I know there are probably some threads that discuss this issue. My problem is that I've deleted apps and some music but it still says 11.6 gigs used up and 11.2 of those gigs is "Other Data" which i don't understand. How can I free up some space? I don't want to resort to a security wipe, but if that's the only way then one might have to consider it!

Internal storage space running low-img_00000302.png
    Please help!

Posted via The Fantastic Z10
    08-04-13 03:05 PM
    Other data = apps

Got a lot on your phone that you are not using? Uninstall it and you should get some space back

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 03:11 PM
    im thinking those are all saved messages from all types of sources (text, email, fb, bbm, whatsapp) etc
    08-04-13 03:12 PM
    What I did was out as much as I can on my media card like music, pics and so on. I keep my hub pretty clean by deleting all of it from time to time and it seems to help. Also backing up your device and doing a wipe and restoring it would make the biggest difference if you wanted to. I originally had my other data at 13.8gb and basically had no more room for anything and I felt like I barely had anything on my device. Since having to reload my OS because I soft bricked my z10 a while back I have do what I posted earlier about saving everything to the media card and it's been working quite well. With the same amount of stuff on my device, actually more stuff now then before and my memory space us great. In total I am using 5.5 gb on the device where as I was at full memory before with less stuff on the device. Also I believe with 10.2 it has the apps manager like in bios so you can see what apps are using up space.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    Karabo26 likes this.
    08-04-13 04:18 PM
    Check Dropbox to see if any files have a pin on the top right if their icon. This happened go me, it tried to download my entire Dropbox folder onto my phone!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 04:26 PM
    Some games and apps are gigabytes in size. Those are calculated in "other data".

- aBBuser
    08-04-13 05:15 PM
    What I did was out as much as I can on my media card like music, pics and so on. I keep my hub pretty clean by deleting all of it from time to time and it seems to help. Also backing up your device and doing a wipe and restoring it would make the biggest difference if you wanted to. I originally had my other data at 13.8gb and basically had no more room for anything and I felt like I barely had anything on my device. Since having to reload my OS because I soft bricked my z10 a while back I have do what I posted earlier about saving everything to the media card and it's been working quite well. With the same amount of stuff on my device, actually more stuff now then before and my memory space us great. In total I am using 5.5 gb on the device where as I was at full memory before with less stuff on the device. Also I believe with 10.2 it has the apps manager like in bios so you can see what apps are using up space.

Thanks, that sounds like a solution. What version of 10.2 are you running?

08-04-13 11:33 PM
    Go to the app world and delete all the apps that you've uninstalled but are still available. It should be under the "available" tab.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 01:49 AM
    Thanks, that sounds like a solution. What version of 10.2 are you running?

The newest leak. 10.2.0.1047

08-06-13 02:49 PM
    Some games and apps are gigabytes in size. Those are calculated in "other data".

- aBBuser
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:12 PM