I believe (but could be wrong) that Z10 STL100-1 phones cannot be upgraded (autoloaded) to the latest OS 3.3.3216 but all of STL100-2 to 4 can be. I have a couple of 2s and 4s. The microphone aperture on 2s seems to include a strip of fabric; on 4s there is a much neater integrated plastic grid architecture.
    There is no difference in utility between 2s and 4s that I have been able to discern. Is it just a matter of differing (and presumably expanfdng) phone service capsbility?
    Incidentally, one 2 is still cellophane wrapped unused, others are used but very well cared for. Is there any market or do all of us diehards have as many machines, and more, as we are ever going to wsnt?
    01-22-21 12:57 AM
    You are correct about the OS capabilities of the STL100-1.

It has the TI OMAP4470 dual-core CPU. While the -2 through 4 models all run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus CPU.

TI (Texas Instruments) pretty much got out of the CPU business just as the Z10 came out. By the time 10.3.3. was released, BlackBerry decided to no longer included their one TI device. I don't know if it was because of driver issues, or they just didn't want to include the one odd-ball for a totally separate OS line.

Besides the CPU difference, the -1 was the only non-LTE BB10 phone. All the other sub-models were identical except the LTE band support. Each of the remaining 3 models were meant for different areas of the world based on the LTE bands each one supported. There's some overlap, each one does have bands the other one does not.
    01-22-21 01:55 AM