Hey guys I had my Z10 for a month and I'm really getting annoyed with the reboots on my phone. I understand that it's a new OS but to get mainstream leaving the issue to the last minute is not really going to help BB if they leave it like this. I hope they fix this if not I'm going back to my WP 8X which is very stable and get a Samsung Galaxy S4 instead.

hope they fix it very soon :-)
    04-22-13 02:21 AM
    04-22-13 02:23 AM
    Mine's not doing that.

There are no issues with the phone, it's user error.

This is a 1st Gen OS.

And so on....(with apologies to KV)
    Last edited by mset; 04-22-13 at 04:04 AM.
    BLu and red_devil_fan_1999 like this.
    04-22-13 03:21 AM
    I can only imagine how much they suck. There is no excuse for these reboots and you have every right to get angry. The one important difference between you and everyone else is that you're being an adult about it. I wish I had a solution

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-22-13 03:27 AM
    From what I understand, the random reboots are caused by a trigger happy security watchdog in the OS.

If you have media card encryption turned on then turn it off, as media card encryption was the main cause for my random reboots (3 everyday).

It's a real downer to get a new phone that's as buggy as BlackBerry 10. But BlackBerry is working to get a fix out, it will be included in BlackBerry 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:31 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is not the first os to suffer from random reboots at launch. ICS from Google suffered the same problem on their Nexus phones when they were launched, fixed by an update months later. There have been other instances as well, I'm sure. Just saying. It happens.
    04-22-13 03:56 AM
    The HTC 8X also had a reboot issue which was somewhat solved with Portico. The Z10 is NOT the only phone to experience such things. This doesn't mean I am saying it is ok, I am saying to remember what the situation is for ALL new OSs
    04-22-13 04:00 AM
    First of all there is an issue with the z10 and restarts. I had to have my PIN reset by BlackBerry yesterday because I am on my FORTH device already.

I only had the new one on for an hour yesterday and while I was chatting on one of my BBM groups while plugged in to the charger, the phone just froze and rebooted by itself.

I honestly believe this issue does need to be resolved ASAP and when I see some of these CB users blow off us folks who are having issues after they just paid 550 dollars of their hard earned money for it really pisses me off.

I am going to hang in there and hope the update fixes the restart issues, but what if it doesn't and now the carriers 14 day return period is over? Does BlackBerry have a local repair or exchange facilties here in the USA?????

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 04-22-13 at 06:26 AM.
    mset and ima5exypaki like this.
    04-22-13 04:18 AM
    Does BlackBerry have a local repair or exchange facilties here in the USA?????
    Technically, it won't matter. You wouldn't be dealing with them if they did, since, unlike Apple, Lenovo, Google Nexus, Bryston, Avalon, and countless other makers of high-end hardware, Blackberry doesn't deal with you and your in-warranty issues. Warranty is dealt with by the 'point-of-sale entity'. In Blackberry's words, in talking to their head office support team, 'We just make them, we dont sell them or deal with end users on warranty issues'.

In Canada, one carrier will tell you that all they will do is send it for repair...and guess what? According to Blackberry, each carrier has a different deal in terms of whether they use Blackberry themselves or a third party to do warranty repair work.

Another carrier will replace.

Bottom line is that you're at the mercy of the carrier for the first xx attempts at solving your issue. As we know here in Canada, that's not good news.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-22-13 04:55 AM
    Yeah, sounds like a company who has faith in what they manufacturer doesn't it? Then the folks at the stores who are selling these products need to make the consumer aware of how Blackberry deals with warranty issues.

Now I have to spend another 7.00 a month for some BS insurance protection plan on my device, that as far as I concerned, Blackberry should be taking care of and not the store I bought it from. Pitiful

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ronald Bak; 04-22-13 at 06:14 AM.
    04-22-13 06:04 AM
    From what I understand, the random reboots are caused by a trigger happy security watchdog in the OS.
    Wouldn't everyone be affected then? That's what's odd: some people have zero problems while others have this consistent problem.
    Just incidentally, mine reboots too and i have no sd card, no sim card and no sideloaded apps. Yet four restarts now in three days.
    04-22-13 06:19 AM
    Make that five restarts as i now see it rebooted overnight.
    04-22-13 06:20 AM
    all these people who say they have random reboots, it is you guys unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 you kill them, nothing more nothing less,

i have never had random reboots on any of my blackberries and i am in Blackberry Tech Support for UK enterprise, i have had my Z10 since February the 5th as i had a test phone on lauch day so then bought my own, it has never frooze, it has hung once or twice but never randomly rebooted. I even installed the leacked 10.0.10.844 and never had issues, i have always tried leaks and installed no genuine OS and no issues like this, if you give your phone some TLC it will work, jsut like any other household appliance. If you leave your computer on all day, never clean it up, never update it, never turn it off or do a disc clean up it will just go slow and die, like your BB.

