I could use some help. I had blackberry phones for years and loved them. My last bb was a storm 2. I had to upgrade a year ago and the z10 was not out yet. I am not very happy with my current phone and I am thinking about getting a z10, but have some questions.

I am on verizon and wanted to know how the 3g and 4g signal was?

I also am wondering what if any issues there are with the phone?

I see a lot of people excited about a update? What are people looking for from the next new update?

Thanks for any info and help.
    06-18-13 12:40 AM
    Signal strength would depend on your area.

The forum is full of threads answering the latter two.

I'd say get one if you don't like it take it back.

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    06-18-13 01:01 AM
    PS I love my z and had an os 4,5,6,7 BlackBerry and the z doesn't compare. Take it for a spin...

Posted via CB10 from my AT&T Z10
    06-18-13 01:03 AM
    You ask a lot of questions that have been discussed ad nauseum in the forums. I don't want to not help, but take your time to dig around in the forums and you'll get the information you need. Take everything with a grain of salt and be sure that after you believe you have the right amount of information you make the decision that is best for you.

I really like my Z and I think it's on par with some of the Galaxy series of phones. If you go to a store that has only the demo version of the Z (and any other mobile device that you may want to try out) walk out and find a store that will allow you to actually play with it. With regard to any device, if a store doesn't have a live device you can play with, go somewhere else. Would you buy a car without test driving it?

Take your time.
    06-18-13 01:08 AM
    I was reading for almost a hour last night and did not find many answers. so many people are posting so much, so often it almost seems like a jumbled mess.

I was just looking for some first hand experience on a few things, in the form of short and sweet.

I have a s3 and the phone is not to bad but the signal it gets is not the best. being out of bb for a year I am a little lost.
    06-18-13 11:23 AM
    Here are my impressions of my short time with it so far, for what it is worth:

Signal:
    I can't comment on the Verizon signal specifically, but as far as signal strength vs other models, my personal experience is that with the same provider it has matched my previous 9360 and a previous Galaxy Nexus S (tested 3G only).

Issues:
    So far on one day I had the phone power itself off 3 times, but then it never happened again.
    The battery could be better... heavy use for me does not get me through a day, moderate use does just make it. Expect to charge every night.
    For app support, it may not be up to the level of IOS or Android, but for me I have all the necessities. Finding the gps great, the voice response not so great (for voice dialing), OS responsiveness absolutely fantastic.
    The keyboard in particular is amazing... I never thought I could get used to not having a physical keyboard after the 9360, but so far I love it. It also gets me typing in complete sentences instead of shorthand!
    Web browser is also amazing and super fast.
    The one thing I will say is there is a bit of a learning curve, but you do get used to it.

Overall, I am very happy with it and highly recommend the phone.
    06-18-13 11:51 AM