You can have your email for Gmail app on your desktop and it works it does not dive into the hub

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:05 PM
    I don't understand the problem, I have a separate hub icon for my Gmail and Hotmail accounts. Of course you've got to go through everything if you're looking in the main hub, but there's sections for each individual account.

If I Dont Use The Hub - Can I Add Icons To The Z-10 Desktop For Email and Texts?-img_00000104.png

Is this not what people seem to be looking for? I suspect there's just a misunderstanding as to how the hub actually works.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    Last edited by Baconwich; 08-07-13 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Trying to figure out why it's showing both pictures...
    00stryder and drewread like this.
    08-07-13 02:04 PM
    Should have finished reading
    What you said is not what he wants. With icons for each email on os 7 he could see without going into anything which he needed to respond to and in what order.
    With the hub it's adding steps and that is not intuitive at all. BlackBerry will probably offer a solution but what is currently on offer is not that solution

Posted via CB10
    I say again that what he is looking for is within the Hub. Open the hierarchy by tapping the lower left icon. You get your 'separate icons' along with unread counts and notification splats.

This IS new, but it IS MORE efficient...
    Essentially your home screen icons are there... they are simply in the Hub.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-07-13 02:39 PM
    I say again that what he is looking for is within the Hub. Open the hierarchy by tapping the lower left icon. You get your 'separate icons' along with unread counts and notification splats.

This IS new, but it IS MORE efficient...
    Essentially your home screen icons are there... they are simply in the Hub.

No it isn't.
    He is having to carry out actions to complete a task where previously all he had to do was look at the screen without going into anything.
    That is not more efficient. Anything where you do more actions than before is not more efficient.
    Granted it's only a few actions but don't try telling me performing actions for a task that previously required no actions is more efficient for anyone

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 02:57 AM
    No it isn't.
    He is having to carry out actions to complete a task where previously all he had to do was look at the screen without going into anything.
    That is not more efficient. Anything where you do more actions than before is not more efficient.
    Granted it's only a few actions but don't try telling me performing actions for a task that previously required no actions is more efficient for anyone

Posted via CB10
    Where do more actions come from?

Bbos way you would have to (a) go to your page of email icons (b) select that icon and then rinse and repeat for each addreas

Same exact thing from the Hub, except it is even faster to swipe into the Hub from ANYWHERE and once you are in there is is quicker to select the account.

08-08-13 05:05 AM
    Where do more actions come from?

Bbos way you would have to (a) go to your page of email icons (b) select that icon and then rinse and repeat for each addreas

Same exact thing from the Hub, except it is even faster to swipe into the Hub from ANYWHERE and once you are in there is is quicker to select the account.

The splat would appear on the screen of each email account on bbos so you can see right away if it's an important email account that has just received the message or if it's personal and can wait.
    With the hub, you get the led, have to access the hub, pull out the overflow, and scroll through the accounts.
    The hub is good in many ways but there are flaws and highlighting them would only serve to further improve the experience

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 07:32 AM
    The splat would appear on the screen of each email account on bbos so you can see right away if it's an important email account that has just received the message or if it's personal and can wait.
    With the hub, you get the led, have to access the hub, pull out the overflow, and scroll through the accounts.
    The hub is good in many ways but there are flaws and highlighting them would only serve to further improve the experience

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm. My BBOS phone was never left sitting on my home screen... so I would have to go there too

08-08-13 10:34 AM
    It's always one upside down L swipe away so it is the quickest way. Or from universal search by typing in Em.

Edit: Try composing email through universal search, you might like it. Open universal search, type in Em, then click compose then select you email. It's another slight work around and works better for the social media updates because you can type say tw space then you message and click post right from there.

Again you can choose which accounts to be displayed in your hub so you can hide social media accounts and such.
    drewread likes this.
    08-08-13 11:06 AM
    Ummmm. My BBOS phone was never left sitting on my home screen... so I would have to go there too

Ok fair point. But the hub is still not as efficient as it is trumped up to be! I think it's a good concept but with refining can be even better.
    A huge improvement to hub use would be customisable notifications, but BlackBerry are dragging their heels on getting it in for some reason!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:17 PM
    this thread makes me........

If I Dont Use The Hub - Can I Add Icons To The Z-10 Desktop For Email and Texts?-head-desk-1.jpg
    00stryder likes this.
    08-08-13 04:19 PM
    Ok fair point. But the hub is still not as efficient as it is trumped up to be! I think it's a good concept but with refining can be even better.
    A huge improvement to hub use would be customisable notifications, but BlackBerry are dragging their heels on getting it in for some reason!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, pushing out major feature packed release after major feature packed release sure is dragging their feet...

08-09-13 08:51 PM
    Yes, pushing out major feature packed release after major feature packed release sure is dragging their feet...

Name the releases that has hit the public?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 08:56 PM
    Name the releases that has hit the public?

Posted via CB10
    The 10.1 update brought significant text editing upgrades (edit bubble, keyboard accuracy, etc.), and the 10.1 MR update brought the simple password option, among other things. The MR was officially released what, in July? So that's 6 months from the official launch of the entire platform that BBRY's released two major updates. That's not even including what 10.2 brings to the table, in its infancy, and who knows what else they'll add before releasing it likely during the fall. Again less than 12 months since launch, that'll be three major OS updates.

Not saying that BBRY doesn't have a history of dragging their feet, but their execution on updates to BB10 are dramatically better than on BBOS.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-09-13 09:46 PM
    The 10.1 update brought significant text editing upgrades (edit bubble, keyboard accuracy, etc.), and the 10.1 MR update brought the simple password option, among other things. The MR was officially released what, in July? So that's 6 months from the official launch of the entire platform that BBRY's released two major updates. That's not even including what 10.2 brings to the table, in its infancy, and who knows what else they'll add before releasing it likely during the fall. Again less than 12 months since launch, that'll be three major OS updates.

Not saying that BBRY doesn't have a history of dragging their feet, but their execution on updates to BB10 are dramatically better than on BBOS.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Has the MR hit everywhere yet? I don't think it has.
    I said in another thread that while it's great that BlackBerry is working hard on these updates, and that much is clear, it means little to the people who don't get to experience the updates. Their distribution is poor, and I'm aware BlackBerry is not solely to blame for that but they are going ones who will be judged for it and it's an area that can use improvement on.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:48 AM
39 12