I recently bought a Z10 from ebay. The seller promised that the IMIE is going to stay clean for ever. Yesterday, I took out the Sim card to try it on my friend's phone. When I reinserted the Sim card in my phone, error PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM#6 appeared on the network settings window. I was unable to make phone calls and use the Internet. I searched for the error on Google and some people say that the error means that it was reported lost or stolen. Also that the IMIE is black listed. I went ahead and took out the Sim card one more time and the phone started working again. I did a IMIE check on the T mobile website and the IMIE comes up as unknown. I called T Mobile and they said that IMIE is clean. My question is, what should I do? Should I return it? If this happened to you what did you do? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:23 PM
    Is your carrier T-Mobile? Are you sure the Z10 was originally a T-Mobile phone?

Is your model number Z10 STL100-2? Check in Settings\About.
    11-26-13 01:42 PM
    Yes it is t mobile. The model number is STL 100-3. I have a Go smart Sim card in it. I was thinking may be is the Sim card that has problem but when I put the Sim card on another phone it works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:47 PM
    T-Mobile should be able to send you a replacement SIM for it.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-26-13 01:55 PM
    Just curious, how do you know it's originally a T-Mo device?

Was it new or used when you got it?
    11-26-13 02:09 PM
    I'm trying to understand your problem...

1. Z10 with T-Mobile SIM worked
    2. Took SIM out and tried on a friend's phone
    3. Re-inserting the SIM into the Z10, which generated PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM#6
    4. Took out and re-inserted the SIM into the Z10 again
    5. Z10 working with SIM

What's the problem? The error message seems to be a temporary glitch?
    11-26-13 02:21 PM
    I'm trying to understand your problem...

1. Z10 with T-Mobile SIM worked
    2. Took SIM out and tried on a friend's phone
    3. Re-inserting the SIM into the Z10, which generated PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM#6
    4. Took out and re-inserted the SIM into the Z10 again
    5. Z10 working with SIM

What's the problem? The error message seems to be a temporary glitch?

I didn't use a t mobile Sim card I used a Gosmart Sim card. And the phone worked for a few days with no issues.
    Problem might be temporary but what about if the problem comes back? also why is the IMIE coming up as unknown in T Mobile's website?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:53 PM
    Just curious, how do you know it's originally a T-Mo device?

Was it new or used when you got it?
    When I called T Mobile they said that the IMIE is clean. Also when I turn on the phone it displays T Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 02:55 PM
    A T-Mobile phone has the words T Mobile on the back cover near the bottom. It is very faint. It is nearly lost in the weave of the faux carbon fiber.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:05 PM
    I don't see what the problem is???
    Call T-Mobile and have them send you a new SIM card...
    If you cannot wait, go to a T-Mobile retail store and get one.
    They normally provide them for free.

Stop using SIM cards from other sources. Sorted.
    howards likes this.
    11-26-13 03:11 PM
    I didn't use a t mobile Sim card I used a Gosmart Sim card. And the phone worked for a few days with no issues.
    GoSmart is T-Mobile's pay-as-you-go brand. It makes sense that your Z10 would display T-Mobile's logo after using the GoSmart SIM. I read somewhere in another thread that the Z10 will display the logo of whatever the carrier is depending on SIM. For example, if you were to put in an AT&T SIM, the Z10 would display an AT&T logo instead of the T-Mobile one.

Problem might be temporary but what about if the problem comes back? also why is the IMIE coming up as unknown in T Mobile's website?
    As what other posters have asked, is your Z10 T-Mobile branded? Does it have the "T-Mobile" on the back? If it doesn't, then it's unlikely that T-Mobile would have it in their website database. Even if it does, there's no guarantee that T-Mobile's website would provide such information correctly. If T-Mobile says it's clean, chances are, it's clean.

