Seems that my Z10 likes to frequently drop the connection to our router or function intermittently these days. I would love to blame it on our old D-Link router, but I can sit in the exact same spot with my wife's HTC One Mini and watch Netflix without any problems. Same goes for the Wii, her net book, and my laptop.

Curiously, the PlayBook gad always been flakey with wifi as well, while my Bold 9900 always works great. In fact, it is often better to BT to the 9900 with the PlayBook to use the Internet, but I digress.

So, I have had the Z10 since December 2013 used it as my main phone until the beginning of March. In that time I did not notice any issues with wifi. After I switched back to the 9900 and only used the Z10 on wifi, the problem began. This might also be the same time it updated to 10.2.1.2141 (Rogers). Physically it is pretty much new, never been wet or dropped, etc.

Any thoughts on why it's the odd man out when it comes to using this plain old D-Link WBR-1310 802.11 B/G (FW version 4.13) router?
    rai187 likes this.
    04-10-14 10:52 PM
    Well, I'm sitting here with my old D-Link router and no issues. There's the usual trouble shooting: physical reset of router; check to see if it has its latest firmware; try changing mode (from mixed to single etc, you say you're on B/G, shouldn't you be on G/N?); try a different channel (1, to 6, to 11 etc).
    04-10-14 11:10 PM
    I've never had WiFi issues until upgrading to 10.2. Been several threads about it.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 11:39 PM
    Indeed. Likely should have mentioned that I did run through the gambit of tech support stuff we nerds/geeks find fun. Router itself is fine. B/G only oldie, but reliable and sufficient.

I thought perhaps the antenna in the Z10 was broken, as it works reliably when sitting near the router. 15 feet away, not so much. That said I am about 6 feet from it with line of sight and have -56 dBm, while down stairs and through one wall it is -64 dBm, which isn't all that different / bad. For sake of comparison, my 9900 has slightly worse dBm in the same spots, but never any issues, even with YouTube (Z10 constantly craps out on YouTube... heck it even gets the "media error" messages when streaming h264 video from my Debian with Apache desktop...).

Seems like a software issue on the Z10 to me.

Only Android apps I have installed are Netflix and ... just Netflix. Don't really use it often. That is the only program that I allow location services for, as it is forced on for android apps (even when toggled off globally). Biggest battery draining app us CB10 at 0.76% and there doesn't seem to be any hitching or "lag" to indicate that a process is over active.

When issues occur the connection either drops completely or the wifi signal strength meter drops to 1 or 0 bars. Sometimes it comes back, but most often I need to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again (just like the PlayBook, the only other QNX device).

Again, no issues with my BBOS7, Windows, Linux, and Wii devices.

I have lots of BlackBerry native apps installed so I am reluctant to waste time wiping it (also, I lost paid apps when I wiped the PlayBook once and never got them or my money back, ad they were no longer available. Something I wish to avoid with the Z10 - once burned, twice shy).
    04-11-14 12:01 AM
    I do have wifi issue after updating to 10.2.1. Both our Z10's started to have wifi problem around the same time.

? CB10 ?
    04-11-14 12:57 AM
    Try a public wifi locale and see how it works there.

I've 10.2.1 and use public wifi's and my own now for a couple of months.
    04-11-14 11:40 AM