I constantly have to stop myself from resting my index finger on the camera lens.

I hold my z10 in my left hand, bottom left corner in the center of my palm, thumb on the left; pinky, ring and middle fingers wrapped around the right, and my index finger just wants to rest on the camera lens. Probably because the index finger isn't long enough to wrap around the right edge at the knuckle like the other fingers are. I'm constantly stopping myself and wiping the fingerprint off the lens.

Is it just me?
    JesseConatser and EsJayDee like this.
    04-14-13 09:55 AM
    Lol, I have the same issue. Dang finger smudges all over my lens.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    04-14-13 10:00 AM
    I hold my phone this way, but with the screen towards me

I'm holding it wrong!-z10four525_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry_Pwner likes this.
    04-14-13 10:08 AM
    I constantly have to stop myself from resting my index finger on the camera lens.

I hold my z10 in my left hand, bottom left corner in the center of my palm, thumb on the left; pinky, ring and middle fingers wrapped around the right, and my index finger just wants to rest on the camera lens. Probably because the index finger isn't long enough to wrap around the right edge at the knuckle like the other fingers are. I'm constantly stopping myself and wiping the fingerprint off the lens.

Is it just me?
    I regularly touch the camera lens... I just know that I need to clean it when I want to use it... I wonder who though that location was a good idea...
    (Specifically it is my index finger that touched the lens, using it right handed..)
    04-14-13 10:27 AM
    It common for everyone to touch the lens once and while.
    04-14-13 10:32 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z10four525_edit.jpg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	151137

Posted via CB10
    That's my grip. Except when I relax a bit more, my index finger doesn't stretch around the side. It stays balanced on the back of the phone and seems to park on the camera lens. Just have to be cognizant of what I'm doing.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    04-14-13 10:53 AM
    That's my grip. Except when I relax a bit more, my index finger doesn't stretch around the side. It stays balanced on the back of the phone and seems to park on the camera lens. Just have to be cognizant of what I'm doing.
    Attached Thumbnails I'm holding it wrong!-blackberry-z10-price-india.jpg  
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-14-13 at 11:25 AM.
    04-14-13 11:00 AM
    Here is how I really hold it. Notice my hand is located more to the base of the phone. I do that because I want to make sure it doesn't fall through my hands so I don't really ever go near the camera glass:

Btw: my pinky looks a bit scary holding it like this LOL, but it feels safe to me.

Attachment 151154
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-14-13 at 11:42 AM.
    04-14-13 11:25 AM
    To quote Steve Jobs: "Don't hold it that way!"
    Eric Shapiro and T_Touch like this.
    04-14-13 11:28 AM
    To quote Steve Jobs: "Don't hold it that way!"
    *facedesk* You beat me to it!
    04-14-13 11:35 AM
    Yep, exactly.
    04-14-13 11:41 AM
    Sounds so miserable to be left handed hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm right handed, but use my left a lot in the bathroom as the toilet paper is to the right.

I joke, I joke... but you know you do it!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I were left handed this wouldn't be a problem. I hold phone in left and tap screen with my dominant right hand.
    04-14-13 12:02 PM
    I don't get what's the big deal? Smudges on the camera? Wow

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 12:35 PM
    I don't get what's the big deal? Smudges on the camera? Wow
    That's exactly the big deal. Having to clean the camera lens every time I use the camera. A fingerprint causes bad pictures.
    04-14-13 12:42 PM
    Then clean it. That's all that is needed then you can take awesome photos.

The end.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    04-14-13 12:55 PM
    Think about this. Holding with your right hand the hand that you wipe your but with. I sure hope you wash or your getting feeceis on your face. I use wet wipes so I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:00 PM
    That's exactly the big deal. Having to clean the camera lens every time I use the camera. A fingerprint causes bad pictures.
    Wow I didn't know wiping the lens was such a hard task. Maybe there's an app for that

04-14-13 01:01 PM
    I'm right handed, but use my left a lot in the bathroom as the toilet paper is to the right.

I joke, I joke... but you know you do it!

Posted via CB10
    So you reach over with your left hand to grab the toilet paper on the right??? And you wipe up with your left hand, even through you're right handed? Doesn't is make a mess all over your ****????
    04-14-13 01:03 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z10four525_edit.jpg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	151137

Posted via CB10
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:04 PM
    Wow I didn't know wiping the lens was such a hard task. Maybe there's an app for that

Maybe BBRY should have included a lens wiper installed on the device with a little water spritzer so when it's dirty you press a button and it cleans it automatically

/doh

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:06 PM
    If the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, and the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, then only left-handed people are in their right mind!
    04-14-13 01:13 PM
    To be honest I hold with either the right or left or both at the same time and I've never had this issue of a smudged lens. Plus I always wipe my device down anyways so not an issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 01:20 PM

Is it just me?
    I think you would have a problem with any of the major phones as their lenses are in a similar place.

I use a BlackBerry flip cover and fold the cover back in its triangle. It works like a handle for me and keeps my sausage link fingers away from the lens.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-14-13 01:22 PM
28 12