What is it about the seller that's giving you doubts about whether the Z10 would get blacklisted? Did your Z10 come too cheaply, without accessories? Do you suspect that it was stolen and the original owner might blacklist it at a later date? There are many Z10 sales going on and perhaps buying from a more reputable seller might give you peace of mind.

If the problem is a flakey SIM, get another one. They're cheap.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 11-26-13 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
    11-26-13 05:10 PM
    GoSmart is T-Mobile's pay-as-you-go brand. It makes sense that your Z10 would display T-Mobile's logo after using the GoSmart SIM. I read somewhere in another thread that the Z10 will display the logo of whatever the carrier is depending on SIM. For example, if you were to put in an AT&T SIM, the Z10 would display an AT&T logo instead of the T-Mobile one.

As what other posters have asked, is your Z10 T-Mobile branded? Does it have the "T-Mobile" on the back? If it doesn't, then it's unlikely that T-Mobile would have it in their website database. Even if it does, there's no guarantee that T-Mobile's website would provide such information correctly. If T-Mobile says it's clean, chances are, it's clean.

What is it about the seller that's giving you doubts about whether the Z10 would get blacklisted? Did your Z10 come too cheaply, without accessories? Do you suspect that it was stolen and the original owner might blacklist it at a later date? There are many Z10 sales going on and perhaps buying from a more reputable seller might give you piece of mind.

If the problem is a flakey SIM, get another one. They're cheap.
    Yes it has the T mobile logo in the back but that does not mean it is a t mobile phone. Any body can throw a battery door from any carrier. The seller seems to have a good reputation. I'm a little worry because of the error that appeared in the phone. Also I bought a z10 previously and it was blocked after two months. Thank god I got the money back from the bank. I paid $335.00 for the phone. I think the price is reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:31 PM
    Yes it has the T mobile logo in the back but that does not mean it is a t mobile phone. Any body can throw a battery door from any carrier.
    Well, in which case, checking the IMEI on T-Mobile's website is moot.

The seller seems to have a good reputation. I'm a little worry because of the error that appeared in the phone. Also I bought a z10 previously and it was blocked after two months. Thank god I got the money back from the bank. I paid $335.00 for the phone. I think the price is reasonable.
    If it got blocked, would it get unblocked to be blocked again later? Seems more like a glitch at this point.

The price is reasonable. Direct from BlackBerry is $399 new, unlocked.
    11-26-13 08:03 PM
    1) There have been reported, rare instances where a SIM that's faulty can cause this. Sounds like the case here.
    2) Although there are other IMEI search engines none of them are 100% accurate.
    3) What OS is your phone running? Does it have the T-Mo MR and wifi-calling? This would be a good indicator that it's been used with t-mo, of course.
    4) That T-mo cannot id the IMEI, though, is a bit weird. If it's a T-mo branded phone that IMEI should be in their data base. But you might ask if they have your PIN# in their data base.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-27-13 09:19 AM
    1) There have been reported, rare instances where a SIM that's faulty can cause this. Sounds like the case here.
    2) Although there are other IMEI search engines none of them are 100% accurate.
    3) What OS is your phone running? Does it have the T-Mo MR and wifi-calling? This would be a good indicator that it's been used with t-mo, of course.
    4) That T-mo cannot id the IMEI, though, is a bit weird. If it's a T-mo branded phone that IMEI should be in their data base. But you might ask if they have your PIN# in their data base.

TMobile does NOT know the IMEI of their branded phones. The Bold I was using prior to getting the Z10 was TMobile branded. It worked just fine except for UMA. I screwed around with all sorts of fixes from Crackberry posts, but nothing worked until I called TMobile and gave them the IMEI.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:14 AM
    TMobile does NOT know the IMEI of their branded phones. The Bold I was using prior to getting the Z10 was TMobile branded. It worked just fine except for UMA. I screwed around with all sorts of fixes from Crackberry posts, but nothing worked until I called TMobile and gave them the IMEI.
    I have to disagree with this. Scrannel is correct. T-Mobile actually does have a database of all of their phone stock IMEI/Serial/SIM numbers as all carriers should. The devices are purchased in bulk lot sales that are accompanied by this information. When you report your IMEI number to them for various reasons, you are just confirming that it is one of their devices. They ask for it to be able to confirm the available services for those devices as UMA and such. And, it is reported to be able to ultimately be associated with your account activation. If you have ever been in a distribution center and seen new devices stacked high with shrink wrap on pallets, you could see a shipping manifest showing all of this information that should coincide with the original electronic database supplied by the manufacturer.

