Hi Guys,
    Finally, got a second hand Verizon stl100-4 in good condition, here in Indonesia. The first thing I did is went to Smartfren Telecom, which is a CDMA operator, and they can't find a way to inject CDMA number to the handset. So I wonder, is there any guides/how to about this? So I can go to the operator, and show them how

Thanks,
    10-17-13 08:24 AM
    I don't think this is possible. HOWEVER if you can find a GSM carrier, your Z10 should already be unlocked (Verizon sold them that way), and should work except for LTE on their network.
    10-17-13 09:03 AM
    Hi,

Really? I hope its not true, because one of the reason I chose stl100-4 is because cdma. And, most of non-bb10 cdma devices, can be injected.

Thanks
    10-17-13 10:45 AM
    I don't know, see if you can get anything with the escreens.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:46 AM
    "Injected"? I think the issue is that CDMA carriers to not operate on the same frequencies, or are locked by carriers. Maybe... it would work if Verizon would cdma unlock the phone?

Not sure how accurate this is: http://wireless4life.net/cdma-information/
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-17-13 at 02:22 PM.
    10-17-13 02:04 PM
    Hi,
    Actually the phone is already unlocked. I'm able to use it using sim card, which is, gsm network. I'm curious if the cdma network is also useable.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:23 PM
    Hi,
    Actually the phone is already unlocked. I'm able to use it using sim card, which is, gsm network. I'm curious if the cdma network is also useable.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Right, the GSM side is unlocked, it comes that way. But the CDMA side is not.
    10-17-13 02:24 PM
    hi, i'm using this STL 04 too at Indonesia rite now,
    the problem is, how to open setting up for the CDMA, so the operator CDMA can setting up for the PRL and input the ESN.

anyone know this issue?
    10-22-13 08:17 AM
    hi, i'm using this STL 04 too at Indonesia rite now,
    the problem is, how to open setting up for the CDMA, so the operator CDMA can setting up for the PRL and input the ESN.

anyone know this issue?
    From what I understand the CDMA carrier change is not simple. Since there is no SIM card on the CDMA side, I believe there is a fixed module or something that needs to be flashed by the new carrier. Thus allowing it to work on their system. In other words it's not a matter of just unlocking the CDMA side, it's still not going to be compatible. I believe your new carrier must do this. Have you asked your new carrier about allowing your ESN?

This may inform: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/46...ne-work-sprint
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-22-13 at 11:24 AM.
    10-22-13 11:09 AM
    From what I understand the CDMA carrier change is not simple. Since there is no SIM card on the CDMA side, I believe there is a fixed module or something that needs to be flashed by the new carrier. Thus allowing it to work on their system. In other words it's not a matter of just unlocking the CDMA side, it's still not going to be compatible. I believe your new carrier must do this. Have you asked your new carrier about allowing your ESN?

This may inform: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/46...ne-work-sprint
    ESN + mobile number = A Key , this code must be input to the phone we want to active our CDMA number.

The question is:
    "how to put A Key code to blackberry Z10 so it can active our CDMA number?"

In indonesia, we can ask AKey to carrier operator or other word, we can get any AKey from CDMA operator carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    10-22-13 07:59 PM
    ESN + mobile number = A Key , this code must be input to the phone we want to active our CDMA number.

The question is:
    "how to put A Key code to blackberry Z10 so it can active our CDMA number?"

In indonesia, we can ask AKey to carrier operator or other word, we can get any AKey from CDMA operator carrier.

Right, but from what I understand Verizon first has to unlock the phone. In the states, since Sprint and Verizon use the same frequencies, in theory you would then only need to get Sprint to accept your ESN. (And in the link I provided that part is discussed). However, are the frequencies with your local carrier compatible with your Z10?

Also, if your phones needs to be flashed, I presume your new carrier needs to do this. What does your new carrier have to say?
    10-22-13 08:27 PM
    Right, but from what I understand Verizon first has to unlock the phone. In the states, since Sprint and Verizon use the same frequencies, in theory you would then only need to get Sprint to accept your ESN. (And in the link I provided that part is discussed). However, are the frequencies with your local carrier compatible with your Z10?

Also, if your phones needs to be flashed, I presume your new carrier needs to do this. What does your new carrier have to say?
    Frequency at indonesia have 2 operator CDMA which is i use it :
    telkom run on 800 and the other run 1900, so it can suitable for sprint and verizon phone.

The phone i ever tried and running well till now at indonesia:
    Blackberry 9930 verizon and sprint
    Blackberry Storm 2 verizon
    Blackberry essex 1 and 2 verizon
    Motorola admiral sprint
    Motorola droid x2 verizon
    Motorola droid razr verizon
    Kyocera duramax sprint
    Kyocera duraplus sprint
    Kyocera torque sprint
    Iphone 4 verizon
    Blackberry z10 verizon ( until now only can use at GSM carrier at indonesia)

10-22-13 08:43 PM
    Are you saying that this is a list of phones you have tried and they work on your local carrier, CDMA? If so I do not see why the Z10 can't. Is it that the carrier is refusing your ESN?
    10-23-13 08:55 AM
    Yes, it's my list for the phone I ever tried on CDMA network at Indonesia. They all working well.

