Isn't there any plans to have instagram on z10?
    I want the original not an app!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 03:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    And here I was, thinking Instagram was an app. Oh, how wrong I was.

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-15-13 04:03 AM
    Trolololol

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz, MiSsY_, nah.uhh and 1 others like this.
    12-15-13 04:14 AM
    If you have bb, notice that in bbworld there are apps fot instagram not the original one

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 04:49 AM
    If you have bb, notice that in bbworld there are apps fot instagram not the original one

Posted via CB10
    If you read the forums, a Dev is creating a native Instagram app called iGrann.

There's a thread on it in this forum. You can sideload the beta version.

Simply Zeddin' It....
    12-15-13 05:11 AM
    Instagram IS an App and for your info am running the ORIGINAL Instagram 5.1 [Released 2 days ago or so] flawlessly on my Z10 running 10.2.1.xxxx
    We do take Apks these days you know
    12-15-13 05:30 AM
    Lol..
    U mean this?

Instagram-img_20131544.png

Posted via Awesome Aristo on CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-15-13 05:35 AM
    An official Instagram app is definitely required.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:23 AM
    An official Instagram app is definitely required.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there is a need for it. iGrann is offering much more than Instagram can offer.

Simply Zeddin' It....
    curvezzz and BroncoVAL like this.
    12-15-13 10:39 AM
    I meant the official app!
    I know instagram is an application :s

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:21 PM
    Hmm I have an official original IG app

Instagram-img_20132306.png

:shrugs:

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-15-13 01:43 PM
    The official app runs flawlessly on 10.2.1xxx through downloading the Android .apk, and runs quite well on the older OS through sideloading the .bar. Of course, it's understandable not everyone wants to install a leak but if you chose a BB you should have been prepared that nothing will be handed straight to you. The good news is you can pretty much have any app you want so long as you do a bit of work to get it.
    12-15-13 02:38 PM
    I don't think there is a need for it. iGrann is offering much more than Instagram can offer.

Simply Zeddin' It....
    iGrann is missing instagram filters. Which pretty much kills it for me. Appreciate the developers hard work, but having the filters are pretty integral to the instagram app.

BB native filters kind of suck.
    phoneaddict78 likes this.
    12-16-13 12:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    run 10.2.1
    download instagram .apk
    install .apk on phone
    profit
    12-16-13 12:14 AM
    iGrann is missing instagram filters. Which pretty much kills it for me. Appreciate the developers hard work, but having the filters are pretty integral to the instagram app.

BB native filters kind of suck.
    I like the native bb filters used in Igrann.

12-16-13 12:23 AM
    I like the native bb filters used in Igrann.

Agreed...

IGrann is Instagram on steroid.
    Download pics, regrann (repost) and so much more that ig couldn't match.
    What's more, I prefer local filters than ig's filter.

curvezzz and diegonei like this.
    12-16-13 12:37 AM
    No need to be so harsh guys.

BlackBerry would love to have Instagram on our platform but it's not in Instagram's best interest as of right now... due to our lack of user base. Who knows maybe one day.

I am frustrated too but the sideload is doing fine for me but would love an official one.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    miker476 likes this.
    12-16-13 03:04 AM
    Devs can never satisfy people. #SadTimes

Personally, iGrann is offering much more than the official Instagram app. The feature "Regrann" in iGrann is great, as it prevents from using another app to repost someone's post on Instagram.

The ability to use native filters and save pics and videos from Instagram (in iGrann) is also a very neat feature. Dark/light themes, modern/classic UI are all features that make iGrann better than Instagram.

Give the Dev more time and watch him add more and more features with each update.

Proud owner of the Q10 & Z10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-16-13 07:55 AM
    Agreed...

IGrann is Instagram on steroid.
    Download pics, regrann (repost) and so much more that ig couldn't match.
    What's more, I prefer local filters than ig's filter.

I've been trying to figure out how they are getting away with Regrann (repost). Since this is not part of the instagram makeup. Aren't people reposting someone else's pic as their own.
    12-16-13 03:05 PM
    I've been trying to figure out how they are getting away with Regrann (repost). Since this is not part of the instagram makeup. Aren't people reposting someone else's pic as their own.
    Well, Insta repost is also NOT supposed to be part of Instagram.
    It's a feature the Dev created to make it easier for us to repost just like how Insta repost did.

12-16-13 07:02 PM
    One of my biggest reason for wanting a native Instagram app is that I am concerned that instagram will suspend my current account for using 3rd party app to access my account.

I've been using iGrann on a secondary account to keep to date on the developer's progress. But I occasionally get instagram blocking me out of the account for suspicious logins. Little scared to ever use iGrann on my primary account.

Wondering if any body has experienced this with iGrann.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:19 PM
    One of my biggest reason for wanting a native Instagram app is that I am concerned that instagram will suspend my current account for using 3rd party app to access my account.

I've been using iGrann on a secondary account to keep to date on the developer's progress. But I occasionally get instagram blocking me out of the account for suspicious logins. Little scared to ever use iGrann on my primary account.

Wondering if any body has experienced this with iGrann.

Posted via CB10
    This only occurred to me when I used BlackGram. I haven't faced this issue with iGrann

Posted with the ? Q10 via CB10
    12-18-13 01:33 PM
    No need to be so harsh guys.

BlackBerry would love to have Instagram on our platform but it's not in [bold]Instagram's best interest as of right now...[/bold] due to our lack of user base. Who knows maybe one day.

I am frustrated too but the sideload is doing fine for me but would love an official one.

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    Which do you want first, the chicken or the egg? Does BB get more users if they pick up instagram, or does instagram get off its high horse and take the money BlackBerry wants to pay for the app?

Either way, it doesn't look either will happen so no one wins..

Posted on that WhiteBerry Z10 via ceebee 10
    12-18-13 02:32 PM
    There is a huge difference between a native instagram client and an apk or a dev made app. The general population knows big names like instagram or twitter. Not third party clients.

At the same time, the third party clients are something to be celebrated. Windows phone made it work and the devs made sure to stall the user base until a native instagram came out. It worked well and one of the third party apps (6tag) is better than the real instagram client, in my opinion.

To the users who believe instagram will block your account using other third party apps, they will not. I've used at least seven different third party instagram apps and never had an issue.

Igrann may be a good solution now, but until that general population sees a real instagram app, unfortunately it doesn't mean much for the incoming userbase.
    Last edited by apeterson93; 12-18-13 at 07:50 PM.
    12-18-13 03:09 PM
    Instagram is not going to block you. Windows phone has a few fully functional third party Instagram apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 03:15 PM
28 12