Just like how T-Mobile contracts out to produce millions of individually numbered SIM cards. When a new activation is conducted, T-Mobile may still ask you for your SIM card serial number for the same type of confirmations as mentioned above.

Just because they ask you for this information does not mean it is not in their database.

Anything that is mass produced serially is documented at the point of manufacture, and that list is distributed according to what retailer receives which lot. This is common business practice. Just like how the US mint creates millions of paper bills with serial numbers and document which serial bills go to which banking institution. This is one of the ways how bank robbers are tracked by spending/using the bills, or counterfeited bills are discovered and recovered (multiple bills using the same numbers repeatedly). When a fake bill is reported, they ask for the serial number, not because they do not know or it is not in their database, it is because they are confirming the information about the bill that you are claiming. This is also how devices are black/white listed by BlackBerry themselves. Proper quality controls must have this ability to check inventory implemented.

How do I know this specifically about T-Mobile? Because, I specifically asked them when I attempted to activate and use my older BBOS device without reporting my IMEI number to them first. The device would not work until I had done so.

I hope I explained that clearly. I donít even understand myself sometimes. LoL.
    11-28-13 08:30 AM
    I have to disagree with this. Scrannel is correct. T-Mobile actually does have a database of all of their phone stock IMEI/Serial/SIM numbers as all carriers should. The devices are purchased in bulk lot sales that are accompanied by this information. When you report your IMEI number to them for various reasons, you are just confirming that it is one of their devices. They ask for it to be able to confirm the available services for those devices as UMA and such. And, it is reported to be able to ultimately be associated with your account activation. If you have ever been in a distribution center and seen new devices stacked high with shrink wrap on pallets, you could see a shipping manifest showing all of this information that should coincide with the original electronic database supplied by the manufacturer.

Just like how T-Mobile contracts out to produce millions of individually numbered SIM cards. When a new activation is conducted, T-Mobile may still ask you for your SIM card serial number for the same type of confirmations as mentioned above.

Just because they ask you for this information does not mean it is not in their database.

Anything that is mass produced serially is documented at the point of manufacture, and that list is distributed according to what retailer receives which lot. This is common business practice. Just like how the US mint creates millions of paper bills with serial numbers and document which serial bills go to which banking institution. This is one of the ways how bank robbers are tracked by spending/using the bills, or counterfeited bills are discovered and recovered (multiple bills using the same numbers repeatedly). When a fake bill is reported, they ask for the serial number, not because they do not know or it is not in their database, it is because they are confirming the information about the bill that you are claiming. This is also how devices are black/white listed by BlackBerry themselves. Proper quality controls must have this ability to check inventory implemented.

How do I know this specifically about T-Mobile? Because, I specifically asked them when I attempted to activate and use my older BBOS device without reporting my IMEI number to them first. The device would not work until I had done so.

I hope I explained that clearly. I donít even understand myself sometimes. LoL.
    Wow. This is tl;dr, but I read it anyway. You missed the point that I also talked to tmob as well. You are confusing knowledge of inventory in some accounting office and knowledge of the IMEI by the people who matter, namely the network operators.

Believe whatever you want to believe. However, I assure you if you put a tmob branded phone on their network, the people at tech and customer support have no clue it is from TMobile. As I stated, I did this myself and have first hand knowledge of this. You need to give them the IMEI for some branded features to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:40 AM
    Wow. This is tl;dr, but I read it anyway. You missed the point that I also talked to tmob as well. You are confusing knowledge of inventory in some accounting office and knowledge of the IMEI by the people who matter, namely the network operators.

