06-02-14 10:56 AM
189 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Another lazy person on earth. No time to fix the phone but he is here in CrackBerry replying to all the posts...move on please...

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Stop it. You're making me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-18-14 04:36 AM
    I'm obviously not aware where you all are in the world or whether this is helpful or possible through "conditions" or "resources". I'm in the UK where it is possible to have sim only contracts for use in an unlocked or purchased phone, which is what I now have. I have always been a T-Mobile customer as its the only service which works in my home but when one off my previous phones (HTC HD2) was updated by T-mob it had issues which neither carrier or manufacturer could offer a solution other than to blame each other. I decided to get my first BB a 9810, purchased it outright. This was automatically updated by BlackBerry through Desktop manager, My situation now that I have a Z30 (fab phone) is the same and updated through Link. The cost of this operation is actually, as long as you keep the purchased phone past the contract due date, is much less than having a phone included contact. The UK provides many different contract types. I have found that this behaviour gives more flexibility and more buying power. And my phone is not conditioned by any carriers "code".
    Finally BlackBerry Always gives me, via link or phone, the latest official update around the same time as the Sachesi release, about a week later.
    I do however have to do backups and a reinstall as the update wipes the phone.
    I hope this info may prove helpful to some who are fed up with carrier inadequacies and who can do the above process.

I must say that my BlackBerry experience has for the most part been really good, and I think folk can be a bit quick to blame.
    03-18-14 04:47 AM
    I would like to but I dont want to do all that hacked ****... I want it from att!!!
    Finally, you mentioned what your carrier is. I looked at your profile, but you forgot to put that info in so that people can understand and make some suggestions for possible fixes.
    I just used Sachesi to update my AT&T (I assume that's the same as your att) Z10 to the T-Mobile released 10.2.1.2228 and it works great. Granted, I seldom use crappy antiquated text messaging on it, but I do use it sometimes on one of my other BB10 phones (all with updated OS's from leaks or from Sachesi updates) and it is such a huge difference, it's incredible.

There have been some reports of slow SMS from others and usually the fix is to delete those large chats, if I remember correctly. Especially sending MMS is one of the worst ways to send pictures. It's a grafted on kludge that often doesn't work right.
    03-18-14 04:55 AM
    AT&T HAS RELEASE 10.2.1 I am in New Jersey. The OS is great.
    03-18-14 04:56 AM
    There you have it OP perform an OTA update pronto! Job done.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-18-14 05:04 AM
    Don't bother complaining here man. I have a lot of issues with mine too, many the same, have been using BlackBerry devices for the past decade and the Q10 is quite possibly the worst device I've ever used. You wont get any sympathy here at Crackhead Central though. If you say anything other than omgBBisthebestdeviceEVER, you'll get crucified. Lol some guy in this thread said texting is antiquated? True or not, BlackBerry is the only one who fails at doing it efficiently. I have a sneaking suspicion that they did it to encourage the use of BBM. Either way, it's a junk OS that's for sure. Like the Oilers, you can only claim you're young team (or in this case: OS) before you've got to admit that you're s-ing the bed. Hopefully BlackBerry picks up their slack ando delivers eventually. Sorry fanboys, in this case, market share is not a conspiracy, it's an indication of your product's value.

Posted via CB10
    Interestingly enough, I've yet to have a single major issue, especially with something like sms. The only problem I have is the horrible contact management.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:29 AM
    Don't bother complaining here man. I have a lot of issues with mine too, many the same, have been using BlackBerry devices for the past decade and the Q10 is quite possibly the worst device I've ever used. You wont get any sympathy here at Crackhead Central though. If you say anything other than omgBBisthebestdeviceEVER, you'll get crucified. Lol some guy in this thread said texting is antiquated? True or not, BlackBerry is the only one who fails at doing it efficiently. I have a sneaking suspicion that they did it to encourage the use of BBM. Either way, it's a junk OS that's for sure. Like the Oilers, you can only claim you're young team (or in this case: OS) before you've got to admit that you're s-ing the bed. Hopefully BlackBerry picks up their slack and delivers eventually. Sorry fanboys, in this case, market share is not a conspiracy, it's an indication of your product's value.

Posted via CB10
    Two things you did wrong right off the bat. Diss the Oilers and then BlackBerry. I wouldn't have thought this possible but there it is plain as day!

I'll agree there are some fanboys within CB that always give the same lame response on how they never have that issue and their phone has been solid, hell I'm even one of those guys that can actually claim that.

However, when you see posts like yours that bring zero value and are totally what I like to call verbal diarrhea of the mouth, your expectation of getting constructive and helpful responses from a BlackBerry fan site is delusional. At this point, I'd put you in the same box as the OP.

And don't diss the Oilers again!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    03-18-14 06:22 AM
    Oooohhhh that's why. He's from AT&T )

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:48 AM
    When I did a Link update scan at 2am eastern time, there was NO att update.

