in an email or something where you see someone's address that is not in your address book. press and hold to pull the menu and select "add to contacts" which is the book with little arrow. Rather than creating a new entry for that person it just loads the address book....no moving of the email address into a new contact form to complete. User error?
    02-20-13 03:05 PM
    Don't think it's a bug...but u did just find another shortcut for me. thanks!
    02-20-13 03:14 PM
    in an email or something where you see someone's address that is not in your address book. press and hold to pull the menu and select "add to contacts" which is the book with little arrow. Rather than creating a new entry for that person it just loads the address book....no moving of the email address into a new contact form to complete. User error?
    It brings you to the list of your contacts so you can add it to one of those or at the very bottom select the New Contact symbol to create a new contact with that address.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-20-13 03:18 PM
    I just tried this and it's a really cool shortcut. If you're on BES10 it even gives you the option to choose between personal and work for where to add the new contact.
    02-20-13 03:25 PM
    ya but it doesn't carry over the address of the person in question! Every prior OS does this.
    02-20-13 03:37 PM
    ya but it doesn't carry over the address of the person in question! Every prior OS does this.
    What doesn't carry over to the address of what person in what question?

If you were replying to me and saying that when you select New Contact, or select an existing contact that the email address doesn't show up in that new or existing listing then yes it does. It defaults to Email Address>Work, but you can easily touch "work" to change it to Personal or Other.
    02-20-13 03:54 PM
    ok! you were right....when it dumped me into the main contact list and not into a form I assumed it was just taking me to the contacts...I see now that it carries the address over once you decide to create a new one! Thanks. At least my dumbass question helped some people with a feature they didn't know about.
    02-20-13 06:20 PM
    ok! you were right....when it dumped me into the main contact list and not into a form I assumed it was just taking me to the contacts...I see now that it carries the address over once you decide to create a new one! Thanks. At least my dumbass question helped some people with a feature they didn't know about.
    Awesome. Glad you got it working.

On a related note what I find strange is the method above works for email addresses and for phone numbers but not for street addresses. It recognizes them as addresses but you can only open on Maps not save to contacts. If it is only going to do one then opening in maps is much preferable but I would like to be able to save to a contact as well.
    02-20-13 06:33 PM