Believe whatever you want to believe. However, I assure you if you put a tmob branded phone on their network, the people at tech and customer support have no clue it is from TMobile. As I stated, I did this myself and have first hand knowledge of this. You need to give them the IMEI for some branded features to work.
    I agree with the highlighted portion. Which I stated.
    I also mentioned T-Mobile in my post as well.
    I also have first hand knowledge as well.
    Since I already eluded to the fact that I have been to the massive return facility in LaGrange, GA where a family member works.
    I happen to disagree with your assertion that T-Mobile does not know the IMEI numbers for their stocked devices and that information must be supplied to them. T-Mobile already has this information. Supplied by BlackBerry themselves for their inventory. T-Mobile requests the IMEI number from end users to confirm eligibility and provide services, not because they don't have their own devices on record.
    11-28-13 12:31 PM
    I agree with the highlighted portion. Which I stated.
    I also mentioned T-Mobile in my post as well.
    I also have first hand knowledge as well.
    Since I already eluded to the fact that I have been to the massive return facility in LaGrange, GA where a family member works.
    I happen to disagree with your assertion that T-Mobile does not know the IMEI numbers for their stocked devices and that information must be supplied to them. T-Mobile already has this information. Supplied by BlackBerry themselves for their inventory. T-Mobile requests the IMEI number from end users to confirm eligibility and provide services, not because they don't have their own devices on record.
    Trust me, the people that matter, THE NETWORK PEOPLE, don't have this information. I already stated some accountant probably knows their phones details. Who cares, since they don't touch the network.

My z10 came out of a Texas warehouse.

Note also the IMEI can be hacked. If you examine your engineering screen, the only really unique ID is the phone serial number. You find it in the OS engineering screen, then identity.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 01:03 PM
    Most carriers have their branded phones in their data base these days. That's why people with unlocked Roger's phones, running on T-Mo, got pushed the Roger's OS update; they pushed to the IMEIs in their data base. T-Mo developers also confirmed that when they pushed the MR, they pushed to IMEIs in their data base, then to active SIM. Which is why I was asking if that phone had been pushed the T-mo MR.

And, yeah, yeah... we all know IMEI #s can be boogied. It's estimated that 50% of all active phones in Pakistan have fraudulent IMEI #s. What's that got to do with the original issue? We were just trying to help a user out with a phone issue. If one needs to determine if their IMEI is boogied, compare it with the sticker in the phone or on the box.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-28-13 01:16 PM
    Trust me, the people that matter, THE NETWORK PEOPLE, don't have this information. I already stated some accountant probably knows their phones details. Who cares, since they don't touch the network.

My z10 came out of a Texas warehouse.

Note also the IMEI can be hacked. If you examine your engineering screen, the only really unique ID is the phone serial number. You find it in the OS engineering screen, then identity.
    Sorry. I cannot trust statements that include terms like "Network People".
    1) If you mean a customer service representative (CSR), obviously they would not know the IMEI or Serial #, of a device in your possession for activation until you tell them. When a device is activated through customer service they require that information from you to see if it coincides with what is in their database for services. For T-Mobile branded devices, the information is already there and must be confirmed or they cannot activate the device. Understand? If this wasn't so, someone from AT&T could say that they want to activate their device on their network anytime or return a random unlocked device to them. But if they tried that in that way it would not work because the IMEI provided would not return results as being qualified as an actual T-Mobile branded device.

2) Costumer service representatives do not have any control over the network at all. They can only apply a device within their system to work on their network. It is basically data entry and not technical qualification. They enter the IMEI/Serial # and if the system rejects it or it shows as a blocked/stolen device there is nothing a CSR can do for you. Please stop with the "network people" thing...

