View Poll Results: What smartphone would you start using if BlackBerry stopped selling phone?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 5 or 5s

42 30.22%
  • Samsung Galaxy 4 (or other Samsung Galaxy)

27 19.42%
  • Google Nexus 5 (or other Nexus)

14 10.07%
  • Moto X

7 5.04%
  • Other Motorola Android Phone

1 0.72%
  • Sony Xperia (any iteration)

6 4.32%
  • Other Android Phone

8 5.76%
  • Nokia Lumia 1020 (or other Lumia)

27 19.42%
  • Other Windows Phone

7 5.04%
01-18-14 06:22 AM
139 ... 456
tools
    I'm ok in that respect as I'm an irregular consumer.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-16-14 02:29 AM
    I will be joining an Organization that supports this Enterprise phones. So that solves the worries for me... : no thght of leaving Blackberry ever and ever
    extisis likes this.
    01-16-14 06:36 AM
    N9 running Meego had nothing to do with Symbian. I was an alternate OS Nokia worked on. It was supposed to be the final step in getting what used to be Maemo to market as the consumer facing modern Linux based touch friendly Nokia device. Ultimately prior to EFLOP the plan was for Meego to be the high end Nokia line and Symbian to be moved down stream.

Maemo had been around for years on Nokias tablet style devices. Nokia was building some pretty cool tablet like devices, mini computers running Linux that could do it all pretty much (Nokia n900, n800 etc.)

I had the n900 and loved that thing. I still have a Nokia n9 64gb model pretty awesome. I love what blackberry did with os10. I think Palm Web OS was also on the right track OS wise. Still probably the best card based multitasking with stacks of multiple app instances. Swipe based is was great. Hardware sucked though. Loving my z10. Hope BlackBerry keeps making the OS better and better as they have so far.

Posted via CB10
    yeah i was reading up on it and it seemed interesting but not as advanced as BlackBerry 10 is and yet it's still in its infancy. Nokia (and Intel) seemed to think it was better just to adopt Windows phone OS than to stick with a linux-based system, an open OS (ala Androde).

I used Palm OS (Treo 650) before getting into BlackBerry but my ultimate goal after upgrading from my flip phone was to get to use a BlackBerry. I loved GUIs that were used with a stylus (like your Nokia N800) in the past but it doesn't seem so practical now.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-16-14 at 07:50 AM.
    01-16-14 07:21 AM
    Either a Nexus or something from motorola

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    01-16-14 09:18 AM
    Best Android out there!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 09:34 AM
    Best Android out there!

Posted via CB10
    Which Android phone is the best out there?
    01-16-14 10:28 AM
    Which Android phone is the best out there?
    I would say that depends on the user.
    I mean, with BlackBerry I'd argue that the Q10 is the best BlackBerry phone out there. But I don't do a lot of media consumption on it. If 1 did, then they would likely not behappy with this phone.

For them, a Z series would more than likely be better. Same goes for Android. I have an older Android phone here running 4.0.1 and the size is all but identical to my Q10. Even the Crunk case fits it.

If I choose to go back to Android I would want something smaller for 1 handed ease of use. But others consuming more media would be happier with, say the Note 3.

There is a damand for smaller Android phones starting. Just look at all these "mini" versions that have been coming out in the last 10 months or so of other flagship Android devices.

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    01-16-14 10:41 AM
    Tough question...

I'd opt for either a Galaxy Note 3, HTC One or GN5.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 04:23 PM
    I would say that depends on the user.
    I mean, with BlackBerry I'd argue that the Q10 is the best BlackBerry phone out there. But I don't do a lot of media consumption on it. If 1 did, then they would likely not behappy with this phone.

For them, a Z series would more than likely be better. Same goes for Android. I have an older Android phone here running 4.0.1 and the size is all but identical to my Q10. Even the Crunk case fits it.

If I choose to go back to Android I would want something smaller for 1 handed ease of use. But others consuming more media would be happier with, say the Note 3.

There is a damand for smaller Android phones starting. Just look at all these "mini" versions that have been coming out in the last 10 months or so of other flagship Android devices.

Sounds like if Mike L. had his way back in the day, I would never have had a BlackBerry device to begin with. Personally, I don't get a smartphone with a keyboard taking up space at the expense of screen real estate. But, I get how a keyboard would be better for those who prioritize pure messaging on their device. At least prior to the BB10 virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:18 PM
    Sounds like if Mike L. had his way back in the day, I would never have had a BlackBerry device to begin with. Personally, I don't get a smartphone with a keyboard taking up space at the expense of screen real estate. But, I get how a keyboard would be better for those who prioritize pure messaging on their device. At least prior to the BB10 virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    The feel if anything. I can't explain it really. As I sit here and type this post on a touchscreen, I really just like a phone with a real keyboard. I can type on glass, but I type pretty fast and accurate on a real keyboard as well.

For me this it it. I like having an area of my phone that is large enough I can grab and not have to worry about messing up something by touching the screen. The keyboard is great to type on, plus a great place to place my hands on the front of the device rather than having to handle it carefully along the sides like some phones. (the S4 comes to mind, all screen and that's it, pretty much edge to edge)

I don't have to check what I type as much with a real keyboard. As soon as I've pressed the wrong key, I normally know it without even looking at the screen.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 using the CB Forums App.
    01-16-14 11:28 PM
    The feel if anything. I can't explain it really. As I sit here and type this post on a touchscreen, I really just like a phone with a real keyboard. I can type on glass, but I type pretty fast and accurate on a real keyboard as well.

For me this it it. I like having an area of my phone that is large enough I can grab and not have to worry about messing up something by touching the screen. The keyboard is great to type on, plus a great place to place my hands on the front of the device rather than having to handle it carefully along the sides like some phones. (the S4 comes to mind, all screen and that's it, pretty much edge to edge)

I don't have to check what I type as much with a real keyboard. As soon as I've pressed the wrong key, I normally know it without even looking at the screen.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 using the CB Forums App.
    To be fair, I do not have much experience on the vaunted BlackBerry physical keyboard, but even before the fantastic BB10 virtual keyboard, I just could not get around the physical keyboard to my satisfaction as far as punctuation and numbers and such. But I have seen "power users" in action on the keyboard clicking away at impressive speed....

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:57 PM
    To be fair, I do not have much experience on the vaunted BlackBerry physical keyboard, but even before the fantastic BB10 virtual keyboard, I just could not get around the physical keyboard to my satisfaction as far as punctuation and numbers and such. But I have seen "power users" in action on the keyboard clicking away at impressive speed....

Posted via CB10
    Haha. I hear ya there. I can understand that. I suppose after years of using them and all the secondary keys have always (in my case at least) been in the same place just like a standard keyboard, it's more muscle memory than anything. I can literally type with my eyes closed 1/2 the time.

01-17-14 12:02 AM
    At the end of WHICH day? In this millenium, a bag phone wouldn't be making any phone calls, as they were all analog, and analog cell service hasn't existed in the US in well over a decade.
    The point was carriers killed off analog for digital and the cash it racked in. A bag phone killed anything for signal. Even digital signals now this day and age suck.

I'd taken a old analog signal any day of the week at least I would have service where I need it. Always that overpriced sat phone!
    01-18-14 03:17 AM
    I considered the Sony experia, would be that or probably give in to apple.
    Personally my next phone will be a z30 or whatever BlackBerry new touch screen is out when my trusty z10 gives up!

Posted via my splendid Z10
    01-18-14 06:22 AM
139 ... 456