Alright guys -- you've done it, haha. I've been stalking here forever -- even when I switched to an Iphone 4s in 2012 and then again got an Iphone 5, I was still an avid Crackberry follower. Now that ATT's come out with the Z10....I've put my Iphone 5 up on Craigslist and if I can get what I'm asking for it, I'm going to go outright buy the Z10 today.

It's definitely been a struggle coming to this decision -- but I've weighed the pros and the cons and I truly feel that I am a Blackberry user at heart. There is something about the efficiency, workhorse capabilities and flow of the OS that feels more me than an Iphone. But I'm going to talk about a few points below as to my concerns and would love any feedback on them.

1. I'm a 26 year old creative (actor/writer) New Yorker. All of my friends have the IPhone. I know I'm going to be "uncool" for going back to Blackberry, but I'd rather have a superior machine-- which seems to be the general consensus from reviews and on here. I can live without IMessage -- is it really that cool to just have a blue text bubble rather than a green text bubble anyway? But besides Apps and integration with my MacBook and AppleTV, what exactly will I be missing from the Apple ecosystem that Blackberry can't compete with?

2. Apps I use regularly: Facebook, Spotify, Trello, Kindle, Google Maps and Bank of America. Basically, I'm good on the Facebook and Kindle front. I have a friend who works for Trello who said you can sideload the Android Trello version pretty easily. Spotify and Bank of America, I'm not too clear on whether you can sideload or not? And Maps I also hear you can sideload.

3. My phone dies all the time -- I have my music on it, I'm constantly playing Spotify and my phone dies usually halfway through the day. I'm considering getting an IPad or an IPod touch to keep my music library on -- I also have an Apple TV, but I can live without having a dedicated remote besides my phone. However, if I upload my music to DropBox or another cloud service, am I able to pull through and play that music via my Z10?

4. I HATE TYPING on my Iphone. I used to work on my screenplays/writing on my Blackberry. Not on my Iphone. I hate that. I'm misspelling stuff all the time. I can't even deal with it. I'm so excited to get back to a good keyboard!!!! I cant even tell you.

5. I'm nervous about it, because I loved my my 9700 but was let down by the Torch and then the 9900, but I'm putting my faith back in Blackberry based on ya'll. Can anyone let me know if they have had a similar experience and if the Z10 made up for it??

Thanks guys! Glad to be coming back.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    03-23-13 12:22 PM
    Great choice!

I'm in a family of long life Apple users, iPhone 3, 3S, 4, 4S and now 5. My cousin has the 5, and it's terrible to type on, terrible, I can't handle it, he was blown away by my Z10 typing skills, it's virtually the easiest and best software keyboard around! Almost as good as the actual the 9700 keyboard.

Now regarding sideloads, it's easy and billions of apps are being added o the extensive sideload thread we've got here somewhere.

As for the battery, it's bigger than the iPhone's 5 (everyone knows that) which obviously means it holds longer, and if you take take the newest OS updates the battery improvements basically make the battery able to survive tough work through out a whole day of use, or 2-3 days with very basic use! So good luck to you
    03-23-13 12:29 PM