No, they (operator carrier) didn't refuse, but they have a problem in setting (how to input the data-inject AKEY inside Z10) til now, they have no clue how to do it.

Any suggest or input how to open the setting on Z10?

I've ever tried update leaked OS 10.2.1.xxx
    And have a full option on network (Global,GSM,CDMA), but when I choose CDMA, nothing happen, signal is always blank (condition SIM card inside), so I went back to Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1791.

I will try again and ask 1 operator carrier to help study it on this weekend

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:00 PM
    Yes, this is a very interesting thread, please keep us up to date. But for sure Verizon has unlocked your CDMA side?
    10-25-13 11:27 AM
    Another question which I think someone already asked before is if you had gotten a clean ESN phone?
    10-25-13 11:52 AM
    See if there are any options for this on the escreen

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 02:25 PM

I could be wrong but doesn't Sprint and Verizon's CDMA differ? They both run on CDMA but "different frequencies"

Trusted Member Genius
    10-26-13 03:47 AM
    I could be wrong but doesn't Sprint and Verizon's CDMA differ? They both run on CDMA but "different frequencies"

Trusted Member Genius
    From what I've read they run the same, but the phone needs to be unlocked. And, according to the OP, his new carrier does as well. In the past he has successfully moved phones over from Verizon to his new carrier. The issue is with his Z10.
    10-26-13 04:16 AM
    Updated on my Z10 and Q10 verizon:
    Indonesia's CDMA operator which I already tried to use this handheld :
    1. Telkom : can run voice call only, can't do data. Using micro RUIM.
    2. Smartfren: can run voice and data, only BBM can't run (locked by BlackBerry) . Using micro RUIM.
    Until now, both operator can't run normally BlackBerry services.

From smartfren operator, they said :
    BlackBerry locked bbm services. Not Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:09 AM
    Updated on my Z10 and Q10 verizon:
    Indonesia's CDMA operator which I already tried to use this handheld :
    1. Telkom : can run voice call only, can't do data. Using micro RUIM.
    2. Smartfren: can run voice and data, only BBM can't run (locked by BlackBerry) . Using micro RUIM.
    Until now, both operator can't run normally BlackBerry services.

From smartfren operator, they said :
    BlackBerry locked bbm services. Not Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    Well... my first impression is you are dealing with confused people. For the Series 10 phones there are no BBerry services (no BIS) and since you are not running on a corporate account (BES)... What the heck has a removable user identity module (RUIM or R-UIM) card got to do with anything? This is simply designed to allow a CDMA phone to use GSM. If your carriers are saying BBM, and they mean BBerry Messaging? still have no idea what they are talking about. If they are trying to put your Z10 on a BIS service (like old BBery phones) it will not work. You need a regular data plan.
    11-09-13 04:52 PM
    @scrannel:
    Yes, you're right about Bis and Bes, it's not work on BB10.
    This is our experienced at Z10 and Q10 verizon in Indonesia :

1. If we are using micro sim card (gsm) any gsm operator, all function is working normally; voice, data, BBM and everything.
    2. If we need to use CDMA network; in Indonesia, operator can't do setting up number (inject) it's different from BlackBerry OS. So we try to put RUIM (micro) to try CDMA network. And it working but only voice call. We try 2 CDMA operator : 1st operator can do voice and data working (but can't make bbm working normal-not work, browsing and others working but bbm won't)
    2nd operator using micro ruim too, but only voice can, the data wasn't work at all.
    Until now, only can use gsm if we want to fully function.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:19 PM
    BES will work,, but you're not using it. I know we've mentioned this before, but are you certain the CDMA side isn't locked by Verizon? Also, will your local carriers accept the Z10'a ESN?
    11-09-13 10:15 PM
    It's more like this:

In bb10, if you want to use Verizon network at USA, it must using a sim card right?
    If we put out the sim card, the device will ask to put the sim card so it will searching for network and working normally. The device will known the right sim card. Either is gsm sim card or its Verizon sim card.

Is not about operator accept the z10 esn, but..
    Can z10 Verizon read our local ruim? And allow it to use data on z10. That's the problem on CDMA side now.
    On gsm side, it's totally unlocked and don't have any problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:32 PM
    Hi pico, which leak os are you using on your bb z10?

It's more like this:

In bb10, if you want to use Verizon network at USA, it must using a sim card right?
    If we put out the sim card, the device will ask to put the sim card so it will searching for network and working normally. The device will known the right sim card. Either is gsm sim card or its Verizon sim card.

Is not about operator accept the z10 esn, but..
    Can z10 Verizon read our local ruim? And allow it to use data on z10. That's the problem on CDMA side now.
    On gsm side, it's totally unlocked and don't have any problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:22 PM
28 12