Ok, so I posted the other day about an issue with a carrier. Now I think maybe it is time to talk.
    Verizon was the carrier and tonight I am seeing many with update issues involving the app.
    So here is what I know and haven't said anything about yet.
    It has to do with some weird things with Verizon and the device I had to return.
    You may wish to read my posts and see my previous device issues.
    The backup app had some major issues and basically I got someone else backup contacts, who knows who got my contacts and a lot of very sensitive info was given to God knows who.
    I received an email telling me I would get a new phone and minutes later a text followed telling me there were "app issues".
    Next morning the new phone arrives via FedEx and shortly there after I set it up.
    Went out that night with a GF of mine and we were having dinner when I get a weird phone call after 5 (on a Saturday) from a woman from Verizon and boy did she move fast to make me happy. I was joking on what I wanted her to do to make me happy after this device issues and she didn't bat an eye and it was done in a heart beat. I got almost $200 knocked off my bill in less than 30 minutes.
    I'm thinking that there is something really fishy going on with Verizon and they are trying to cover it up.
    Their Backup Plus and whole site was also down that night and no info could be accessed and I think Verizon is scared someone will sue the pants off of them.
    Old bill:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

New bill:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Now I see a ton of people having issues with this Verizon App and it seems they scrambled too fast to fix it. Maybe we should just all skip it, call them, or something. Any ideas welcomed.
    Last edited by PINC; 04-14-13 at 12:14 AM.
    04-13-13 10:34 PM
    This could explain the update in BlackBerry World that just doesn't want to update.
    04-13-13 11:03 PM
    This could explain the update in BlackBerry World that just doesn't want to update.
    Agreed. And on this one, I think Verizon will shoot themselves in the foot by not pushing through the update for the OS.
    04-13-13 11:43 PM
    All I know is that the app only backs up about 1/3 of my contacts (the rest disappear into the ether) and have a update that won't update.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:03 AM
    All I know is that the app only backs up about 1/3 of my contacts (the rest disappear into the ether) and have a update that won't update.

Posted via CB10
    They haven't gone into Internet space. If the same thing that happened to me is happening to you, someone else has your contacts. When mine happened my dad was some man I didn't even know with a telephone number I had never seen!
    04-14-13 01:27 PM