I deleted one of my gmail accounts and I think as a result lost all the contacts on my Z10 that were synching to that account. I then tried the BlackBerry Link "Import Contacts" option to see if I could transfer some contacts back from somewhere. It seems to have worked perfectly to restore all my contacts, but I am not sure which Address Book it used to import the contacts from. My first guess was from the Contacts list on my Macbook, but it couldn't have been since the imported contacts on the Z10 seems much more complete than the Contacts list on the Mac. Does anyone know where the "Import Contacts" database comes from? Could it be from a previous backup? If yes, do the contacts get backed up as part of Settings, Media, or Application Data back up? Appreciate any feedback.

Posted via Z10
    06-06-13 12:17 PM
    I deleted one of my gmail accounts and I think as a result lost all the contacts on my Z10 that were synching to that account. I then tried the BlackBerry Link "Import Contacts" option to see if I could transfer some contacts back from somewhere. It seems to have worked perfectly to restore all my contacts, but I am not sure which Address Book it used to import the contacts from. My first guess was from the Contacts list on my Macbook, but it couldn't have been since the imported contacts on the Z10 seems much more complete than the Contacts list on the Mac. Does anyone know where the "Import Contacts" database comes from? Could it be from a previous backup? If yes, do the contacts get backed up as part of Settings, Media, or Application Data back up? Appreciate any feedback.

Posted via Z10
    HI!
    You said you used BBLink to import contacts. These had to come from a previous backup file. As far as which part they are from, we can eliminate Media. SO its either in setting or application data. I will go with data but we can find out fast. I will ask someone else with more experience to take a look here and see.
    So hold on and we should have an answer for you!!

EDIT: We believe the contacts get backed up in data. SO there you have it. Your contacts on your phone now are from a previous backup.
    06-06-13 03:10 PM
    Great. Thanks so much for the response!

Posted via Z10
    06-06-13 08:04 PM
    Have a T-Mobile Q10 and my contacts only show up to 'F' in the address book unless I specifically search for a particular contact after the letter 'F'... anyone else having this issue with the address book and have a fix? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:50 PM