ive always been a Blackberry users since the Pearl 8100 days, till now that I own my Z10, sure I could have just go and buyed an amazing fancy samsung galaxy S4 or note 3 or even Iphone 5S, "but" for ME Blackberry is just good and amazing for my needs, I really love my Z10 and for those people who keeps complaining how stupid blackberry is or how there arent any cool games or apps WHY are you still using Blackberry then? why dont just move to another brand and shut up? as an Blackerry users it really hurts to keep hearing all this bullcrap people keep on talking about the company.
    12-10-13 11:43 PM
    Exactly. I just mentally them. It is frustrating. BlackBerrys are good phones - I have/had four. My favourite is the Q10. I love my Q10 and wouldn't use another phone unless forced. Complainers will always complain no matter what they have - there are always imperfections that someone will b**ch about, no matter how good the phone is. Sometimes it's simply to get attention. Ignore.
    lcgoldman likes this.
    12-10-13 11:58 PM
    What really bothers me is how people are so content with the smartphone industry being dominated WORLDWIDE by only two companies (Apple and Samsung) and two operating systems (iOS and Android). It has to be one or the other; it cannot be a third company or another OS, apparently. And to ensure that only two exist, everyone from app developers to service providers essentially close the market to outsiders by either refusing to develop apps for them or by refusing to carry or push a certain phone. Why are these people so afraid of consumers having a choice?

Posted via CB10
    edu3110 and EchoesFX like this.
    12-11-13 01:21 AM
    Unfortunately the tech community thinks Windows Phone is the 3rd player.

You need to understand that tech writers can't afford to be black balled by Microsoft. They can afford to be on the BlackBerry fecal matter list.

Apple is the worst for black balling, but Microsoft does it too.

Uh no offense meant by the term black balling. It might only be a US phrase and I appreciate that BlackBerry users are all over the world. I could use "enemies list", but that is a bit over the top. How about ostracized? Does that work?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:24 AM
    Haters gona hate! :/

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:25 AM
    Is this actually a real thread? Lol

Honestly... why the fck do you care?? do you like your phone? Is it the best fit for your needs? If so, then why do you give a rip?

It's not like BlackBerry bashers have no history of an overly complacent company that waited far too long to stay current with the vast majority of smartphone user needs which systematically errorded their user base to less than 6% of the consumer market.

I dig my Z10, and think it's arguably the best phone/OS on the market. But I can't argue with the facts about how they dug their own grave and continue to dig. BB10's official launch and marketing campaign (or lack thereof) was an epic failure and a classic example of what not to do when trying to attract new customers and win back some of their old ones. To date, they have still not been able to win over some of the key holdouts that deter the vast majority of the potential customers I speak to. Namely Netflix and Instagram. Ya ya, you can sideload and 10.2.1 now has android runtime, but there should never have been a question with regards to getting the top 100-200 apps on board. Even some of the apps they do have are an abysmal failure that lack features and functionality (ie facebook)

My 2 cents anyway....

Seek not to find the answer... just understand the question.
    12-11-13 03:13 AM
    I have looked at IOS and Android forums too (we have some Android devices) and they have their negative threads there too. I totally understand it point. Hopefully, the new CEO is good at PR and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:02 AM
    What really bothers me is how people are so content with the smartphone industry being dominated WORLDWIDE by only two companies (Apple and Samsung) and two operating systems (iOS and Android). It has to be one or the other; it cannot be a third company or another OS, apparently. And to ensure that only two exist, everyone from app developers to service providers essentially close the market to outsiders by either refusing to develop apps for them or by refusing to carry or push a certain phone. Why are these people so afraid of consumers having a choice?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's the consumers doing that as much as the consumers echoing the speculators. At this point in history the speculators have chosen IOS and android for success and blackberry for failure. It is about money. This doesn't mean that won't change. BlackBerry was hoping that their recent deal would change the tone. It won't, they will unfortunately have to give up something they love and start doing something new to become the wall street darling again and speculators will start recommending them to the sheep. Yes it is that pagan.
    12-11-13 07:25 AM
    I also wonder this os is very good and fast .. but because just like playstore appword not prosper. they hit the blackberry. especially since the presence of BBMessenger cross platfrom devices blackberry na they sell and switch...
    12-11-13 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    You clearly don't understand how the business world works. There is no O giant conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:01 AM
    On one hand, some people who say negative things about BlackBerry are accurate. The OS is filled with bugs, glitches and omissions. There is simply no denying that.

On the other hand, some people simply can't objectively say that BlackBerry did some things right. File managenment with regards to email is the best on BlackBerry. Hands down. Couldn't work without it. Email is general is very very good.

I have a friend who is a die hard Android fan. He can never stop talking about it and making fun of my BlackBerry. Every few days, he makes a comment to me another another "stupid BlackBerry" something or other. He's usually off base. Last one was when he told me: "I downloaded the BlackBerry keyboard for my S4. It sucks. It has a built in Skype key. BlackBerry is so stupid." Hmmmm, there is no Skype key on the BlackBerry keyboard, and say what you will about BlackBerry, but the virtual keyboard is widely regarded as excellent. Obviously he downloaded some stupid knock off in Google Play, or something. When I pointed this out to him, he went silent.

