I'm about to unbox my Verizon z10 tomorrow, and I know already that it's OS is out of date. 10.0.9.something WTF??? How come the carrier has to validate the BB updates, they don't seem to have to validate the iOS updates. It feels like when a new iOS comes out, EVERYONE HAS IT INSTALLED WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS. Blackberry builds the hardware, so does Apple. Please don't tell me it's because Verizon has to make sure their ****ty pre-installed apps have to work with perfectly with the new OS.

thanks for any insight.

this community is not going to tolerate waiting for 10.0.10... or 10.1 when it comes out. that's silly
    03-28-13 08:09 PM
    Because Apple has a lot of power over carriers. BlackBerry just isn't in the position to have similar power right now, so if the carriers want to do testing, they have to play ball.
    03-28-13 08:10 PM
    First BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:11 PM
    Because Apple has a lot of power over carriers. BlackBerry just isn't in the position to have similar power right now, so if the carriers want to do testing, they have to play ball.
    Yup. Even android has to play ball

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:12 PM
    One difference with Blackberry though, if an OS comes out for your model, you really don't have to wait for your carrier.
    03-28-13 09:19 PM
    One difference with Blackberry though, if an OS comes out for your model, you really don't have to wait for your carrier.
    How do you figure? BlackBerry doesn't even have a xda presence.
    03-28-13 09:31 PM