3) It does not matter where you received your device from. I'm saying that I know a little bit about the controls process of returns/activations which includes the use of IMEI numbers, Serial numbers, and SIM card numbers.

4) Also, as I stated before, it is not only about IMEI numbers....
    T-Mobile actually does have a database of all of their phone stock IMEI/Serial/SIM numbers as all carriers should.
    It involves much more than that. there is a 3 step qualification process to ensure proper provisioning of services as stated above. If the device cannot be verified on their network via an IMEI or Serial # it cannot be activated properly. Even if you bring an unlocked device to their network, you must at least provide this information for qualification. The SIM card is the tertiary confirmation.
    11-28-13 01:49 PM
    Who said anything about activation in my case? I had a FUNCTIONAL simcard, and it got me on the network just fine, thank you very much.

I had a BlackBerry that I broke. I bought another BlackBerry off of Craigslist. TMobile did not know about this. I put my simcard in the TMobile branded phone phone and it worked EXCEPT for wifi calling. TMobile had no clue that phone was a branded at mobile phone, yet they can see IMSI, RIGHT? I had to call customer service and tell them about the phone.

You just don't get it. UMA and wifi calling are serious security vectors. It bridges the internet, a cesspool of slimy hackers, to their private network. Do you honestly think they will trust simply the IMEI and a simcard, all of which can be hacked, onto their private network? They need a bit more proof than that. Hence you call them, they verify who you are, etc.

Feel free to believe in the flying spaghetti monster for all I care.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:49 PM
    Who said anything about activation in my case? I had a FUNCTIONAL simcard, and it got me on the network just fine, thank you very much.
    -Sigh- I hate when I encounter people who are simply stuck in their own dimension...
    Didn't you state that you had problems with UMA and had to provide this information to have it "ACTIVATED"??

My how vein we are?
    May I also remind you that this thread is not about you. It is about the OP. I guess you missed this post...
    What's that got to do with the original issue? We were just trying to help a user out with a phone issue.
    Did you or did you not state that you had to provide them the device information in order to have the "ACTIVATION" of "FULL" functionality of your provisioned plan. In your case UMA? Here's a reminder...
    Did I not already state that if you bring another device out of the network or unlocked that you have to provide this to get the full functionality? Apparently you have a hard time reading simple sentence structure. Her's the important part again...
    For T-Mobile branded devices...
    It involves much more than that. there is a 3 step qualification process to ensure proper provisioning of services as stated above. If the device cannot be verified on their network via an IMEI or Serial # it cannot be activated properly. Even if you bring an unlocked device to their network, you must at least provide this information for qualification. The SIM card is the tertiary confirmation.
    I was initially addressing the fact that you tried to call another member (scrannel) out with this statement...
    Which is wrong!
    TMobile does NOT know the IMEI of their branded phones.
    T-Mobile is fully aware of their company stock IMEI/Serial/SIM card numbers.

I put my simcard in the TMobile branded phone phone and it worked EXCEPT for wifi calling. TMobile had no clue that phone was a branded at mobile phone, yet they can see IMSI, RIGHT? I had to call customer service and tell them about the phone.
    We Know. We know. Which I already addressed several times for you to understand...
    1) If you mean a customer service representative (CSR), obviously they would not know the IMEI or Serial #, of a device in your possession for activation until you tell them.
    You just don't get it....
    I believe you are the one who is just not getting it. In order to provide fully functioning "ACTIVATION" or your provisioning, you must provide the aforementioned information. That does not mean that T-Mobile is not aware of the IMEI numbers of their branded devices.

However, after it all, it always comes down to statements like this...
    Feel free to believe in the flying spaghetti monster for all I care.
    Because you don't know what you're talking about and resort to that baseline.

I'm done here.
    I just hope no new BlackBerry community member elects to "trust" or "believe" you or your judgement.
    But then again, that's all you could possibly hope for.
    Post away my friend...
    11-28-13 04:46 PM