The IMEI displayed on my phone does not match that on the box. Im sure the box was not tempered with when I bought it from a Rogers store. Does anyone have the same problem??
    03-25-13 09:32 PM
    got to the store right now for replacement
    03-25-13 09:44 PM
    got to the store right now for replacement
    I concur. This shouldn't have been the case.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-25-13 09:48 PM
    I've used the phone for over a month now. I was trying to unlock the phone, and I found out the IMEI on the receipt differs from the one displayed in the phone???

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:50 PM
    Still take it back... this shouldn't be the case to begin with.
    03-25-13 09:51 PM
    I've used the phone for over a month now. I was trying to unlock the phone, and I found out the IMEI on the receipt differs from the one displayed in the phone???

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. I've dealt with Rogers forever. I guess I'd be calling in and making sure this doesn't effect your warranty of all things.

Any repairs with them require the original proof of purchase. Perhaps the store can fix it for you and let you keep the device you are using.

Obv Rogers network has your correct imei as you are using the phone. I'd be concerned about having the correct paperwork for the warranty.

03-25-13 09:53 PM
    According to the Rogers computer, the IMEI associated with my account is the one on the box. The IMEI in my phone is associated with someone else's account, so someone probably has my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:56 PM
    According to the Rogers computer, the IMEI associated with my account is the one on the box. The IMEI in my phone is associated with someone else's account, so someone probably has my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha. Might be easier to swap out paperwork / put a remark on your account vs trying to swap out and get setup with a new device at this point.

03-25-13 09:59 PM
    Yeah if there is a discrepancy, I would definitely get that taken care of ASAP. You should check the IMEI on the following:

About menu in the software
    Physical label behind the battery
    Box
    Receipts from your purchase

There is a chance if you have to get warranty work done on your phone that it could be denied.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:07 PM
    Yeah if there is a discrepancy, I would definitely get that taken care of ASAP. You should check the IMEI on the following:

About menu in the software
    Physical label behind the battery
    Box
    Receipts from your purchase

There is a chance if you have to get warranty work done on your phone that it could be denied.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I used to work at a Rogers store a few years ago. This could have been a harmless mistake. Ie two people looking at a z10 at the same time and then when they were done the devices were placed back in the wrong boxes.

It did happen to me once e and ultimately it doesn't matter what's on the box. It's the paperwork.

Depends on where u got it but back in the day it wasn't hard to fix the receipt. Good luck!

03-25-13 10:12 PM