OK guys part of the verdict is in.

Installed this update @ 2am eastern and its going on 9am eastern now.

The OS was SUPER cranky the first several hard restarts. With each one it got better. I still couldn't get the text interface to come up @ 4am when I went to bed, but when I got up at 7am everything was working exactly as it should have been.

******* SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackberry went back to multiple alarms like they should have done, hub is awesome, the new icons, new sounds, new menus, call answer, new pull-tab short settings, I could keep going on. The texts send wicked fast (although this morning my contact w/ the iphone claimed I didn't get 2 texts that were sent to me.... hasn't happened since though!), I could really go on. And I've not even had any real playtime with the phone yet.

Something that pissed me off. I spent HOURS going thru and linking contacts that were double-entered into my phone like a month ago. W/ this update, a million of my contacts had replicated again so I have to go one by one and relink the damn contacts.

The contact view is still a bit quirky in the text hub... it shows the name, but not the contact picture while in the chat stream.

Is there a better version than the one i installed? Should i download and install that verizon one that was posted a few replies back or stick w/ the one I installed? I want the latest and greatest... this sachesi thing is easy and so awesome
    03-18-14 07:57 AM

The OS was SUPER cranky the first several hard restarts. With each one it got better. I still couldn't get the text interface to come up @ 4am when I went to bed, but when I got up at 7am everything was working exactly as it should have been.

******* SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blackberry went back to multiple alarms like they should have done, hub is awesome, the new icons, new sounds, new menus, call answer, new pull-tab short settings, I could keep going on. The texts send wicked fast (although this morning my contact w/ the iphone claimed I didn't get 2 texts that were sent to me.... hasn't happened since though!), I could really go on. And I've not even had any real playtime with the phone yet.

Something that pissed me off. I spent HOURS going thru and linking contacts that were double-entered into my phone like a month ago. W/ this update, a million of my contacts had replicated again so I have to go one by one and relink the damn contacts.

The contact view is still a bit quirky in the text hub... it shows the name, but not the contact picture while in the chat stream.

Is there a better version than the one i installed? Should i download and install that verizon one that was posted a few replies back or stick w/ the one I installed? I want the latest and greatest... this sachesi thing is easy and so awesome
    Glad you're loving it! Download a contact app from BlackBerry world. I use contact X stick it on auto merge and let it do it's thing. No need to link em all one at a time. Also, before you do that, open contacts, settings, and turn off the contact lists you don't want displayed. That'll reduce the dupes. In your next post, type myver and hit space so we can see what you got.

03-18-14 08:20 AM
    Great. Regarding contacts I usually back them up twice. They are synced to my personal email (hotmail) and also in my SIM card if possible. If you swipe down in contacts and select options it may be set to show those accounts. Hide any accounts including the SIM and then go back and link contacts. Sometimes doubles come show up. Delete the doubles. I know it is a pain but those guys at BlackBerry must have been thinking something and expecting it to just work. I don't know. It is one of the few things that have not been great. Everything else has improved ten fold.
    03-18-14 08:22 AM

Like you I was reluctant to install anything other than an OTA update until I was having so many problems with my Z10 I bought a Galaxy S3, this sucked so bad I decided to go back to the Z10 and install a leak.

Man just like you was I glad I did!

It was so easy and improved the phone beyond recognition that I don't think I'll ever use anything else other than BB10 forever lol.

The contacts problem is one I had to and from memory, it is as others have said something to do with the linking of different types within the contacts app. You need to remove the links and delete the dupes, do the same in anything you sync it with, then re-sync and you're good, took me ages mind you but I haven't looked back since.

Glad you seem to be a bit more in love with the Z again though.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-14 08:27 AM
    Glad you're loving it! Download a contact app from BlackBerry world. I use contact X stick it on auto merge and let it do it's thing. No need to link em all one at a time. Also, before you do that, open contacts, settings, and turn off the contact lists you don't want displayed. That'll reduce the dupes. In your next post, type myver and hit space so we can see what you got.

Looks like this is a much better way of dealing with the duplicates than mine.

BTW never a good idea to do an update at 2 am, I've been there believe me lol.

Posted via CB10
    guygardner73 likes this.
    03-18-14 08:32 AM

The problem is, I use contacts from 3 different emails, facebook, saved from previous blackberry etc... I cant afford to start losing contacts by turning off different accounts.

I've also never synced to a sim before... even though I have one. I'm also not replying from the phone so I cant text myver

Great. Regarding contacts I usually back them up twice. They are synced to my personal email (hotmail) and also in my SIM card if possible. If you swipe down in contacts and select options it may be set to show those accounts. Hide any accounts including the SIM and then go back and link contacts. Sometimes doubles come show up. Delete the doubles. I know it is a pain but those guys at BlackBerry must have been thinking something and expecting it to just work. I don't know. It is one of the few things that have not been great. Everything else has improved ten fold.
    I've never synced to a sim before... should I be?

so you are saying to delete doubles, not just link them?

