Hello All

I have recently got the Z10 and I am about to upgrade however I do not want my whole list to now be informed via the 'I made the switch to Blackberry 10' automatic profile message.

Is there anyway I can avoid this. My wife recently updated hers and her whole contact list is going .....'Really'?? We cannot seem to figure a way out to get rid of this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    03-05-13 01:41 AM
    I got that message going to all my contacts too...didn't realize for a while. Didn't like that happening w/o my knowledge. But sorry...don't know how to turn that off!
    03-05-13 01:58 AM
    What is this about? I'm not aware of this happening
    03-05-13 02:29 AM
    @dracolnyte

When transferring from an old bb to a new one, what happened was that all BBm contacts see a profile update saying "I made the switch to Blacberry 10". We cannot seem to delete or even edit this; now 'whole world' knows I just got paid and got a new phone........not cool.
    03-05-13 02:35 AM
    @dracolnyte

When transferring from an old bb to a new one, what happened was that all BBm contacts see a profile update saying "I made the switch to Blacberry 10". We cannot seem to delete or even edit this; now 'whole world' knows I just got paid and got a new phone........not cool.
    Dem baby mama's be pissed yo. Lol never happened to me.

Posted via microwave.
    03-05-13 02:38 AM
    Hello All

I have recently got the Z10 and I am about to upgrade however I do not want my whole list to now be informed via the 'I made the switch to Blackberry 10' automatic profile message.

Is there anyway I can avoid this. My wife recently updated hers and her whole contact list is going .....'Really'?? We cannot seem to figure a way out to get rid of this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I don't think it is "Profile MESSAGE". When you sign in with your BBID for the first time on your z10 I believe a "Status UPDATE" occurs. People only see status updates if they choose to. It does not send it in a message to them. I could be wrong buy that is what I recall.
    Tascamvillain likes this.
    03-05-13 02:49 AM
    Yes its a status update...which all contacts can read!
    03-05-13 02:52 AM
    I don't think it is "Profile MESSAGE". When you sign in with your BBID for the first time on your z10 I believe a "Status UPDATE" occurs. People only see status updates if they choose to. It does not send it in a message to them. I could be wrong buy that is what I recall.
    You are right! Not a sent message as such just a status update but cannot seem to get rid of it.
    03-05-13 02:54 AM
    Hello All

Thanks
    To answer your question there is no way to turn it off.

A work around that MAY work is writing down your contacts PINS that are on your old blackberry and then deleting them all off bbm. Then when you get on your z10 manually add back all the people. I cannot confirm it will work for sure but it is worth a shot.
    03-05-13 02:54 AM
    Not worth all that effort! Might as well let everyone know you got the z10
    03-05-13 02:56 AM