I can objectively say what's good about iOS and Android. It's annoying that people can't objectively say what's good about BlackBerry. But oh well, I like my phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:08 AM
    OK, iPhone is supposed to be the "cool" device, and have heard people say -- since Blackberry is uncool -- they can't be caught with a BBerry. You are always going to have the sheep mentality. But, I am in the film biz... so yesterday I meet with a very high profile feature producer and he's running the Q10. Then a meeting with a TV producer and -- and believe it or not I see this a LOT in the film industry -- he's got an iPhone, AND a Blackberry. They have an iPhone around (usually an "out of date" version) to tinker with. But then the BBerry is for the other 99% of what needs to get done. I see far more BBerry phones in my business than anything else. Now these are the people who create much of the visual media the sheep crave.

The problem is... the sheep. They're not going to try something different unless they're told it's cool. And that's a process that BBerry is going to have to sort.
    12-11-13 08:48 AM
    We live in a world amongst sheep ruled by popular opinion. If some ****** on tv that the media tells us is "cool" uses an iPhone, then all of the mindless jackasses run out to get iPhones. That's how it starts.

Im tired of people talking bad about Blackberry!-7ntnr.png
    12-11-13 09:00 AM
    You clearly don't understand how the business world works. There is no O giant conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the needlessly condescending reply. I understand how business works quite well, but that doesn't mean I can't vent and engage in a little hyperbole. So please don't put words in my mouth, and stop reading what isn't there.

(by the way, what is an "O giant conspiracy"?)

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    12-11-13 09:01 AM
    (by the way, what is an "O giant conspiracy"?)
    It's a conspiracy beyond just "a conspiracy."
    12-11-13 10:00 AM
    I don't care. Can't waste my time arguing. That's not my job. It's bb's

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:02 AM
    oh wow thanks for the reply's , i just wanted to point out its really frustrating to keep hearing all the negative words and reviews. one thing i REALLY love about my Z10 is the "SWIPE UP" to unlock NO stupid lame button to press to exit menus ect. And the music quality from my Z10 in my AKG's headphones are so much better than any Samsung smartphones *from my personal testing* these Z10's have so much potential waiting to be release. Ill soon be upgrading to an Z30.
    12-11-13 10:05 AM
    oh wow thanks for the reply's , i just wanted to point out its really frustrating to keep hearing all the negative words and reviews. one thing i REALLY love about my Z10 is the "SWIPE UP" to unlock NO stupid lame button to press to exit menus ect. And the music quality from my Z10 in my AKG's headphones are so much better than any Samsung smartphones *from my personal testing* these Z10's have so much potential waiting to be release. Ill soon be upgrading to an Z30.
    Actually, I think music quality (and volume!) sucks compared to even my iPhone 1!
    12-11-13 10:11 AM
    Actually, I think music quality (and volume!) sucks compared to even my iPhone 1!
    nops, depends what brand of headphones/earphones you're using, i have the Dr.Dre Beats Studios for when im home, and my AKG's earphones for when im leaving home or when im at work.
    12-11-13 11:41 AM
    i do miss having BIS on my Blackberry Z10, cuz in my country my network gives UNLIMITED DATA with legacy Blackberry devices......but it aint a problem cuz i can share my Torch 9860 connection via the hotspot to my Z10
    12-11-13 11:44 AM
    Just another thread to ***** about others ********.

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    12-11-13 12:09 PM
    **** the haters!

BlackBerry for life!

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    12-11-13 12:11 PM
    Come on now, Iphone users don't get hate? Android users don't get hate? Windows Phone users don't get hate? Who cares what people think of a device, it's not a big deal and it happens to everybody.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:02 AM
    Can't believe I'm replying to this thread. But I'm sitting in a hotel lobby with nothing better to do so what the heck.
    On one hand, info feel a bit frustrated that there aren't as many accessories for my Z10 at my local Best Buy store. But then again, I can't find any parts for my Porche at Walmart either. This is an awesome piece of equipment. Probably the best one I've had so far. But unlike a Porche this thing is actually a work horse AND affordable. Who cares what the others think.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:58 PM
    Exactly. I just mentally them. It is frustrating. BlackBerrys are good phones - I have/had four. My favourite is the Q10. I love my Q10 and wouldn't use another phone unless forced. Complainers will always complain no matter what they have - there are always imperfections that someone will b**ch about, no matter how good the phone is. Sometimes it's simply to get attention. Ignore.
    I would say you are lucky to hear something, in my city no one is talking about blackberry.

History - Nokia 8310, O2 XDA II, Sony Ericsson W610, BB 8520, BB 9380, now Z 10 & very happy
    12-14-13 12:36 PM