Thank you guys for being my psychologist the past day and getting me through this. Texting is wicked fast and so far, minus the hiccup first thing this morning, its been working beautiful.
    03-18-14 08:55 AM
    Ok I installed 10.2.1.2102

Should I download and then install the latest tmobile version thats been mentioned here?

Also, camera seems faster, and no more camera shutter when in vib mode!! Absolutely love the update so far.
    03-18-14 09:48 AM
    Glad you've successfully upgraded, Sparky. I wouldn't touch the T-Mo update just yet... It's smooth as hell but the battery life seemed better on 2102.
    03-18-14 10:00 AM
    Glad you've successfully upgraded, Sparky. I wouldn't touch the T-Mo update just yet... It's smooth as hell but the battery life seemed better on 2102.
    That worries my, apollo. It's 1151am and my battery is at 8% (as denoted by the % indicator on the lock menu ) and usually I dont have to charge it until 5-6pm.............. I'm assuming that being its got less than 24 hours of OS settle time that it's not settled in yet. GOnna kill the battery then charge it at my pc for a while.
    03-18-14 10:52 AM
    For various reasons a newly installed OS always takes around 24 hours to stabilize its battery consumption for me.

You should do yourself a favour and buy the battery charger bundle. It takes all the battery worries away with the Z10.

Go on and enjoy that "new" phone. John

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-18-14 11:05 AM
    seriously people are SO passionate over BlackBerry phones. they love them hard and hate them hard. whenever i use iOS i always pick out all the mistakes and quirks it has.. i dont think anyone goes on apple forums and has meltdowns like this one though.. very odd phenomena for blackberry. its a piece of software with bugs just like every piece of software. its written by human beings and human beings makes mistakes.
    Carmels likes this.
    03-18-14 11:14 AM
    That worries my, apollo. It's 1151am and my battery is at 8% (as denoted by the % indicator on the lock menu ) and usually I dont have to charge it until 5-6pm.............. I'm assuming that being its got less than 24 hours of OS settle time that it's not settled in yet. GOnna kill the battery then charge it at my pc for a while.
    Just don't let it hit 0. 1% should be enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 11:16 AM
    seriously people are SO passionate over BlackBerry phones. they love them hard and hate them hard. whenever i use iOS i always pick out all the mistakes and quirks it has.. i dont think anyone goes on apple forums and has meltdowns like this one though.. very odd phenomena for blackberry. its a piece of software with bugs just like every piece of software. its written by human beings and human beings makes mistakes.
    I do apologize. But when I've already got 3 dinner plates full of work ahead of me, the LAST thing I need to worry about is text/emails sending and my phone messing up.

Just don't let it hit 0. 1% should be enough.

Posted via CB10
    hahahaha lets just say that with this new build, when battery meter hits 0% battery, time to send off that last message cuz its done! haha.

I've ALWAYS been a fan of blackberry OS updates, but in the old days they would kick them off to the users faster (at least w/ sprint I think they did), but this one was taking so long I was seriously losing my mind. The phone has so many new goodies, options, tweaks and optimizations to mess with tonight after work
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-14 11:23 AM
    To answer your question earlier, you don't have to save your contacts to the SIM. It will only save numbers anyway. But yes I delete certain duplicates but haven't had to deal with that in a while. There was a suggestion to use an app. Give that a try. Might make life easier.

Note about Z10 battery. It may run for a while at 0% before shutting off. It will only do that once. From experience. It is just uncalibrated.
    03-18-14 11:42 AM
    I think I got like a minute of 0% battery before it shut down. At least its accurate this time around... before this update, it was totally in the air how much battery I had left when it was in the red zone.

Also, is it true you can use android apps now w/out sideloading??? How does that work?
    03-18-14 11:48 AM
    Yes, you can download APK files from a plethora of websites, Android stores such as Amazon and Aptoide and the best option, sideloading Snap, where you can download straight from the Play Store (and it will be the last thing you sideload). You can install from the browser, the file manager and if you're using a store they usually invoke the installation. Go fkn crazy!

PS: Make sure you go into Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps and enable Allow Apps from Other Sources to be installed
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-14 12:22 PM
    Sideload snap for apk's from Google play, use Contact X for your contacts, it really takes the headache out of it and allows the contact list to be backed up on SD card. Wait another 24hrs and your battery should be ok. You may want to check out the battery charger bundle as it's totally a lifesaver. Don?t forget, the drop down quick settings menu is now customizable.

Mecca EL likes this.
    03-18-14 12:51 PM
189 ... 34567 ...