this might be a silly question, but how can I get my IMEI number into another document? I'm reading this list of tips by some cell phone privacy guru who says to keep a record of the number.

I can find the number easily enough on my Z10 (System settings, About, Hardware), and thought I would copy/paste into a message sent to myself. However, I cannot copy it (I tap and hold but nothing happens) and have no confidence that in hand-copying it I won't miss a digit or two.

Is there any way I can copy this?
    08-09-13 11:59 AM
    take a screenshot and sent that to yourself
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-09-13 12:02 PM
    this might be a silly question, but how can I get my IMEI number into another document? I'm reading this list of tips by some cell phone privacy guru who says to keep a record of the number.

I can find the number easily enough on my Z10 (System settings, About, Hardware), and thought I would copy/paste into a message sent to myself. However, I cannot copy it (I tap and hold but nothing happens) and have no confidence that in hand-copying it I won't miss a digit or two.

Is there any way I can copy this?
    You could always take a screen shot of the page with the IMEI on it ;-)
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-09-13 12:03 PM
    Hi Stevie,
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes, you're right that there's no way to copy it currently on BB10. You'll have to copy it manually at least once. If you think you might need it sometimes, copy it into a Contact for yourself, a Remember item, a clipboard app like ClipMan, and/or a new Word Substitution rule.

You should be able to compare them side by side in their active frames, hopefully.

If you need to enter it frequently, maybe make a new Word Sub entry where myimei becomes your imei number, just like the stock entries for mypin, myver, and mynumber. I made a similar mychan rule for my BBM Channel pin.
    David in Durham likes this.
    08-09-13 12:10 PM
    take a screenshot and sent that to yourself
    You could always take a screen shot of the page with the IMEI on it ;-)
    Or there's this obvious and great idea that never occurred to me! LoL.

Just rename the screenshot after and/or save it to a Remember item, so it you can easily find it with a Search when needed.
    08-09-13 12:17 PM