As the title says, I'm keeping my BlackBerry! I have a Z10 and I love it! I'm with Verizon and I'm a phone junkie. I've had everything they've put out and even with the 4 new products out this week I will stay with my Z10. This is a first for me to not have the "latest or greatest" on drop day. Well after going through the motions of placing a store pickup order 5 times since last night, I couldn't come up with a clear reason to leave my Z10. I'm also, a purse junkie, so justifying a large purchase is easy peasy for me!! Usually I can think of something to justify buying a new phone, but today I really couldn't.

Sure Android, Apple and even Windows all have more apps, and yes you might have to side load one to twenty (depending on your own needs) apps, but if you know enough about smartphones to really be called a "smartphone" user, IMO, you should be, IMO, jazzed about taking that new bad boy out of the box, setting it up and hooking up to the computer and tinkering with your new toy! Isn't that the reason why we have them in the first place, to play with them (phones)!!!!???

For me, a smartphone is first and foremost a phone and has to be able to hold a call signal. You can't get anything better than a BlackBerry for that. After that, it has to be fun to use and for me, it my Z10 is. I'm not an app junkie, but, if I can't get it from the BB store or by sideloading, then I just use the browser (shocking I know) and go to the app in question!!

As I've said many times throughout this post, these are all just my opinions and I wanted to share the thoughts from a true Phone Junkie (I actually call myself another name that rhymes with "bore", but I didn't want to get in trouble). I'm know as the "Phone _bore" in my local Verizon stores and to all my friends. I guess I'll have to change my name!!

I'm also a phone case junkie, I have a basket with a least 150 cases for my phones. Most of which I don't have anymore!! I need rehab!!!!! Anyone need a case!!!!
    Last edited by lherch; 08-22-13 at 11:51 PM.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-22-13 11:00 PM
    Good on you. I believe there is a lot of us. So welcome to the party.

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323 and thanks to the berryleaks team.
    08-22-13 11:04 PM
    Glad to hear, what else do you like better than the Iphone5, S4, HTC one etc...assuming that you have had at least one of them being a "phone bore". Haha

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    08-22-13 11:06 PM
    I'm addicted to BlackBerry as well. I like being different and using a BlackBerry sets us apart from the clones. OS 10 is simply amazing

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-22-13 11:12 PM
    Z10....best phone ive ever had.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    08-22-13 11:14 PM
    There is no way I would give up my Z10. No chance in he11.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:20 PM
    Glad to hear, what else do you like better than the Iphone5, S4, HTC one etc...assuming that you have had at least one of them being a "phone bore". Haha

To me, typing is an very enjoyable action on my Z10 instead of a painful task on my previous iPhone. The phone OS is so smart. I'm addicted.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30000 View Post

Honestly, I don't like anything better than my Z10 right now. Sure the others are flashy and have hand wooshy tricks and yes I used them, but they were just tricks. They didn't make the OS any better or faster or make the calls connect and stay connected. I have had the others, I can not stand the iPhone, even if you jailbreak them (which is way too easy), they still aren't any fun. And Android, even with themes and rooted are still almost the same across the board and most Samsung's can't hold a call where I live. I don't like Motorola's interface and I hate the HTC dialer option. Only the Note 2 could keep calls, but holding that sucker while yammering away got old and I hate using Bluetooth in the house. Might as well get a land line if I have to hook up something else to use my phone as a phone.

I'm also really opinionated and really picky about small things. If HTC could make a phone that would hold call, and fix their dialer, it would be in my hot little hands right now and this post wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by lherch; 08-22-13 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Forget to specify which one I was replying to!
    08-22-13 11:22 PM
    To me, typing is an very enjoyable action on my Z10 instead of a painful task on my previous iPhone. The phone OS is so smart. I'm addicted.

Posted via CB10
    You got that right!!! I love having my phone know what I'm trying to say!!! I finally figured out that selecting the "flick" type has to pressed a little harder than regular typed word would be pressed. Too cool!!!!
    08-22-13 11:27 PM
    I haven't come across anything that I need my phone to do that that the Z doesn't deliver on, so why switch...
    lherch likes this.
    08-22-13 11:33 PM
    Good on ya! If you like the Z10 and it suits your needs, that's perfect...

Didn't you have a hard time getting used to the small screen, coming from a Note2 though?

.I'm not an app junkie, but, if I can't get it from the BB store or by sideloading, then I just use the browser
    (shocking I know) and go to the app in question!!
    But... The majority of apps, and the best apps,market apps that just replicate a web page...

Here's an example: Two of my favorite apps are IridiumFlare and NightSky.

The first one tells you when and where there'll be a flash of light up in the night sky from a satellite. It can even sent a notification when you need to look up.
    NightSky tells you the name of all the planets, stars and constellations up in the sky, just by pointing your phone towards a particular star. You can even search for a particular planet or star.

These kinds of apps are impossible to replicate just by using a browser shortcut, and its these apps that are the most interesting and valuable.
    08-22-13 11:36 PM
    You got that right!!! I love having my phone know what I'm trying to say!!! I finally figured out that selecting the "flick" type has to pressed a little harder than regular typed word would be pressed. Too cool!!!!
    That is a secret I don't want to share in a public forum. I only taught my wife about that :-)

Posted via CB10
    lherch likes this.
    08-22-13 11:38 PM
    Good on ya! If you like the Z10 and it suits your needs, that's perfect...

Didn't you have a hard time getting used to the small screen, coming from a Note2 though?

No, I really don't miss the screen size. It didn't make that much of a difference to me, maybe I'm weird (HA), even reading my ebooks is easier on my eyes. To me it was like a having a really big TV screen. Sure you can get a 55 or 60 inch monster, but I don't want to have to keep looking all over the place to make sure I'm not missing the one key thing that I was supposed to see. Did I mention I'm OCD too? That's the way the Note screen was to me. Too much to see and possibly miss. Ya, I know, weird...

But... The majority of apps, and the best apps,market apps that just replicate a web page...

Here's an example: Two of my favorite apps are IridiumFlare and NightSky.

The first one tells you when and where there'll be a flash of light up in the night sky from a satellite. It can even sent a notification when you need to look up.
    NightSky tells you the name of all the planets, stars and constellations up in the sky, just by pointing your phone towards a particular star. You can even search for a particular planet or star.

These kinds of apps are impossible to replicate just by using a browser shortcut, and its these apps that are the most interesting and valuable.
    Good example of apps that you should pester the heck out of the developer about until they make one for us!
    08-22-13 11:47 PM