Because BB likes to release their OS's OFFICIALLY when their new devices come out.
    I wonder how long apple would be in business if they only released os updates whenever they released a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:33 PM
    Explain why it's bad that BlackBerry doesn't release buggy software? If they did, they'd be in even more hot water than they are now. Calm down and stop hating on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Bugs or not, If BlackBerry feels comfortable enough to call an os update "Official " they need to make sure it's more available to the masses. 10.1 was official a long assed time before those of us stateside got it from our carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 03:40 PM
    I wonder how long apple would be in business if they only released os updates whenever they released a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    Bugs or not, If BlackBerry feels comfortable enough to call an os update "Official " they need to make sure it's more available to the masses. 10.1 was official a long assed time before those of us stateside got it from our carriers.

Posted via CB10
    It's in the control of the carriers, and BlackBerry isn't in a position to dictate otherwise.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-07-13 04:08 PM
    It's in the control of the carriers, and BlackBerry isn't in a position to dictate otherwise.
    ATT has both the iphone and BlackBerry. When apple releases an update you don't have to wait on ATT approval to get it like the BlackBerry.

Our issue is why couldn't BlackBerry handle updates like apple does on the same carrier?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:43 PM
    ATT has both the iphone and BlackBerry. When apple releases an update you don't have to wait on ATT approval to get it like the BlackBerry.

Our issue is why couldn't BlackBerry handle updates like apple does on the same carrier?
    Watching this thread is kinda funny...
    I wonder how many will it take to screw in a single light bulb so everyone can see the light?

The answer is in your own post. Apple is not Blackberry.
    Apple releases updates directly to the end user. BlackBerry does not.
    BlackBerry releases updates to carriers for testing first prior to release.
    It is up to the carriers whether they believe an update works well for their end users.

That's like saying we both work for the same firm and provide the same or similar services to our customers.
    But, you complain that you don't make as much money as I do while performing almost the same exact tasks.
    But we may have signed different contracts for hire. I may have an extra signing bonus while you don't.
    Each device manufacturer has their own terms with carriers. BlackBerry has it's own parameters.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-13 05:02 PM
    I heard it will be available in late october or early november. Why so long? If it has been ready for z30 for weeks, it shouldn't take that long to get the OS ready for z10. In fact it should've been released when z30 was launched.
    if they released the update to other models/devices then there would be less of a demand for the "30",,, they want to make it special to help sales...
    10-07-13 05:28 PM
    you can download new BBOS from blackberry..you don't have to wait for your carrier..that's been true since the last gen BB's.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-07-13 06:39 PM
    if they released the update to other models/devices then there would be less of a demand for the "30",,, they want to make it special to help sales...
    I doubt that plays into it at all.

you can download new BBOS from blackberry..you don't have to wait for your carrier..that's been true since the last gen BB's.
    Actually since the first. It does give users a large choice in versions, so those power users can fine tune what works best for them.

Another bonus iPhone users don't have, leaks. While some of you prefer to wait on official 10.2, others like me are testing the 10.2.1 waters.
    10-07-13 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple owns their own carrier certification labs. They bring in carrier engineers (on their own dime) to evaluate hardware and software, in part because it's easier to maintain secrecy that way. It's enormously expensive.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    10-07-13 08:06 PM
    Carrier testing and approval. I feel your pain.
    10-07-13 08:24 PM
35 12