM
143 123 ...