My wife and I r both due for new phones and we're both rooting for blackberry. But.... We've been with iphone and android for so long we're worried we'll miss the rich selection of quality apps which r frequently updated, as r the operating systems. Things like the major canadian banks, auto trader.ca, forum runner etc. Not available on bb10. is the bb10 kindle app any good. Hows evernote for bb10 ? Apparantly it doesn't have evernote cloud support. Will these things come to bb10 over time ??? It's a big if. Any thoughts or inside app availability info would be appreciated. Thank u all in advance...
    03-30-13 11:11 AM
    OK, I just left Android for Z10 as my first BB. Thus far (less than a week) I have managed to replace what I used on my Android with similar stuff for BB. Now, if there are absolutely "do-or-die" apps you must have, I would check first. Also take a look at the BB's ability to "side-load" Android apps. What I do not miss is the need in Android to pile-on apps to get the device to a proficient level of basic functionality. For example, I have always needed to load an email app because the ones that came with the phones could not handle one of my accounts. Z10, no sweat. That sort of thing. I've had a few pleasant surprises, for one the "Room Tunes" app for Z10 is actually a generic Sonos app and is better than the Sonos version. But if you absolutely can't have something you absolutely must have... ?
    03-30-13 11:25 AM
    I am with a major Canadian bank and do a lot of online banking with playbook. Use the Z10 two or three times a day to check stock at Bank. Don't have any problems with interact E-mail money transfer. Works great. If your bank does not have an app then use the browser and go through their web page. Same with auto trader, access their web page through the browser. An app is not necessary. Browser works great.
    03-30-13 11:29 AM