Dear All,

I am jago 1978 and this is my first post here.
    I hope my seach was correct and nobody else already posted such a question I am going to put here.

There are two issues:

- I have a z10 (I like it a lot), but sometimes when I go for an extraction from the magnetic holster it reboots, seems like the change between "sleep mode" and "active mode" makes Magnum (my z10) to become crazy, is it something happening just to me or somebody else already experienced?

- I am Italian, carrier is TIM, I use for the line 3g & 2g, but when I am in a call signal say "gsm" instead of previous "H" and then all data are disabled, is it normal? That means I cannot speack and receive or send a mail contemporaneusly. Is it only for the 3g &2g setting and should I only change into 3g? In any case I dunno understand why if I have and "H" telephone plus data if I have a call it dowgrades me..

In any case, thanks in advance for your help. I am relatively new of BB, first one was a Storm2, so I have some curiosities and some things that i do not know, so please be patient if sometimes I say something that is obvious for you.

Thanks..
    09-25-13 09:42 AM
    Sorry, I was meaning magnetic pocket pouch

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:17 AM
    Rebooting when removing it from the magnetic holster should not happen. I don't know what would cause it. How often does it happen?

I can't answer the other question.

And WELCOME to Crackberry
    09-25-13 11:55 AM
    What OS version do you have have? OS 10.0.X.X had spontaneous reboot issues. I haven't heard of it being associated with the magnet though. Maybe try checking for Software Updates (Settings, Software Updates, Check for Updates).
    Regarding the signal reducing to gsm during calls, that shouldn't happen. Maybe your hand and head or blocking signal when you are talking...? Try speaker. Aside from that, I would say that you should call your carrier.
    09-25-13 12:26 PM
    Jago -- YES, I am having a similar issue. I am on T-mo USA with the latest MR installed (4780). Have had several reboots associated with using the magnetic holster.
    09-26-13 02:13 AM
    I might have an answer. Is it possible that the case is too tight and causing the power button to be pressed while in case thus making it power off? And maybe removing it from case causes it to power on? My plastic holster did that to me a few times from not clicking it in all the way. The part that locks phone in literally sits above power button. Hope this is your issue especially since the days of random reboots are over (thank god)

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:39 AM
    Hallo everybody,
    I am sorry, but it is not the holster, but the Leather pocket pouch, with the magnet inside. The tipycal BB protection which is the best elegant way....

Regarding my data:

Thanks for the help..
    09-26-13 06:04 AM
    I know what "pouch" you're talking about, and no it's got nothing to do with the "tightness". I've been using the pouch since I bought the phone on release in the USA and this is recent.
    09-26-13 06:31 AM
    I have a sedio case and holster with a magnet, and it never reboots when removed, so I don't think it's because of the magnet itself. I'm on att 10.1.0.2009

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:20 AM
    I've been using the Blackberry Microfiber Pocket with the magnet feature without any reboots whatsoever, running OS 10.2.0.1725 with T-Mobile........

09-26-13 09:53 AM
    The only issue I have is the camera activating when holstering and accidental dialing or hangups when holstering. Does anyone else experience this? Using genuine z10 BlackBerry pouch with magnet and flap

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:21 PM
    I'm running 10.2.0.429

I just realized that the magnetic holster isn't causing my phone to lock anymore. and yes, I have "lock device when holstered" enabled in device password settings.

I have the genuine leather swivel case, and I also tested the flap style case and neither is working anymore.
    12-03-13 12:29 PM
    I've noticed that my device doesn't sleep and wake upon going into or coming out of the holster. This happened recently, and I'm attributing it to me updating to 10.2 I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767 since a few weeks, but maybe I just noticed

Anyways, I checked and there are no longer settings for holster action in the phone settings menu. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:48 PM
    I've noticed that my device doesn't sleep and wake upon going into or coming out of the holster. This happened recently, and I'm attributing it to me updating to 10.2 I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1767 since a few weeks, but maybe I just noticed

Anyways, I checked and there are no longer settings for holster action in the phone settings menu. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    yep, noticed that too.

i rebooted my phone and the lock upon holstering was working, but now it's stopped again.

this has to be a bug.

update: rebooted phone, phone locks in holster. fast forward about an hour, feature stops working.
    Last edited by RED-i; 12-03-13 at 02:35 PM.
    12-03-13 01:28 PM