if your phone randomly reboots you have screwed your OS and every person who gets this should force restore on the bb website or Link, people who seem to blame the phone makes me laugh, i constantly clear my cashes, i make sure i do a full restart once a week so that it gets a chance to calm down and reboot, and clear anything from uninstalled apps. I always make sure i have 2GB left on phone memory no matter what so it always has left over disc space if its needed, never fully ram a phone up with content if you want it to run right.

the old blackberries used to force you to reboot on BB AppWorld when you deleted or sometimes when dowloading a big app, the Z10 does not, add some savvy like on a computer, you delete alot of programs and your memory get fragments left behind still, tidy up give it a reboot.

i have to say these and give some tips to improve your use as "random reboots" are usually caused by neglect, you can get erors were components cant work so they reboot the device and then your device is faulty, but 9 times out of 10, its how you use it/maintain it.

with a hardware cost of over $600 i like to take care of my phone.
    Last edited by timmsy; 04-22-13 at 06:56 AM.
    04-22-13 06:34 AM
    Exchange it now before its too late

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:37 AM
    all these people who say they have random reboots, it is you guys unfortunately, 9 times out of 10 you kill them, nothing more nothing less,

i have never had random reboots on any of my blackberries and i am in Blackberry Tech Support for UK enterprise, i have had my Z10 since February the 5th as i had a test phone on lauch day so then bought my own, it has never frooze, it has hung once or twice but never randomly rebooted. I even installed the leacked 10.0.10.844 and never had issues, i have always tried leaks and installed no genuine OS and no issues like this, if you give your phone some TLC it will work, jsut like any other household appliance. If you leave your computer on all day, never clean it up, never update it, never turn it off or do a disc clean up it will just go slow and die, like your BB.

if your phone randomly reboots you have screwed your OS and every person who gets this should force restore on the bb website or Link, people who seem to blame the phone makes me laugh, i constantly clear my cashes, i make sure i do a full restart once a week so that it gets a chance to calm down and reboot, and clear anything from uninstalled apps. I always make sure i have 2GB left on phone memory no matter what so it always has left over disc space if its needed, never fully ram a phone up with content if you want it to run right.

the old blackberries used to force you to reboot on BB AppWorld when you deleted or sometimes when dowloading a big app, the Z10 does not, add some savvy like on a computer, you delete alot of programs and your memory get fragments left behind still, tidy up give it a reboot.

i have to say these and give some tips to improve your use as "random reboots" are usually caused by neglect, you can get erors were components cant work so they reboot the device and then your device is faulty, but 9 times out of 10, its how you use it/maintain it.

This post does not take into account the many people that have exchanged their phone, thereby ending the random rebooting problem.

Outside of some lame attempt at stroking his own ego, his post serves no purpose.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:03 AM
    Technically, it won't matter. You wouldn't be dealing with them if they did, since, unlike Apple, Lenovo, Google Nexus, Bryston, Avalon, and countless other makers of high-end hardware, Blackberry doesn't deal with you and your in-warranty issues. Warranty is dealt with by the 'point-of-sale entity'. In Blackberry's words, in talking to their head office support team, 'We just make them, we dont sell them or deal with end users on warranty issues'.

In Canada, one carrier will tell you that all they will do is send it for repair...and guess what? According to Blackberry, each carrier has a different deal in terms of whether they use Blackberry themselves or a third party to do warranty repair work.

Another carrier will replace.

Bottom line is that you're at the mercy of the carrier for the first xx attempts at solving your issue. As we know here in Canada, that's not good news.
    yawn i love how wrong people who dont work with carriers are

you can deal direct with blackberry for all repairs, yawn, go download your warranty statement you agree to when you turn the phone on, its a laugh how you never read your own warranty agreement when you turn the phone on but then post pretending to know everything about it.

carriers offer 24 month not 12 month warranty with contracts so majority you have to go through carriers, also carrier devices are network locked so once again, you have to go through a carrier so they know what network you are meant to be using it with.

Carriers purchases the devices so everything is in their name so needs to be put back through for Proof of Purchase. Apple on contract can be done at the store or with your carrier thats the only difference. And no one likes walking to a store. Also every company have their own offerings, its called white labelling, why be the same as everyone esle.

We do courier exchange and same day swap out @ O2 so we have 24 months warranty on all devices we sell, any make and handset but because apple charge for Apple care we can only do 12 month warranty on iphones so actually they make it harder for themselves, i have many arguments with people who's iphones die after 12 months and they are like "all networks give 24 months" on other handsets, thats because they dont have a money grabbing manufacturer who makes you pay for the additional 2nd year warranty so stops all carriers from offering it in line with thier other manufacturers they sell.
    04-22-13 07:09 AM
    This post does not take into account the many people that have exchanged their phone, thereby ending the random rebooting problem.

Outside of some lame attempt at stroking his own ego, his post serves no purpose.

Posted via CB10
    yes it does, the people who just exchange them give up and just end up having the problem again later on in life because if they dont change how they use it they just kill their second one. It doesnt affect my ego, my phone works?

if i yawn anymore at some of these crappy replies i will fall asleep myself.
    04-22-13 07:11 AM
    Wouldn't everyone be affected then? That's what's odd: some people have zero problems while others have this consistent problem.
    Just incidentally, mine reboots too and i have no sd card, no sim card and no sideloaded apps. Yet four restarts now in three days.
    It probably depends on lots of things, like how many and what apps you have installed, whether they're Android ports or not, but I honestly don't know the technical details. Anyway just hang in there for a few more weeks, from what I understand the issue was marked critical by BlackBerry with a fix coming in 10.1

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:35 AM

If you have media card encryption turned on then turn it off, as media card encryption was the main cause for my random reboots (3 everyday).

It's a real downer to get a new phone that's as buggy as BlackBerry 10. But BlackBerry is working to get a fix out, it will be included in BlackBerry 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    Media Card encryption was also my issue. I was having many reboots a day and night. ZERO reboots since April 7th when I turned off Media Card encryption.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-22-13 07:40 AM
    yes it does, the people who just exchange them give up and just end up having the problem again later on in life because if they dont change how they use it they just kill their second one. It doesnt affect my ego, my phone works?

if i yawn anymore at some of these crappy replies i will fall asleep myself.
    Don't be a *****. Many have exchanged their phones with good results - myself included. I have now had my replacement phone longer than my original Z10, with zero random reboots on the new phone, running the same apps, sideloads, etc.

The new phone doesn't reboot, has great battery life, and doesn't heat up like the original unit did.

To come on here and attribute all of the problems to user error only shows that you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Yawn away, **** ******.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-22-13 07:47 AM
    Mine's not doing that.

There are no issues with the phone, it's user error.

This is a 1st Gen OS.

And so on....(with apologies to KV)
    You're annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:53 AM
    I've suggested trying this,but i dont think anyone with the reboot issue tried it,go Into Your escreen and turn off the sanity monitor ser if that works.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:17 AM

Sounds like you'd fit right in with Verizon: deny everything and blame the victim.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 and jdhooghe like this.
    04-22-13 10:17 AM
    Yeah, sounds like a company who has faith in what they manufacturer doesn't it? Then the folks at the stores who are selling these products need to make the consumer aware of how Blackberry deals with warranty issues.

Now I have to spend another 7.00 a month for some BS insurance protection plan on my device, that as far as I concerned, Blackberry should be taking care of and not the store I bought it from. Pitiful

Posted via CB10
    Read the warranty you were presented with when you first started the phone. Either identical or better than that of other manufacturers.

Applecare for $100/ year (max 2 claims) or insurance for $7 / month (no claim limit) .....which is cheaper ?
    04-22-13 10:27 AM
    First of all there is an issue with the z10 and restarts. I had to have my PIN reset by BlackBerry yesterday because I am on my FORTH device already.

I only had the new one on for an hour yesterday and while I was chatting on one of my BBM groups while plugged in to the charger, the phone just froze and rebooted by itself.

I honestly believe this issue does need to be resolved ASAP and when I see some of these CB users blow off us folks who are having issues after they just paid 550 dollars of their hard earned money for it really pisses me off.

I am going to hang in there and hope the update fixes the restart issues, but what if it doesn't and now the carriers 14 day return period is over? Does BlackBerry have a local repair or exchange facilties here in the USA?????

Posted via CB10
    Booo hooo

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:57 AM
35 12